Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Testing A Stone Building

Looks fantastic. I hope the skill requirements for the stories aren't too high. This will save a lot of land.

I will build so many crazy things when this comes out.

six stories high that seems extreme to me three would have been fine..IMO

new kind of griefing, block your neighbours view with skyscrapers :P

Looks great.

looks good, that height also seems pretty reasonable as long as bigger buildings can't be that tall.

That door on the first floor is also interesting, are there any plans to make it possible to connect a bridge between that door and a same height piece of land (or to a door of another house that's on the same height) some tiles away? It would be really interesting if bridges between houses like that would be possible too in the future.

beautiful, *wonders if it will be possible to dive from top floor*

I can't help but notice that the one part I am most curious about is missing - the stairs. Really want to see how these are going to work within the current game mechanics! But really seeing these pics is awesome :)

• Like 2

I can't help but notice that the one part I am most curious about is missing - the stairs. Really want to see how these are going to work within the current game mechanics! But really seeing these pics is awesome :)

Trick is they won't work in current mechanics. That's whats making this take so much effort and time. They have to work on improving the collision engine.

Also stairs do exist in test server but have no model or collision yet so are all but useless.

Edited by Brigander

So this is already active on the test server?

Looking good! Please don't' listen to the naysayers who seem to think we need to limit the creative potential of multistory. I'm very curious about how we will get to these other levels - stairs, ladders, ramps(drive large cart)...eh patience.

Looking good! Please don't' listen to the naysayers who seem to think we need to limit the creative potential of multistory. I'm very curious about how we will get to these other levels - stairs, ladders, ramps(drive large cart)...eh patience.

My thought exactly. The only limit(s) should be the sky and your skill... but knowing Rolf I'm pretty sure he'll show us our borders :)

Wow nice, I didn't think it were going to be that high.

UZY20000000099-18.jpg

Need outside staircases leading up, perhaps a new building type?

Edited by Suntzu

I wish there would be half tiles for balconies. :P

Is there a plan to include options for triangular walls and ramps?

That way we could connect upper stories with the ground and build proper roofs with attics.

Building my house on test now, do we have basements? I'm getting the option to plan one.

Noticed three bugs so far:

Firstly, shadows on the floor tiles are messed up.

Secondly, if I have a wall planned above an existing wall and I change the wall below, finishing the wall below will finish both walls as the same type, meaning I've saved 50% of the materials. Just did it on a second wall and made sure I planned on the wall above, still killed the wall below. I think it may be related to north walls, maybe east walls as I haven't worked on any east walls yet.

Thirdly, the wall type of the wall above seems to determine whether the wall can be passed or not. If you plan a wall or window above your front door, there's no way to enter the house.

Edited by Ols

Sign in to follow this