Sign in to follow this  
Willow

Traditional Christmas Impalong 2012

Well as I have said in game, I will be making a big announcement regarding this years Impalong... and here it is

Sadly this will be my last Impalong held at Festival Cove - independence server. It is time to hang up my Impalong hat and move on to pastures new. So to celebrate this last one, what other way can I do it but to go out with a big bang!

Over the next few weeks I will be dropping more hints on what to expect. Not only will there be the usual DoND and a chance to get some of your tools improved for free but there will be some amazing prizes handed out for contests. These contests will not be dependant on skill levels to make it completely fair to all.

Prize List (will be updated as more prizes are added)

1 gold coin yes thats right a whole shiny gold coin!

95ql Drake Set there will be some enchants on this set, but as of yet it is still being worked on

1 Settlement form plus 10 silver to help you get started

7q pickaxe (102 coc) - thank you Eladia

free pan filling (10k meals) everything supplied - thank you Ishy and Akan

another 1g coin - Ruger will hold a contest to be decided later - thank you Ruger

Boat - Thanks Ugora

2 cherrywood sailboats, both are over 60 ql and will come with lock and anchor - Thank you Crutchly

I will be donating a full set (minus greathelm) of enchanted 90ql scale. AoSP from 83-93 across the set - Thank you Tam

5 freee forge imping - Thank you Raycg

91CoC 5QL butchering knife - Thank you Blahsonson

2 rope tools of 26 and 23QL, both with 63CoC - Thank you again Blahsonson

Brass Compass ql 82.60 - Thanks Raybarg

Cog - Thank you Kratos

A full set of sold gold chain armor, 82+ ql, handcrafted by Chaos's very own Speedy!

*super special prize alert* 1 newbie account comes with a full year premium already added

Variety of high enchanted tools and weps for random daily shout out giveaways - c/o Tam again, thank you so much Tam, always my partner in crime.

much more to follow but I dont want you all to get too excited too early ;)

Festival Cove will open it's doors on 19th December 2012 covering all of the Christmas week closing it's doors for the last time on 2nd January 2013.

You are all welcome to come spend a day or two, or even have the entire week with us (as many of you already do)

Players from all servers are welcome, Festival Cove is central Independance, just a small walk away from The Howl

Edited by Willow
  • Like 17

I will be there for sure.

Sad to hear that this will be your last one though :(

I'll try my hardest to be there this year, I can't wait!

Indeed a pity to see it being your last time, I hope it'll be grand :)

Woah, I gotta make my way out there on an alt. :) Was fun a few years back. :D

I'm actually tempted to come back to Freedom for a short while to visit this event, considering I hosted the 2009 Impalong and was at the Millennium Impalong too.

Edited by Ols

I'll be there :) Put me down for iron and what ever smithing/carpentry I can help with.

Edited by Pingpong

I'll be there, sad to hear that it'll be the last though!!

Willow, I recommend that you get in touch with Wossoo (PR Manager) and speak to him about publicising the event. In theory, this will be the first community event after the v1 release, and so it wouldn't be bad to get loads of people going!

Sorry to hear you're going into Impalong retirement. Sounds like it's going to be a big blast, can't wait for it to get started.

edit: tiepo

Edited by Gumbo

Sorry, what on earth is an "Impalong" can you please explain :unsure:

A festival where you can let some of your items be imped to very high lvls by many skilled players.

A festival where you can do all sorts of games/competitions and win great prizes.

Simply a place to have lots of fun and meet fellow wurmians :)

Sorry, what on earth is an "Impalong" can you please explain :unsure:

A player-organized festival/social gathering where the main activity is imping each others items free of charge. Impalongs can occur sporadically but the biggest one is typically the Xmas-New-years impalong that has been arranged annually for several years now. The last few Xmas impalongs has taken place at Festival Cove on Freedom, but it has been arranged previously at other towns on older servers. It's a great place to get together and meet friends and strangers and possibly score some nice items.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

i'll be there

99+ carp

97 fine carp

96 bsing

and if needed for mats 98 woodcutting and 97 mining

plus a quite a few skills ranging in the 50's to 70's if theres no one higher to do em

I'll be there as well again, standing in Zivirt's shadow unless the carpentry house is given a nice quality 3 stool again!

Carp 96+

Fine Carp 70+

Leatherworking 70+

Jewelsmithing 70+

Just shove me into the building where I'd be the most help.

We can also donate horses, ore or arrive in advance to help with whatever prep work is needed.

Someone please knock Raycg out before impalong and don't wake him up until afterwards.

I'm sad to hear that this will be your last. I can only imagine the time and effort you put into this to have it run so smoothly. It's a huge task and your experience over the years has led to it's perfection.

Not sure if ill be able to play between christmas and new year, but if so i will assist with some leather works.

I should try and be there as well. I haven't attended one Wurm event yet and have been playing for many years. I really want to see this.

i will be there too, trying to grind some things to help out lots if not bringing stoneangel for anyone casting ( battery)