Sign in to follow this  
axeblade346

Ne Canal - Open For All Boats

I would Just like to Notify all that the NE all Boats canal Project is being worked on.

The aim is to Make a Canal from 44x20y to 47x20y they With all Boats can Travel.

We where lucky to find the remains of a Semi-mined canal from when Deli started.

Update:

Open to all Boats

Cart level is open

Loading Transits are open (shafts between cart and main)

CanalJPG.jpg

Length of tunnel is ~90 tiles. There is a side shaft for carts and a Maintenance shafts. and there is connections to all 3 each 5 tiles.

Stage 1 = 100% DONE

Mine a a tunnel at sailboat level.

(Thanks Tayomi for your help mining it out)

Stage 2

Mine it to 5 Wide

(thanks Pinpong , Tayomi , Vigilant , Doriandrex (and your alts) , Taxton , Aleanda , Jesselyn + Others)

Stage 3 = done

Fix Both entrances to allow all Boats thru.

Thanks Vigilant for the Strongwall and Disintegrate Cast {&Dori for the Link} and TYVM Darthryan and Snakegal for finding and delivering a Sculpting Wand

Stage 4 = done

Mine the Roof to max height

Stage 5 (Only south row left to do)

Mine the Floor to max depth

Drowning might be a problem so be Carefull

Thanks again Tayomi

Stage 6 = Sort of done

Dredge the West side better.

Thanks again Tayomi

Side stages:

1. Maintanace shaft to cart area = Done + 2 iron veins

2. Cart shaft = Done + 1 lead

3. Lights in it. = Done - Going torch lamp as the flames looks cool - Thank you Taxton & Aetherwalker(replaced a few stolen ones)

4. Dye for the lights - Zivirit made us a 73ql yellow - [23:50:10] Dye, used to colour clothing and items with. Colors: R=128, G=126, B=27.

5. Signs to mark the canal - Thanks Zivirit

6. Supporting the walls - Thanks Losik for the beams

7. Getting it declared a Heritage sight. - 1st needs to be done.

Maintenance workers

As I am now Mag priest (Sincor) I can do disintegrate cast on the collapses and can mine it back the way it was.

We got a 50+digger for the tar (higher ql tar = light burn longer)

NOTES:

Donators (that exclude mining or discounting items)

Rudie

Yetian

Miners (those who mined more than 1 tile)

Sincor

Vigilant

Aetherwalker (lead)

Cita (lead)

Pingpong

Tayomi (She spend many a day in there)

Taxton

+ a few others.

Edited by axeblade346

A few seconds before the reopening of the West side. The actual tile ended up being 1 slope from Flat and the tile 1 west of it is Flat.

wurm201206132356.png

*forgot to add the image*

And the west exit from outside (note underwater surface Mining cant be done after the 8 deep so a Sculpting Wand needs to be used)

Westentrance.png

Canalexit.jpg

Edited by axeblade346

I plan to come down to deli in a few days, well .004 mining, I'll try and stop by :)

I'm more then happy to throw a freeb amd Mili at this again :P

I'll work on doing a mine forward tomorrow with a alt on the lap top.

Dredge, Hah! I need dirt!

-Tayomi

Edited by Ohana

I'm more then happy to throw a freeb amd Mili at this again :P

I'll work on doing a mine forward tomorrow with a alt on the lap top.

Dredge, Hah! I need dirt!

-Tayomi

Ok Thanks, Ill only be back in Wurm on Friday. (At my Brothers)

Nice work. :)

I'm mining an underground dock myself and I found the best way to solve the stamina problem (when mining in water), is to use a rowboat. Mine, mine, hop into the boat, regain stamina and back out. Maybe moor a few rowers along the tunnel and allow anyone to mount as passenger?

This is 4 wide now!

Ping is a machine. he was faster then my 3 miners combined.

I think there is 1 Iron and 3 Lead in the way still, plus one more tiles width to mine out. I will be able to work on it Thursday some more.

Just checked in there after RL kept me away from my PC for +- 5 days.

Pingpong , Vigilant and Tatomi's team ware Fast.

THANKS.

Now to get some Money to sculpt the East exit.

Sailed through this a few times yesterday in my sailboat, the west entrance is wonderful, kinda refreshing to not need to get out and drag to get a boat into a cave canal (e.g. Kinoss Bay Canal on Indy). Great work everyone!

this is especially true wehn you try to transport cargo, I for one can't drag a non empty cog.

Sincor, missed you!

There has been at least one cave in so far on the south wall. I mined out a tile there. Are we putting support beams up?

I'll drop Tayme back in the Canal today to plink away at that last tile run some more today.

Support beams will be put in once the roof and floor and support tunnel is done.

They are being Made atm.

I have a sale soon so I hope that ill be able to fix the east exit soon.

Okay it's clear all the way to the east opening. There are a couple tiles that need to be cleared on the west wall working on those today.

Then I think I'll start on the ceiling doing a strip down the center. Ping says the ceiling is purely cosmetic, so maybe we can just do the center three tiles on ceiling?

I don't have any silvers to throw your way, but I can donate 5, 5 traited (yellow) horses that you could try to sell to help out with cost.

Edited by Ohana

Remember if you want a vaulted ceiling look to not mine the outermost line of celing tiles on either side :)

PP we are going for a full 5 wide cealing.

Update: Sailboats can sail thru atm.

Bump + Took a Screenshot for Light testing.

Gonna need a Little bit more than planned - Image was Gamma corrected to see the Lighttokens but a 74ql one lights up +- 5 tiles.

Tokens on Image are 10 tiles apart

wurm201207112344.jpg

Edited by axeblade346

Nice to see this project finally get done/worked on. I started it when Deli first opened but had no help in it for the most part and abandoned it shortly after Ultimarus broke up. Great job guys.

Will you guys be putting in a walking path on onside so people can dock their boats on the other side and walk through if they choose to?

Edited by tintin

I intend to make a full cart passage next to it and inside will be "mini" docks for small boats so that you can park your small boat "in" of the canal but still out of sight.

The only problem currently is that the one lead vein we tested has 6.6k lead left in it and it currently 4 lead and 3 iron veins in the way.

A basic Layout Idea is (Dark blue = Canal at Cog Depth , Medium Blue = Sloped , Light Blue = Sailboat depth , Orange = Cart travel.)

The sloped shafts are each 5 tiles. (Unless a Veins in the way)

Canal.png

Current work progress:

Tayomi + alts are Mining the Roof out of the canal (dark blue only)

I + friends alt are mining the light blue part out (so we can carts in faster atm)

Friends alt is between me and him working on the Light blue and Mining the 70+ ql iron vein out.(I am using it to make locks for SW casts and the SW money goes into yellow dye atm and paying back the money I got for the wand/sculpting of the tile)

Taxton and I have heard 2 others are mining at the lead veins.

Donation that would be appreciated:

BSB's. - I am willing to Trade you rock shards for them as that is what they will be used for

Thank you Kaih for your donation.

Looks 1000x better on low mine graphics settings btw :D

O yes it does but then the Light effects are weird. As soon as I lower the tile decoration or Cave Detail light seem to only be bright within a +- 2 tile range, Otherwise it looks like a flame and glow spot (no AoE colour/glow) and its the same with imperials that I tested in there.

Edited by axeblade346

1 Iron vein in the Main canal was mined out. So its down to 1 iron and 4 lead in the way.

The Cart level part has 1 Lead vein (5k+ ore - Thank you Taxton for checking) in the way so far and

The Sail boat level part (for loading into carts in the canal) has 2 Iron veins in the way, 1 of which is <3k)