Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wurm 1.0 Internal Deadline Set

After almost ten years of development we have set our first deadline ever! The 6th of December marks the point when the features of Wurm 1.0 has to be coded and ready for release. It’s an internal deadline and the real release comes some time after that. The reason we set this deadline now is that it’s an important and achievable goal.

With Wurm 1.0 comes multi storey buildings and the new character models that have customizable face features, visible armour and proper bone structure. The game will still be far from finished but it will have a nice (huge) set of features which all come together in a very strong way.

There will be quite a lot of polishing and bug fixes in other areas going on as well up until then but I won’t go into details there. There’s so much to do and the multi storey and character stuff really are the two most interesting new features.

I’ve added some screenshots in previous posts. As you can see we use the normal house wall structure for this but you’ll also be able to add fences and normal walls, creating various sorts of balconies and ledges. This system will also be used when building bridges somehow, but it’s optional for the Wurm 1.0 release and will only be included if we find development time.

If you’ve never played Wurm Online, it’s a no-instances, one-world, skillbased, player driven economy sandbox MMO providing a strong end game. A large part of our philosophy is to focus on releasing your creativity, then taking care of your investment in time and money. We do this by letting you do things like making unique items and structures, shape the world and keep those changes alive as long as possible.

Just register, click “Play!” and join in!

View the full article
  • Like 19

An ambitious goal, but a do-able one. I look forward to 1.0, as many are. The multistory seems to be coming along nicely. Any chance of seeing some of the new character models and such?

This is great news, ot just for the development team who have worked hard in the last 2 years or so to bring this about, but to all the players and the community in general.

• Like 1

"providing a strong end game."

Wurm has never had an "end game"

• Like 1

Yeah not sure what the end-game part was, wasn't the whole point of Wurm is that it doesn't have an ending?

So now to solve the problem of the lack of players on Elevation, have any solutions Rolf?

Edited by conloch

Sounds good. Nice to know a date has been set or some seriously long awaited features.

Edited by Ruger

I'd honestly rather you fix the bugs/lag - while waiting a bit longer on the release of multi-story buildings.

Cool new features are nice, only when you can play a fun and non frustrating game.

• Like 1

I'd honestly rather you fix the bugs/lag - while waiting a bit longer on the release of multi-story buildings.

I guess you missed this quote by Rolf in another recent post:

I plan on going into bug fixing mode for a week or so and this will hopefully be addressed then.

It doesn't take 10 dev's to change a light bulb.

I really like the idea of being able to use fences/walls in structure designs. Especially for the use of making railings in open archways as a porch on 2nd floor or a high ledge.

This is all FANTASTIC news!!

Once the multistory goes in, with all the options for balconies etc, we should have a community contest for "most creative use of the new construction options" and a screenshot thread for people to show off what interesting ways they used the new building options. Maybe they can include a few construction options for things like: bay windows, stucco paint, roof pitch options, a couple new contruction materials.... Maybe Rolf can even give one month premium time for the grand prize \o/ [hint hint hint]

Who knows maybe one day soon a typical Wurm village will look like this (image via google):

village.gif

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Will we get some sort of a title when this hits for playing before wurm 1.0?

• Like 1

Awesome to hear this, I can't wait for the new characters.

This is awesome to hear!! :D All of these changes will make Wurm much better and bring in more players.

With Wurm 1.0 comes multi storey buildings and the new character models that have customizable face features, visible armour and proper bone structure.
Edited by Protunia

So...your internal deadline...is my birthday.

Thank you for this present ahead of time.

• Like 2

thank you ;) I hope this really works out for your team and I agree with others here: wurm has and dont need an end game content, because it does not have an end as it only lives from the stories players are weaving in this world (I btw would love little books to publish ingame and sell to other players with the new papyrus thing :D)

and it lives from those ideas player are making :D and thats why I love this game, it's slow paced, yes, but the world lives far more and feels better than any other game I experienced (specially sandbox games) and I love it's different approach with it's first person view only and the "you need to work to achieve something" mentality, cause thats something most games are missing today, cause of dumbed down for 6 year olds (and I'm pretty sure some 6 year olds would even feel offended by that)

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks for the update.....(pencils in some mid December vacation!)

Will you need to be prem to build multi storey?

I should just add that this is an internal deadline, full release will be shortly after that date.

Will we get some sort of a title when this hits for playing before wurm 1.0?

Sort of like how the oldtimers got the "Ageless" (i think) title for playing the beta?

Sort of like how the oldtimers got the "Ageless" (i think) title for playing the beta?

Yeah

Sign in to follow this