Sign in to follow this  
Darkmalice

New Server Announced Via Rolf Email

A new server not connected to any other, so everyone starts equal, would be good, but just more land is not needed

I would be all over this.

I would be all over this.

Umm epic was opened for that reason. Your fault if you missed it. It has enough land on the home servers where you wont be bothered by raiders so you cant blame pvp.

*Torluk gets comfortable and waits for the dragon drama to begin all over again*

Cheers for the heads-up and congrats to Rolf.

Congrats to rolf for what exactly? For releasing an unneeded server that will do nothing to improve wurm but only spread out the community even more and make drake/scale more regular? Yeah congrats.

Umm epic was opened for that reason. Your fault if you missed it. It has enough land on the home servers where you wont be bothered by raiders so you cant blame pvp.

This is pretty much true if you find an inland area alone away from any large deeds but most especially away from the water.

Not only do we not need another freedom server, but why south of Exodus? It should be east of Deli.

Sure let's make it even less convenient for people on Inde to visit or deliver things to people there.

As I posted in the other thread, I don't see a problem with another server for people to spread out. But making them all a single line?????? Do we live on a Ringworld? They should be tiled out, maybe with the pvp/epic servers in the middle, but so that people can follow the PVE only servers to get from one to the other if they want. But they should be tiled, not stringed.

Congrats to rolf for what exactly? For releasing an unneeded server that will do nothing to improve wurm but only spread out the community even more and make drake/scale more regular? Yeah congrats.

Fixing the problems created by the hack, getting the new forums and front page up and then releasing a new server to celebrate the sixth birthday of Wurm. I'd say that deserves a congrats and I should probably have said gratz to Rolf, the team and the players for making a good game great.

Lighten up lad.

• Like 1

Positives and Negatives...

I rely on trading partly and also it is an element of my game. Less customers, less Trade. It not like you can put your prices up?

Get a perm courier service then problem solved but it isnt the most exciting money maker.

The problems with the economy that many of you seem to be concerned about are only an issue if those players with whom you trade go to the new server. Don't forget that in a survilalist game like Wurm many players like to just go it alone - do their own thing and they don't buy from other players. These are the kinds of players that will want to travel off to fresh lands. It's far less likely that established players who trade with other players and are already settled in their nice coastal deeds are likely to pack up and move.

• Like 1

The problems with the economy that many of you seem to be concerned about are only an issue if those players with whom you trade go to the new server. Don't forget that in a survilalist game like Wurm many players like to just go it alone - do their own thing and they don't buy from other players. These are the kinds of players that will want to travel off to fresh lands. It's far less likely that established players who trade with other players and are already settled in their nice coastal deeds are likely to pack up and move.

Actually, it will most likely be the veteran players that go to the new server, just to set up yet another deed (and in the prime locations), so they can sell to the new players that come along. Some vets will go in just to kill the uniques. The hunters will leave as soon as the uniques are all gone, and the other vets will have another outpost where they set up to sell, but really aren't around much. It's happened that way every time so far, why should it happen any different this time.

Edited by Vroomfondel

This is a great addition to Freedom and Welcome to all who go there and settle!! :D

Vroomfondel is correct the people most likely to be racing to the new server and gobbling up the coast line are not unsettled newer players it's:

Old rich players with several deeds already all over the freedom Isles and seem to think they must have the best lands on every server under their control.

These silver stuffed long time people will hit the new server long before (likely days) then any new or unestablished player since they already have the ships, materials, alts, as well as the cash to afford to slap down 4, 5, 6, even 7 deeds in places they like "Just to reserve them from lessers" until the decided on one or two to keep and never visit.

Well if that is the case then I still don't see how it can hurt the economy - if these 'old rich players' have so many alts and and so much cash then surely they are entirely self-sufficient and don't contribute to the economy either.

As a relatively new player, I'm looking forward to it very much.

I love not being squished together as trading-fodder or for pvgank - and this is a fantastic survival game. I prefer wilderness to suburbia anytime or I'd be playing the sims.

Thank you Rolf !

This sounds cool but do we have any more info? And can we PLEASE have it east of deli :(

South of Exo is hours journey away. It's just spreading everything out far too much. I remember campaigning for Chaos to be west side of servers, now please can we have Celebration in the east!! :(

Either that, or you fix the mailing system and make it usable for ALL items except building materials.

P.S. If I hear someone say that we don't need more servers... Exo has become crowded, Deli and Indy are both somewhere inbetween. More open space and server to play with isn't a bad thing.

Edited by Docterchese

Vroomfondel is correct the people most likely to be racing to the new server and gobbling up the coast line are not unsettled newer players it's:

Old rich players with several deeds already all over the freedom Isles and seem to think they must have the best lands on every server under their control.

These silver stuffed long time people will hit the new server long before (likely days) then any new or unestablished player since they already have the ships, materials, alts, as well as the cash to afford to slap down 4, 5, 6, even 7 deeds in places they like "Just to reserve them from lessers" until the decided on one or two to keep and never visit.

I seriously doubt will see many " Old rich players " settling the new server this time, most have been there, done that and have the T shirt.

Gobbling up the coastline, lol. Are people really still wheeling out that old line? There's not even 200 ppl on Indy in an evening these days, let alone Deli or Exo, and you're moaning about coastline being bought up? Do you even play on Freedom anymore Joanavon?

Hurrah for new land to explore.

Boo for spreading out the population even further.

Rolf seems confident he can afford the game with 200 prems, if he wants to give us some new land, I'm not complaining.

• Like 1

Now about those long promised features and bug fixes....

Lol some of you people make me laugh. Great idea for another server...but bad location (south of Exodus). Always glad when new stuff comes out weather it be items,animals or even new servers as i was there for Exodus and Epic. Both were a great time and looking forward to other one. As for other promises they promised....Just be happy they are doing something i guess. But haters are going hate no matter what ya do.

Eroc

Not to be rude, but are you going to say that each time they promise a feature then decide to release a new server to pacify the masses while the long awaited features mothball? THAT'S what I don't want to see happen, I'm all for more servers in a more convenient travel pattern :D

Umm not true whatsoever. Not why Epic was opened. I didn't miss anything.

Edited by Satch

Server should be east of Deli, then in future, another server east of Exodus to make things look like that:

XX <--- Ind

XX <--- Ind

D1 <--- Deli, New Server 1

E2 <---- Exodus, New Future Server 2

And the way back of Chaos need some fix...would be a long trip back to people in new server when coming home.

But, in the end, i agree with people saying no more servers for now.

And a decent sailing pattern, this moving farther and farther from indi (i live on/near the north coast of indi). How about an ability to sail north from indi and then end up on the bottom of the chain so to speak?

• Like 1

Server should be east of Deli, then in future, another server east of Exodus to make things look like that:

XX <--- Ind

XX <--- Ind

D1 <--- Deli, New Server 1

E2 <---- Exodus, New Future Server 2

And the way back of Chaos need some fix...would be a long trip back to people in new server when coming home.

But, in the end, i agree with people saying no more servers for now.

With all these confusing sail maps it would be nice to say which server are you going to end up on if you keep sailing towards the edge

Need to reset Epic totally. Stats, map, items...everything. Would be a blast to start over again.

So this realy isn't a joke?

As other stated already, don't see the need for yet another server.

Also, where is the pvp return on chaos that was suposed to happen beginnin of this month?

People are getting tired of waiting for it. (and alot of people returned for it)

We (or me atleast) understood the delay because of the attack on the client etc. but you keep us waiting and now work is being put into a new unneeded server istead of finnaly brining pvp back?

Not cool bro. Not cool

I think Celebration should have been introduced at a better time. Pvp, bug fixes and other things promised should have come first. Then there would be a true reason to celebrate.

I also agree sticking it in a better place would have been more effecient as it already takes hours of sailing to visit other servers why make it even worse. This is one of the only games I know of that doesnt promote the " game in moderation" standard. More people are inclined to stick around if it doesnt take them hours on end to accomplish something.