Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Olive Yield Increased

With this update today olive yield has been increased for higher ages. And the previously mentioned oil barrel feature is coming live.

View the full article

+1 to raising the olive yield

This whole having to refill on deed lamps seems like a terrible idea tho. Please revert the on deed lamps to always being lit, this feature should be a bonus to those of us who actually pay for a deed. We really don't need more make-work...

I'm all for advantages to lighting things with oil instead of tar, something along the lines of:

1. Off deed lamps and lanterns stay lit 3x longer with olive oil than with tar
  2. On deed lamps filled with olive oil stay lit for as long as the deed stands
  3. On deed lamps filled with tar stay lit for 15 RL days

There's seriously no way that I could possibly find the time to harvest/make enough oil to fuel my deed lamps at the current consumption rate of 3-5 RL days... I guess if this wacky oil barrel idea ABSOLUTELY has to happen, alteast give us a decent period of lighting, 15 RL days filled with tar and 45 RL days if lit with oil...

• Like 11

+1 to raising the olive yield

This whole having to refill on deed lamps seems like a terrible idea tho. Please revert the on deed lamps to always being lit, this feature should be a bonus to those of us who actually pay for a deed. We really don't need more make-work...

I'm all for advantages to lighting things with oil instead of tar, something along the lines of:

1. Off deed lamps and lanterns stay lit 3x longer with olive oil than with tar
  2. On deed lamps filled with olive oil stay lit for as long as the deed stands
  3. On deed lamps filled with tar stay lit for 15 RL days

There's seriously no way that I could possibly find the time to harvest/make enough oil to fuel my deed lamps at the current consumption rate of 3-5 RL days... I guess if this wacky oil barrel idea ABSOLUTELY has to happen, alteast give us a decent period of lighting, 15 RL days filled with tar and 45 RL days if lit with oil...

I like this idea.

• Like 2

I like this idea.

+1 (yes I hit like button also)

QL of oil should affect the time a lamp stays lit. Low QL oil burns fast while high QL oil burns slow.

• Like 2

QL of oil should affect the time a lamp stays lit. Low QL oil burns fast while high QL oil burns slow.

Good idea. It might also be nice if lamps gave an estimated burn time when you examine them, so we're not all playing the guessing game on when our lamps will die out.

Edited by syncaidius

Good step towards the tomorrow of wurm, keep up the good work :)

Rolf, can you confirm if a 1s a month guard is required to use the oil barrel or if like wall maintaining, you dont actually need the guard hired to do so?

Rolf, can you confirm if a 1s a month guard is required to use the oil barrel or if like wall maintaining, you dont actually need the guard hired to do so?

Yes please confirm we don't need to buy a spirit guard.

Hrm the spirits are being obstinate. If only there was some way to appease them... perhaps some token made of metal?

It is really really frustrating that we are all expected to switch to olive oil!! There is a tar pit 10 tiles from my main house, which will become virtually useless now - because of a nerf, I will now have to plant a ton of olive trees just to be able to see the game and the deed that I pay for. Of course, one alternative is to not play Wurm Online at all. :)

Seriously, this is simply a pain in the backside - I really don't care if it was "supposed" to be like this, the game code is a full 9 years old; why start messing around with players as soon as Wurm starts to get some!?!

I understand that Wurm is supposed to be difficult; that's what I enjoy about it over other titles such as Minecraft. However, Wurm is a game - it should not endlessly frustrate you as if "playing" it is a chore.

I would like to say that "meeting halfway" on a problem like this would be ok. For example, we could have tar boxes - I don't mind spending an hour every month digging up enough tar to go around. But seriosuly, what will happen next - will we have to start leaving bricks and mortar lying around so that our on-deed houses don't decay?!

The point is that a deed is supposed to benefit a player. This nerf, along with its expectation that all players are willing to slave over olive oil, is pathetic.

I have never felt the need to have a serious rant at this game's devs before. However, this is just so frustrating... so Rolf; please may I enjoy your game?

(At least I asked nicely at the end...)

Yes please confirm we don't need to buy a spirit guard.

Confirmation Required

LOL

Sign in to follow this