Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Monday Update

If you disagree with this or that, but if you disagree with what 'seems like EVERY post' the developer (singular) puts out there .... then yes you ARE a forum troll.

I hate the form TROLL, and at the end of the day it comes down to a person who has so little going on in their personal life that they feel the need to act like a child online where you can be or not be anything you like. It reminds me of a child in the back seat of the car asking "Are we there yet?".

Yes to appease your TROLL status, I do find it irritating, but any three year old has the ability to be irritating. What stuns me is you find this gives you some kind of status. If you intend to be constructive, then be so, what i plainly see (and others) is that he intends to beat down the man (singular) that created and works on the game you enjoy playing. Like or not what he does, like his game then give positive feedback, or see the game gone for good. I like this game and enjoy playing it, so if I was not happy about something then at least it would be balanced. Shout at Rolf EVERY time he posts and then see his game gone for good.

So online Trolls sod off being a child, and leave my man Rolf alone for I enjoy this game and because he makes a spelling mistake, or some form of grammer mistake .... I will not sit by while you give him a hard time and end up seeing the end of a game that I really enjoy playing.

Posting does not make someone a troll. The notion that I disagree with EVERY post is just plain rude and ignorant. I am just posting an opinion, same as you and everyone else. I am a devoted Wurm player that tries to be courteous and a worthy contributor to the game and am thankful for Rolf's hard work.

That is why I blog about Wurm with Surviverman to the tune of 18,000+ page views.

That is why I promote Wurm in forums on other wesbsites.

That is why I encourage a Christmas gift to Rolf every year.

That is why I play, and am helpful to every single player that has ever run into me in the game.

wow, now I am defending myself as if I am guilty.... see what happens?

Look, if you don't agree with me, I won't lose a wink of sleep over it, and neither should you.

Want to know what a troll is? It's someone who reads someone else's opinion and then blasts them for making it instead of posting a polite counter-opinion. That's a troll.

I am sorry my comments have hi-jacked this thread. That wasn't my intention at all. To Rolf and the devs, my apologies. To my detractors, take some time to know someone before you label them.

This is a sandbox game and peoples opinions get heated at times as they try to get the features that they want. I can see both sides of the coin on the lamp issue and think Rolf made a good compromise. I think we all have seemed bullheaded at one time or another but at the end of the day it it just our love for the game that drives us to these moments.

Good work from the staff on this one. :)

• Like 1

Well said Kegan!

I agree it was not the oil barrel that was at fault, but the exclusivity of using olive oil on it. If tar was used (also no mandatory templars), it would be a nice prop with a use. But instead i do believe that Rolf's solution is way preferable, i mean 50 tiles around deeds is a huge area, most deeds have less than 100 tiles between 2 of them, meaning it will be possible to keep off-deed lamps on roads lit. Too bad it apparently requires a guard.

I for one applaud Rolf for making this change with the lamps. I disagree with Eyesgood that its an enjoyable feature to manually collect oil, but I understand his point.

For me, the auto on deed lights are a massive plus because it makes Wurm more appealing across the board, noob villages, major settlements, harbours and the like always well lit and I think this out weighs any frankly dubious enjoyment in Olive Farming.

The fact that the Olive Barrel solution now works for off deed I think is an excellent compromise agreement as you are never going to get universal agreement one way or the other.

Great work Rolf and team, a huge +1 from me

Edited by Pryath

What's happening with the door locks do we have to replace them ourselves or will it be fixed...?

What's happening with the door locks do we have to replace them ourselves or will it be fixed...?

A fix was done Monday, if you still have missing locks I suggest you replace them while there is orange text protection from being robbed.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Fantastic now we can use the oil keep the lamps outside our deed (the inn across the street) and even for those who have scenic routes with lamps :D this is great we keep the oil function with the templar but if we cant get oil we arent sitting in the dark at home :D we just lose the lights outside the deed

Sign in to follow this