Sign in to follow this  
pcmattman

Digging For A Mine

Hi all,

I'm in the northwest of Independence - west of Samling (and northeast of the big peat deposits in that area).

I currently have a hole that's about 120 dirts deep, and I've gotten to the point where my digging skill has basically made it impossible to continue. The level of rock is fairly well unknown so for all I know I could be a few dirts from rock, or I could be another 200 dirts...

What are my options here? I'd be happy to pay someone 1-2 s to dig and open a mine (once a mine is open, I can tunnel it out and prospect for ore) or alternatively would greatly appreciate some tips. At the point now where having a local mine is proving to be more and more necessary so I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

Thanks in advance :D

I love you for your insane courage in the face of all that dirt!

wish I could advise, but I have a similar problem - so will be watching this thread

dig the tiles around the hole to make the slope less steep, then continue digging down in the hole. Keep doing this until you find rock but be careful not to fall down when digging around the top.

There are enough skilled player around,who you could help you. The majority of those player will not even charge anything. Just ask around and be polite. If you would like to do it yourself, just dig the slopes on the tiles next to the slope you cant modify, however more work but you need the skill anyways for further Projects.

PS: I was blesses to have a lvl 99 Digger to finish my mine on inde(ty Ecrir), slope was above 280.

Hi all,

I'll probably end up asking in chat for some help when I have a bit more than one or two hours to hang around (just wanted to get an idea as to if it might be possible). The 1-2 s is as much because it's quite a long trek to my deed as it is for the actual digging task itself.

For reference, here's what I have right now: http://i.imgur.com/Pd0qb.jpg. You can see that there's already a problem in that the location of the fences aren't so great. An alternative here is to fill in that hole and dig a new one - I feel a bit like a site manager on a construction site at the moment :)

Its hard to tell from the screenshot, but it looks like there might have been some previous flatraising on that area. In that case it would be a decidely bad choice for a mine entrance.

There does not seem to be any fences on the other side, so you could lower that side some more.

Best bet is to keep that hole and get someone to dig it for you. Too much aggrovation to have to re-fill it and re-dig another x)

keldun may be right, just remind that you can only dig 300slopes at 100skill

Thanks for the ideas - really appreciate it :)

Another alternative might be to get a Mag priest to use Mole senses so I can get an idea of how far we have to dig yet. For all I know, I could be one or two dirts from beginning to expose a rock face, or I could be another 100 dirts.

I posted the location of my deed in the Independence map thread a couple days ago, in case anyone is particularly interested in seeing where I am. If you can offer your skills, please PM me or find me in-game so I can set up an ideal time to get this happening.

Thanks again :D

If I remember it correctly the dirt layer on Indy is about 120 dirts deep... so I bet you're near the rock.

I heard from older players that the dirt layer on Indi is pretty thick can easily be 300 and when someone did indeed raise that area you might even be looking for a pit 400-500 deep.

edit: tekari might be right too though.

Edited by Keldun

I remember also digging down in the hope of finding rock on my deed. I dug down somewhere in the region of 240-280 deep in the centre over a couple of 3x3 areas but sadly just ended up hitting water instead.

How high up are you from sea level? might be worth finding a mag priest to at least check there is rock to find.

I was thinking the same thing Tinkerer. Seen too many dig down to rock in my area, only to open the mine and find the entrance full of water. They had dug down to sea level and did not realize it

There's a mine down the road from my location that is just under 200 dirt deep. I'm at a higher elevation than that mine, so it looks like there's plenty more digging to be done.

If I remember it correctly the dirt layer on Indy is about 120 dirts deep... so I bet you're near the rock.

It's not even coverage wherever there is dirt, ranges from shallow to several hundred deep on Inde.

I was going to suggest the Mole Senses Mag spell as an option - horrendous though the favour cost is.