Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Lag Gone!

Yup you heard me - the lag that’s been harassing the servers was annihilated during yesterdays update.

We’ve received notice about some upcoming downtime for our web server on the 1st of August.

In  case you wish to play during this downtime you should start the client before and log on the game servers, which are not affected:

The start of operations at our innovative and energy-efficient
data center park in Nuremberg necessitate a restructuring of
our infrastructure.

This will enable us to continue to provide you with a reliable
and high-performance management of your servers and accounts.

We are therefore planning to move servers from their current
location in Falkenstein to our newly commissioned data center
park in Nuremberg during the night of 01.08.2012 to 02.08.2012.

This means these services will not be available from 10.30 pm
to approx. 7.30 am (max).

So as to prevent the loss of any data and to minimize the
write/read access to the hard disk drive, the network will be
disconnected from 10.15 pm onwards.

As soon as normal operations have resumed at the new location,
all servers will be checked for functionality.

View the full article
  • Like 1

Excellent news on both the resolution of the lag and the move of the servers, i guess things are starting to ramp up for version 1.0 :)

Cool, Just hope this is not related to my unplayable lag situation that also started today.

• Like 1

Thank you for the heads up, Can't stress enough that a pre warning was a very good idea. Thank you for working to get issues fixed :)

Lag Gone! ? ? ?

Wurmonline appears to be gone from my perspective, main web page won't display and client won't load!

Network timeouts were just an annoyance for the last few days, now become my total wurm experience.

This is steadily going down the road toward a complete waste of time instead of an unenjoyable distraction!

Yeah, have been unable to access wurmonline.com for almost an hour now.

Traceroute stops at address hos-bb1.juniper3.rz12.hetzner.de [213.239.240.250]

Still lots of lag when embarking, which was the main problem before. Never had any lag outside of that, and I don't think most others in my area did either.

Still lots of lag when embarking, which was the main problem before. Never had any lag outside of that, and I don't think most others in my area did either.

Aye, embarking and logging on lag is horrible for me.

Good news about the lag!! And I hope the server change goes smoothly for the web servers. Out of interest, how do the web servers afftect logging on? I thought the login server lived with the game servers

lags still here only in another form. 7 dc's and over 15 lag spikes counted today. Indeed my scavenging hunt turned to the worst when the game laged, then i dc'd while fighting 2 spiders! (i survived luckaly)..lol

• Like 1

Wierd... I never had much lag to begin with... Only on sunday before last, i think...

Maybe its a ISP thing, or a specific node that services your areas?

Yes, there are still some big lag issues for varying reasons.

What Rolf is talking about here was that massive constant lags issue that was crippling the whole server recently. That is gone.

Which can be seen here:
/>http://freedom002.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/lag.html

Constantly lagging for me last night on Exodus, kept getting the "refreshing" menu

No lag what so ever on epic.

there is ALOT lag on epic, mostly notable when you pick up many items and embark horse.

Constantly lagging for me last night on Exodus, kept getting the "refreshing" menu

This was the case, but if felt different, not the constant server lag, mostly on doors and when mounting, but mounting delay has been very strange lately.

lag was awful last night on Elevation. Trying to follow people while riding around was near impossible because everyone would stop for up to several minutes at a time and then warp past at light speed. refresh lag was outrageous.

I managed to get the menu to load and chose to attack a guy who wasnt moving for several minutes only to have him grunt 5 times and die in an instant about 3 minutes after I attacked him.

Sounds like connection issues (ISP maybe? or a node between your ISP and Wurm?) instead of server issues. Try doing some traceroutes when you get that lag

Sign in to follow this