Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wurmpedia Problems

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in getting information out about this developing issue which has been difficult to resolve quickly as Rolf is physically unable to access the internet.

We have been told by our web host that www.wurmpedia.com was using too much CPU of the shared server so they have stopped the Wurmpedia being available.

Currently we are in the process of moving our host server and good progress has been made on that. Most of the switch has been done but there are some access restrictions which Rolf needs to look at.

He should be able to look at the problem tomorrow (Saturday 28th July) but does not regain full and proper internet access until the 29-30th.

The Wurmpedia will return then, and the client will be updated so that it can be accessed from the game.

A possible work-around to access the Wurmpedia while it is down can be found on Darkren’s forum post (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/64796-using-the-wiki-during-downtime/).

If anything changes I will try to let you know ASAP.

Wossoo (Poseidon@wurmonline.com)

View the full article

Hrm so is this a Hindu deal where each god is actually an aspect of a single god? Rolf switches to a Wossoo face for certain occasions. The Eir aspect arises for other situations. The Horton comes forth and so on.... (scary thought)

Ah well kidding aside, Wiki seems to be working fine for me. I even had to look up some of the older entries.

ahem.. the Dev Blog is auto-linked to this forum board and Wossoo is the PR manager with access to that blog - hence it is posted here as if Rolf posted.

Are you aware now that Wurmpedia asks users to enter a username and password?

Is this amateur hour or what?

Sign in to follow this