Sign in to follow this  
Tenbar

I Am Not Losing Fat..not Starving

Hey Wurmians:

As my thread title suggests, for some reason I am not losing fat layers beyond "he has a normal build". I have fasted 6-8 times and still "he has a normal build". The starvation doesn't progress to "undernourished" like it should.

Can anyone please try duplicating this on an alt maybe? Yes I know it slows down skills, but maybe that's why the lack of fat loss was never noticed since everybody wants faster skills? :D

Thanks for checking this out and correcting if needed.

it takes a long time to get to skin and bones,im not sure this is a bug,the one guy i saw with skin and bones didnt eat for more than 3 days of gameplay(72 hours)

Edited by Nume

Do we lose a layer of fat (change descriptions) every time we fast down at 8% or so? Or do we have to fast many times before being "undernourished"?

many times,or several times i dont know how many

Edited by Nume

picommander:

There's no external reason for the experiment, really. I'm pretty new to Wurm (actually a returning player from 2 years ago). I was busy with other projects in game and didn't have time to bother with cooking. After a while I was noticing that I was fasting many times (6-8 times or more) without going below a "normal build" into "malnourished", so....it left me seriously wondering if it was a bug since it's pretty easy to gain fat layers...why would it take so long to lose fat layers (if it is losing at all)? So I was also posting in the interest of realism, etc. on top of a possible bug.

Edited by Tenbar

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I fasted like 10 times, after not eating anything at all for a long time, it went from "good reserve of fat" to "extremely nourished" hmmm

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Starvation

• only skin and bones
  • very thin
  • a bit under nourished
  • normal build
  • well defined
  • a bit round
  • extremely well nourished
  • good reserves of fat

To lose a fat layer it takes a looooong time. a few dozen or so of fasts. It doesnt lower on every one. Then it drops according to that quote from wiki.

Edited out the exageration :P But yeah it takes a while

Edited by theoldknight1701

I guess it's a bug somehow. It does as its stated in wiki - the fat layer is lowered when you are on low % of food bar for some time. So it doesn't make sense, because when you fast you gain your food bar back to high percentage. Thus - fasting only makes the process of "thinning" longer. The best way is to eat junk food and keep your bar at 10-20% without fasting.

Fasting should immediately lower your fat level!