Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Blog Reinstated!

Thank you Tumblr for reactivating this blog. Will I ever know why it was deactivated? Who cares?

I posted this in our forums today and I may as well repost it here:

I’m going on vacation now and server development will be slower until I’m back except for important bugfixes and tweaks and the random code attack on lag.

We’re turning up the steam heat with todays update:

• Hedges! There are 7 types of hedges available to plant. They grow slowly in two steps to full height. They all look the same until the graphics guys create the different models. Wild Growth works on deeds where you’re allowed to chop old trees.
  • Conquering towers! You may now conquer remote enemy guard towers on Elevation. By remote I mean towers that can be conquered without interfering with village kingdom. This will reinstate kingdom expansion.
  • War targets! There are certain war targets such as fortifications and battle camps that can be conquered in order to expand your kingdom as well. These use tower models for the time being.
  • * Changes to Chaos - non-premium alts were used to conquer pillars so only premiums can do that now. Another exploitability with non-allied alts prevented boats from being claimed so that changed as well.
  • Karma! You may run into “Source springs” and related artifacts on all servers. The Source is a pinkish salty liquid that is said to contain the essence of the future and an enigma even to the Deities. It has some uses mainly related to your new Karma factor but can apparently be used for certain creation. Positive Karma is beneficial and have some powerful uses. Use your body to access your Karma once you have a positive amount.
  • Global chat has been reenabled

Todays update should mark the end of the feature creep that’s been hounding development since the announcement that I was going to work on multi-storey buildings. That our website got hacked so that we had to restructure our hosting also slowed us down a lot of course. In any case, now the game contains the features I wanted to see before 1.0 except multi storey buildings so that’s what’s next. Me and Zcul may be able to meet up and do some coding on it during the summer as well. 

View the full article
  • Like 1

Theres a menu on ur body where you can choose various abilities. They require karma to spend for activating, the amount of karma you possess is shown in your spell effects window (I believe).

Theres a menu on ur body where you can choose various abilities. They require karma to spend for activating, the amount of karma you possess is shown in your spell effects window (I believe).

Yeah, i read the thread about it a bit later. Didn't find a Karma source anywhere yesterday, so no menu.

Sign in to follow this