Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Testing A Stone Building

In that case, maybe reduce dmg, 3 floors, = 1/3 of the regular dmg, devide the dmg on all 3 walls

It doesn't do that now when you're catapulting a house that has multiple walls on the same tile why should it do it with a multistory building?

To be honest multistory buildings, at least the bottom floors, should take MORE damage (not a whole lot, but enough to be noticable). Not just from catapults but from decay and bashing too. In the middle ages, when Wurm is, multi-story buildings were not as strong as they are today. We're using basic mortar and stone bricking.

Do we know yet how much space is needed for stairs? As in how much space we need at top of stairs to get around the top of them on the second floor and not walk back down. I would think we need a tile left or right of stairs unless stairs work on half a tile then it could go in a 1 tile wide tower. And how much space in front of stairs, at the top and bottom of them. I'm trying to plan out future structures now as to not have to rebuild them next yr when we get multi story I suspect a 2x2 would be min, but who knows, I know I don't yet.

Edited by Redrum

How about:

You can't finish a wall that is over an unfinished wall.

AND

You can't bash a wall that is under a finished wall ?

That would be some very welcome realism.

You can't bash a wall that is under a finished wall ?

That would be some very welcome realism.

Castle Black!

Wait. Wrong world.

The funny thing is I was thinking of Castle Black :P

Question is, where you thinking of the same Castle Black? The name is not that uncommon, although the one I'm thinking about doesn't fly.

For sure, but we don't have any clue, what kind: straight, 90°, 180°, or whether you will climb them, or teleport.

I know of only one Castle Black that floats in the air. One of my favorite series.

(I'm a sucker for swords and sorcery with smartass heroes. Steven Brust and Jim Butcher are fun reads)

I know of only one Castle Black that floats in the air. One of my favorite series.

(I'm a sucker for swords and sorcery with smartass heroes. Steven Brust and Jim Butcher are fun reads)

I used to rent a room from Brust in Vegas from 03 to 07. Cool guy.

Will we be able to assign unique usage to each room? Such as, Dave gets access to room 1, Steve, room 2. Etc...

• Like 1

Not sure if several floors fit the game that well. I imagine it looking absolutely ridiculous with off-deed houses with 4 floors.

If it's put into the game it should be limited so that you must have a certain deed size to gain access to a certain amount of floor levels. If everyone and his aunt starts building 4 level houses the game will be visually ruined. Wurm has a certain feel to it of wilderness survival that cannot be obtained if every 10x10 deed have tons of hotel looking buildings.

I don't think an occasional offdeed tall stone building will look that out of place. It could pass easily as a reclusive monastery, a remote warehouse, or an out of the way roadhouse. Not having any other buildings in the area will not make it look "ridiculous". A 4-story stone building is a lot of effort, stone houses are not even possible for F2P and the materials for one can be rather pricey and usually worth quite a number of silver if sold in the marketplace, so if one is built offdeed at all, I expect it is a building with a purpose and not a random impulse.

stone_ruins_02.jpg

Anyway, probably looks much less odd than coming across a bare 18x18 stone pavement littered with beds. Which I have seen countless times in my travels and DOES look much more odd and out of place. Speaking as an OCD forest hippie (I sometimes go out and dig up old ruined villages and bust up old roads just so I can replant the area in heavy forest again), I think even a very concentrated collection of tall stone buildings like below is more likely to add an interesting contrast to the game, no longer will all places look so much alike:

stone_ruins_03.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Time to start to prepare my eyes to see wierd things in WURM.

Thanks wierd minded players, for contributing so much for the wurm wide design.

It shall be a wretched hive of scum and villiany :lol:

The house looks great :D Keep up the work and maybe we get to see it in the 1.0 update? :DDDD

Sign in to follow this