Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Timer, Invulnerability And Epic Mission Changes

• The recent Wind of Ages change was reverted and modified so that low stamina has the same effect as it used to. However, the effect of WoA has increased now and should match peoples expectations better.
  • Removed logon invulnerability outside own deeds on pvp servers since its alt abusability exceeds the rare benefits
  • Fixed the bug where finished Epic missions weren’t registered on the login server. Also balanced the power of the deities.
  • Fixed a bug where the Karma option on body didn’t appear.
  • Signatures no longer reset under 20ql.
  • Creature movement is more smooth in the unstable client.
  • Unfinished altars no longer require ‘unknown’ bowls.
  • Casting Bless and Nolocate should give error messages if it’s not possible.

View the full article
  • Like 1

Creature movement is more smooth in the unstable client.

I logged on to find a horse on my deed, slowly gliding along the ground, and I wasn't able to get a rope to lead him back to his pen. I wonder if it's just me or is anyone else has any issues like that.

It's a purely visual bug, nothing is actually escaping.

• Like 1

May be a visual bug but one thats highly irritating when trying to pull a cart and tow horses and suddenly they moonwalk off in the other direction. let me know when this is fixed and i will play again. Unfortunately just then my patience wore too thin :(

These horses may be revolting from their bondage by using this gliding tactic. My suggestion would be to treat them with more kindness so that they will not feel they are being abused as mere workhorses. Their failed attempt at creating a union is rumored to be the trigger for this "last straw" attempt as a protest for the lack of flavor of their grain foods. To avoid this problem I always let my horses graze on vegtable crops, in particular corn which they find to be quite delicious; thus they never say neigh at my attempts to lead them off to various tasks and adventures.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

• Fixed a bug where the Karma option on body didn’t appear

It still doesnt appear for me...

Thank you Rolf and Dev's, keep up the great work. Very happy to see solid progress on some annoying bugs.

Fixed the bug where finished Epic missions weren’t registered on the login server. Also balanced the power of the deities.

Finally!

Editing this post instead of double post; the smooth animations seems.... less smooth? I drag a horse, and when I stop moving it moves smoothly until it "locks" in place stopping. It was smoother before that :/

Edited by MrGARY

Can I ask exactly what does karma do?.. Did anyone ever fully explain it?

Basically karma can be exchanged against effects like those you can buy at a trader, some effects are similar some are different. You mostly get karma for doing PvP. Small amounts can be found in the land too.

Stable client shouldn't have this issue

Unfortunately i went to download stable before i gave up... and it wouldnt download. so i just left it. after some sleep maybe i will be more patient, lets see :) btw.... you are all doing great work and i appreciate the changes that are being made and those that are being worked on now :)

Oddly enough, since the last couple of updates to unstable today my toolbar items aren't being displayed. Just a rather annoying "2" in every slot. I always thought a graphical setting controlled whether icons were rendered or not on the toolbelt and if that's the case, has it changed in any way? And if it is a setting - anyone know off the top of their head what that would be?

Oddly enough, since the last couple of updates to unstable today my toolbar items aren't being displayed. Just a rather annoying "2" in every slot. I always thought a graphical setting controlled whether icons were rendered or not on the toolbelt and if that's the case, has it changed in any way? And if it is a setting - anyone know off the top of their head what that would be?

This info is saved in the file named "playerdata.txt" in your Wurm directory, in the folder named after your character. The setup of the file may have changed with one of the recent updates, or the update may have accidentally cleared the saved values. Either way, you should be able to click and drag tools to your toolbelt and save them going forward.

• Like 1

I had the same issue

This info is saved in the file named "playerdata.txt" in your Wurm directory, in the folder named after your character. The setup of the file may have changed with one of the recent updates, or the update may have accidentally cleared the saved values. Either way, you should be able to click and drag tools to your toolbelt and save them going forward.

It is now saved to playerdata.txt. It was in the config file before which is shared between alts. Each alt now saves its toolbelt setting properly.

• Like 1

It is now saved to playerdata.txt. It was in the config file before which is shared between alts. Each alt now saves its toolbelt setting properly.

this is the best news I have heard in a LONG time. I had literally quit using my toolbelt because of that.

This is really brilliant.

Any chance of also doing this for key bindings?

This is really brilliant.

Any chance of also doing this for key bindings?

I am working on improving what goes in the profile folder or the player folder. It will become configurable as to where this is load data from in the case of tool belt, custom timers, key binds and auto run.

• Like 1

You know, tops would be if you can make it so that there is always a global file and players files that define whether a setting should use the global value, or overwrite it with a custom one.

Sign in to follow this