Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Testing A Stone Building

Thirdly, the wall type of the wall above seems to determine whether the wall can be passed or not. If you plan a wall or window above your front door, there's no way to enter the house.

You've worked QA before lol

They said we could build them.. not leave them...

Cant tell if a floor can be left out on some tiles with the finished house.

I have been playing about with massive 2 story houses, awsome work guys.

One question though... The house sees to have a 75 wall limit, is that long term or just for now...

Also seems a slight bug where when you build the 76th wall the bottom story becomes the wall your making and the upper one stays as the floor plan.

Aso if you make windows above doors it renders the door un-usable, a little work to go and can't wait for the next update.

I have been playing about with massive 2 story houses, awsome work guys.

One question though... The house sees to have a 75 wall limit, is that long term or just for now...

Also seems a slight bug where when you build the 76th wall the bottom story becomes the wall your making and the upper one stays as the floor plan.

Aso if you make windows above doors it renders the door un-usable, a little work to go and can't wait for the next update.

I guess this is on the test server then?

Of course, we've had the code on the Test server for a while now. If you wanna join in you'll need to rummage on rock to make tools or request them from a dev.

Some people tend to dump tools on Castle Testalot, when they are done testing. Should check it out, might get lucky.

Then again, with effective skill 90 it's not really difficult to make some.

Edited by Keldun

Yeah, apparently I'm close to Castle Testalot now and I'd be happy to make tools for anyone who can find me.

stories : 6

SIX

WOW.

YES.

Skyscrapers EVERYWHERE. so winning.

Some people seem to want The Sims: Wurm Online edition lol. 6 levels seems great, just seeing that working ingame for now would be amazing. Tall stone walls will probably become obsolete and proper castles almost become a reality. 8)

• Like 1

The Sims had or perhaps still has a 5 floor limit. What people want is something like minecraft. 5 or 6 is enough to make a castle and I wouldn't complain if the devs stuck with it

A furniture-type wooden staircase in the size of food bin, where right click menu gives me option to go to another floor -would suit me fine.

I wish there would be half tiles for balconies. :P

Half tiles, no. But half walls in the arched wall style would be an idea. ;) Just draw the bottom 1/3 of wall instead of the top 1/3 and voila.

A couple questions of my own...

1. A loft with arched walls will allow you to shoot arrows from and to? That would bring a whole new depth in house /fort defences.

2. Will the 2nd floor (etc) follow the logic of horizon tiles, leaving the possibility to terraform the land to make another entrance directly to the upper floor(s)? If that is doable, could we have a bridge-tile of planks that can reach elevated ground and/or adjacent building?

3. Will it be possible to build only 1 tile (the staircase tile) on top floor and use the rest of tiles as deck without roof? I mean, can we leave unbuilt tiles or if it's 2x2 tile house -it will be all the way up?

4. Will guard towers be affected by this at all? Will their ramps be now usable?

Hopefully it will not allow doors on any floors above the ground floor unless steps from outside/balconies will be added!

Dunno why people are all saying 6 is the max floors, It was said on the facebook page (and blog iirc) that 3-4 floors would be the max. I'm sure peeps 6+ is only working for testing atm.

If yall want freakin skyscrapers go play minecraft. Wurm should NOT be reduced to enemies building max height towers to see in and archer you forcing you to build even higher then that... that's just stupid and silly. /flameon

That door on the first floor is also interesting, are there any plans to make it possible to connect a bridge between that door and a same height piece of land (or to a door of another house that's on the same height) some tiles away? It would be really interesting if bridges between houses like that would be possible too in the future.

This can be planned into the house itself using arches, but will make it require more skill, since its extra walls...

You know what would be really nice is if we could place a placeholder floor plan on a tile that has no slope restriction. It would allow overhaning upper floors for building against steep slopes. If it sloped up, you would have the option to wall it in. Then you could build a building against a really steep slope like a dirt wall with the building one one level, fences or stone walls on the other level and the placeholder house section filling in the slope tile to close off the gap.

Back east it is common to see houses where you enter the front at ground level, go up or down steep stairs and out the back at ground level. Even here in Tucson we have a mall and a hosptal that have doors at ground level on different floors.

Dunno why people are all saying 6 is the max floors, It was said on the facebook page (and blog iirc) that 3-4 floors would be the max. I'm sure peeps 6+ is only working for testing atm.

If yall want freakin skyscrapers go play minecraft. Wurm should NOT be reduced to enemies building max height towers to see in and archer you forcing you to build even higher then that... that's just stupid and silly. /flameon

Can't you remove them by force on a pvp server?

What would happen if you build a 6 story building and bash the walls on the bottom floor, or any floor, would the house look like its floating in the air. We used to do this in the Sims. :)

Somewhere on Zculs twitter is a pic with floating floors and no walls, so yes it seems that way at the moment,.

A possible solution: if the bottom floors are forcibly bashed in (or enough of them are), the top floors crumble to the ground. To keep too much work from being lost, perhaps have building materials be salvageable from the ruins?

• Like 1

What would happen if you build a 6 story building and bash the walls on the bottom floor, or any floor, would the house look like its floating in the air. We used to do this in the Sims. :)

While you planning house, you have empty framework. After framework is finished, you can add walls/windows/doors. You can left some walls not filled, but such house is considered unfinished. You can't add inner walls there and you can't sleep in such house. I expect, mutlistore house will have the same rules.

Been curious about the building conversion updates. Does this mean we will be able to build additional stories without having to destroy pre-existing buildings? Once multistory is live of course.

Edited by Klaa

I'm going to go ahead and assume catapulting will work where every wall on the tile that is being catapulted will be damaged, no matter the height?

I'm going to go ahead and assume catapulting will work where every wall on the tile that is being catapulted will be damaged, no matter the height?

In that case, maybe reduce dmg, 3 floors, = 1/3 of the regular dmg, devide the dmg on all 3 walls

Edited by Sharkin

the frame would proly be there like it is now when unfinished. It would look like it was on stilts.

Sign in to follow this