Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Animal Congestion Fix

Since we still have no news section set up I’ll post updates here for now:

Bugs with animal disease allowing for congestion were fixed. Diseases are also a bit more lethal. Grazers will now strive for enchanted grass, but there is also a small chance now that it may disappear when grazed upon.

You now gain battle rank for conquering HOTA pillars and aiding Epic missions. Minimum rank is now 1000. You will lose 5% rank every fifth day of inactivity.

Desecrating your own altar now penalizes you with faith loss instead of removing you from religion totally.

Various small fixes like for flowers and meditation tiles.

View the full article
  • Like 1

So instead of taking into account any of the feedback you received as far as enchanted grass and disease, you went ahead and ignored all of it.

Good show.

• Like 2

Sounds good! Here's hoping it culls back on the issue and clears out the swaths of abandoned and undercared for animals in a massive purge.

• Like 1

Enchanting grass doesn't work, starts the *new 5 second timer*, but can't complete it.

Sounds good! I like the new battle rank stuff too! B)

I've added a max rank entry which you will be able to check and there will be such a list as well (/maxranks) to see who had the most rank ever. It will have to use the current, trimmed values though since I'll do it tomorrow. The order is there still though and the current system has more overkilling checks and stuff than it used to. Can argue either way. It is what it has become.

You now gain battle rank for conquering HOTA pillars and aiding Epic missions. Minimum rank is now 1000. You will lose 5% rank every fifth day of inactivity.

Rolf, are you TRYING to purposely kill your own game?

You are supposed to add INCENTIVES to do these stupid missions that barely work for your buggy game board, and this lame capture the flag game. You are simply making this more of a JOB than a game. You removed skill decay already, that was a step forward, this is a step backwards. I've got a measly 1093 rank on Chaos, and it's took 2 years of my play time with casual pvp to get that. In one day I lose what, 55 rank?? Yeah, this really makes me want to waste 2-3 hours every few days to do your lame hota. With all due respect, this is idiotic. What on earth even made you think this is a great idea?

gg

• Like 8

Rolf, are you TRYING to purposely kill your own game?

You are supposed to add INCENTIVES to do these stupid missions that barely work for your buggy game board, and this lame capture the flag game. You are simply making this more of a JOB than a game. You removed skill decay already, that was a step forward, this is a step backwards. I've got a measly 1093 rank on Chaos, and it's took 2 years of my play time with casual pvp to get that. In one day I lose what, 55 rank?? Yeah, this really makes me want to waste 2-3 hours every few days to do your lame hota. With all due respect, this is idiotic. What on earth even made you think this is a great idea?

gg

Could not agree more. Three years of work it took to get to the rank i currently have and now in one fell swoop (followed by every 5 days another wack) i lost more than many people ever gain...

This is a change that moves away from sandbox and forces people to have to play the game and play it a specific way, how does that sound anything like what you want Wurm to appear to be? SANDBOX.

Currently on Chaos every 36 hours only TINY handlful (most likely 4 as thats the needed amount for a win) can cap a pillar and gain a measly 2 rank per. Thats the only way. Even with full pvp you're still bullying people into having to pvp to maintain their hard earned rank, back in the height of wild i could easily have gone a week or two without gaining any and i've got the highest on the damn server. Let alone how often some others would actually get some proper pvp and rank gains or those who are good pvpers who earned their rank fair and square but now choose to live on the other freedom servers where they CANNOT earn rank at all. No matter how much i want more people on wild/chaos i will never agree to such a blatant way of bullying people who want to keep their rank back onto the server...

This is just as bad as the champ change, which only ever needed a limit on the number of them and an option added to dueling rings to remove champs that hog the position when they arn't wanted. Instead of code that forces a certain playstyle on players in a supposedly sandbox game!

Yes i understand that rank is just some epeen and a couple titles. But its an achievment for people just the same as titles are for ANY skill. I don't see you setting up code that removes a persons master blacksmith title if they don't smith for a week!!

This is a ridiculous update.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

Congratulations Rolf, you successfully found a way to annoy a lot of people that enjoy playing your game. I applaud you for making silly decisions that will only serve to negatively impact the playerbase. Awesome job.

[/sarcasm]

and you totally broke the ability to enchant grass atm anyways, well done. Some day of celebration this is.

Great! I log on and horses are just dropping dead because they'll get diseased no matter what, despite hand feeding and constant grooming. Good job making disease extremely lethal without a way to take care of it!

There goes some unicorns since i cant groom them :mellow:

Don't worry, grooming doesn't seem to get rid of disease anymore, anyway. :-/

Next minute: Diseased animals that die start to come back to life as 70+FS zombie juggernauts.

• Like 1

I'm now absolutely convinced that "Wurm Online" is a sadistic sociology experiment run by Rolf.

We just think it's an online game.

Please revert these changes.

Edited by Guardas

Can anyone else confirm this?

Can anyone else confirm this?

Yeah, I've had a few diseased horses stay diseased despite being well fed and groomed twice a day for a week. They dropped dead today.

Yeah, I've had a few diseased horses stay diseased despite being well fed and groomed twice a day for a week. They dropped dead today.

Humid Drizzle still works though so go find a Fo prie....oh wait they got nerfed into the ground too a while back so good luck finding one.

Edited by Guardas

Really? hmm that's quite interesting. what about hand feeding them?

Really? hmm that's quite interesting. what about hand feeding them?

I point you to...

Great! I log on and horses are just dropping dead because they'll get diseased no matter what, despite hand feeding and constant grooming. Good job making disease extremely lethal without a way to take care of it!

Seriously Rolf, do you bother to take into account issues like this before you apply things?

THE TEST SERVER EXIST FOR A REASON!! PLEASE USE IT!!

I had one like that I put it in a 3x3 pen ( my diseased my pen )alone with groomed, planted garlic and a pile of corn it did eventually get well after about a week.

Just checked my horses I have no dead , but 2 diseased ones ( correction ).... Most of my pens are 2x3 and have 2 horses and maybe a foal. The other areas are 6x6 with 3-6 horses. I leave piles of corn everywhere for them to eat as a matter of fact all I have planted is corn and garlic. In total I have about 35 or so horses. I am getting ready to kill off about 10-12 of them because of traits.

* I found one diseased horse which I left on pavement with near a cart and one I missed so yeah I have a couple now. Also found out I have approx 39 horses.....And I haven't been breeding lately....

*update killed off at least 10 horses probably 15 including both diseased horses.

[00:12:58] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Walkingbelle.

[00:13:18] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Silverrain.

[00:14:11] You start to tend to Aged fat Clipminsc.

[00:16:11] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Swiftecker.

[00:16:30] You start to tend to Aged fat horse.

[00:16:59] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Heartbenita.

[00:17:37] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Silvertaffy.

[00:18:35] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Hophunting.

[00:20:07] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Jollygrey.

[00:20:34] You start to tend to Aged fat Dreamiron.

[00:21:40] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Osiostrong.

[00:22:01] You start to tend to Mature diseased Osiorain.

[00:22:47] You start to tend to Aged fat Sadblood.

[00:23:07] You start to tend to Aged fat Runsweet.

[00:23:39] You start to tend to Adolescent fat horse.

[00:24:20] You start to tend to Aged fat Ochohard.

[00:24:40] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Nafarwarrior.

[00:25:01] You start to tend to Young fat Halimhunting.

[00:26:51] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Rainmac.

[00:27:16] You start to tend to Aged fat Runiron.

[00:27:43] You start to tend to Young Warstark.

[00:28:16] You start to tend to Mature fat Southgold.

[00:28:43] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Silverflash.

[00:29:18] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Sadrock.

[00:29:47] You start to tend to Aged fat Windrolf.

[00:30:25] You start to tend to Young fat Zafirjolly.

[00:31:08] You start to tend to Venerable horse.

[00:31:55] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Warriorrain.

[00:32:14] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Eastzafir.

[00:32:34] You start to tend to Venerable fat Bloodclip.

[00:33:10] You start to tend to Old fat Heartosio.

[00:33:30] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Queenstrong.

[00:33:49] You start to tend to Venerable fat Waldolightning.

[00:34:21] You start to tend to Aged fat Happysouth.

[00:34:42] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Chaserpie.

[00:35:02] You start to tend to Young fat Jollymolly.

[00:35:33] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Daliasilver.

[00:36:01] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Starkhop.

[00:37:05] You start to tend to Old diseased Eaglebrisk.

Edited by Uberknot

Yeah..... I understand sentimental value but that is serious overcrowding...

mmm delicious hides, lol sorry snake couldn't resist.

I myself only have 3 bulls and 4 horses and even they are getting diseased, some have even died, and they are in a fairly large pen, some 5 speed horses Rudie gave me also dying too.

Definitely not a good update

Edited by Maximustehgreat