Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Weapon Skill Changes

You said it. this "exploit" makes no sense to me, If one had asked me how one gains archery skill, "shooting your bow" would have been my first guess. I would have never thought that that is exactly how you are not supposed to do it.

Exploiting was almost a feature in wurm back on wild. Its sort of nice for it people to be being nerfed, But literally everytime he misses people who did it and nerfs other people too much or nerfs people who didnt do it at all

Better than no nerf at all, if it were me I'd half the BC and call them idiots for not having the patience and the decency to play the same Wurm that everyone else plays. I agree with Rolf's reasoning.

I'd think you'd want to train with village/allies before trying real combat... As a former military member and combat historian, this is a traditional way to gain enough training to not be out right slaughtered...even in todays world, while numbers can impact the outcome, training trends to be the deciding factor.

I will agree in a game balance is needed, so how about a limit like training dummies and archery targets have? Targets provide skill up to X, dueling/training up to Y, and hunting up to max?

Because let's face it, in training you only learn enough to get started, to master it, you need real experience.

I'd think you'd want to train with village/allies before trying real combat... As a former military member and combat historian, this is a traditional way to gain enough training to not be out right slaughtered...even in todays world, while numbers can impact the outcome, training trends to be the deciding factor.

I will agree in a game balance is needed, so how about a limit like training dummies and archery targets have? Targets provide skill up to X, dueling/training up to Y, and hunting up to max?

Because let's face it, in training you only learn enough to get started, to master it, you need real experience.

There's already something resembling that. Target dummies to 20, hunting to 70, pvp above 70.

The issue I have with this is that 20 fight skill is not even good enough to be considered a joke if an active PVPer comes calling.

Allowing people to train fight skill like priests can train faith would be ideal I think.

Up to 70 fight skill, you can gain fight skill from 5 sparring sessions per day, at least 20 minutes apart. Let that take you to 70 skill on the same curve as is currently used for faith.

If you want to accelerate the fight skill gain, after you do a few sparring matches with your fellow villagers, then go off into the woods and hunt for additional fight skill gain. Similar, I suppose, to preaching allowing extended faith gain.

Edited by Farmerbob

Sign in to follow this