Photo

New Server Announced Via Rolf Email

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#1 Darkmalice

Darkmalice

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Here, in it's entirety;

Dear Wurm players!

As you may be aware, Wurm was attacked by some nasty hacker who put his
foul code on our web pages a few weeks ago.

This of course made some of our players nervous and some even believed
their computers could be infected by the game client. Their anti virus
software noticed that the client visited the hacked web pages and so the
diligent anti-virus software gave (false) warnings. Our fine game client
could however never infect any computer with anything bad.

Since then we've been very busy with making our web site safer, and now
everything is hosted in new fresh environments. We even have a new fancy
website design!

Now that all this website fuss is handled I will have my hands free to
move on with progressive things like the Multi Storey buildings project.
We are also releasing some interesting Achievement stuff tomorrow
(designed by Wollschaf and Saroman) which keeps track of what you're
doing in the game and dings pleasantly now and then.

All this means that it's time for Celebration, so we're opening a new
Freedom server with that name tomorrow! Isn't that great?

The new server will be located on the south border of Exodus. The
opening is scheduled at 15.00 hrs CET on the 31st of May and hopefully
everything goes as smooth as I expect. Wish me luck!

Rolf

There is one rule; deed it or lose it... Or at least it used to be.

#2 RomaN

RomaN

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Thanks, I was wondering why I never got an email.

Edited by RomaN, 30 May 2012 - 02:48 PM.

6x Dragonslayer . 5x Giantslayer . 5x Avatar Slayer . 1x Troll King Slayer . 1x Goblin Leader Slayer

#3 Darkmalice

Darkmalice

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Sounds like a lot of folk didn't get one yet, I've only had one through for the several email accounts I use so *shrugs*
There is one rule; deed it or lose it... Or at least it used to be.

#4 Kegan

Kegan

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hmm the 31st is not that far away you would think they would announce it here in the forum so people can get ready for the rush..hehe

#5 RomaN

RomaN

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Launch trailer for new server lol

6x Dragonslayer . 5x Giantslayer . 5x Avatar Slayer . 1x Troll King Slayer . 1x Goblin Leader Slayer

#6 Kegan

Kegan

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

I just checked my email and can confirm that the email does say there is to be a new server on the 31st seam like i need to get things ready.

Edit: here is a screenshot of the letter :D

Posted Image

Edited by Kegan, 30 May 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#7 Guardas

Guardas

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Not only do we not need another freedom server, but why south of Exodus? It should be east of Deli.

Sure let's make it even less convenient for people on Inde to visit or deliver things to people there.

#8 Vroomfondel

Vroomfondel

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Not only do we not need another freedom server, but why south of Exodus? It should be east of Deli.

Sure let's make it even less convenient for people on Inde to visit or deliver things to people there.

I must agree. Not only do we not need another server, it surely doesn't need to be at the far end of a single line of servers. At least try to make a grid of it, instead of a single line.
Spoon!

#9 axeblade346

axeblade346

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Launch trailer for new server lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRPRhYuO2VI

Good Job Roman. Almost made me think its the OFFICIAL trailer.

IGN: Angera (Affliction / Deli) + Sincor (MAG priest on DELI)

#10 xenoman

xenoman

Settler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

at least us exodus players get a nice host of visitors on the way through our towns and ports. a good way for us to earn some cash and stuff. Also, can you please confirm the state of the server. PVE or PVP?? its not 100% sure among everyone yet and id like to really know ^^

#11 York

York

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

What a shame its all the way down there, most players are on Indy, its the most populated server.

#12 sandyar

sandyar

Villager

• Chat Moderator
  • 638 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

I hope its a bad joke. All servers are low population already why spread population even more it makes no sense at all.

#13 Alyeska

Alyeska

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,255 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Would be nice to connect it south of exodus/north of inde. Make it into a ring sortof thing.

Ukkosenjumalan Tytär

#14 atazs

atazs

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

This has to be a joke, Really rolf? Why do you keep spreading out the small population that wurm has even more?? The current servers are not crowded at all. Maybe fix travelling between current ones? Such as chaos taking you to inde no matter where you cross etc...
EDIT:
Just checked my emails including junks and found no such email. You better not mess with us

Edited by atazs, 30 May 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Atazs reveals the Hammer of Magranon [20:01:14] The settlement of Wurm Income Disintegrating Like Caves has just been disbanded by Kix.

#15 Moxie

Moxie

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

Would be nice to connect it south of exodus/north of inde. Make it into a ring sortof thing.

This. I'm happy that it'll be south of Exo, but it'd be even better if it also connected to Indie. It would make the world a bit globe-like. :)
[22:16:56] if you need some dirty, you're welcome to come get some

#16 Crusader

Crusader

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

This has to be a joke, Really rolf? Why do you keep spreading out the small population that wurm has even more?? The current servers are not crowded at all. Maybe fix travelling between current ones? Such as chaos taking you to inde no matter where you cross etc...

The subscription count is lowering rather quickly, and what worked last time was opening a new server. That's not a solution though, I agree, it's a band-aid. Yes, it may rake in a few new players or subscriptions but it's really the most unneeded addition to Freedom. There is no real need or even a demand for a new server (I have seen zero posts about a new server).

I think this is a move that is not needed with a dropping player count - why spread out the community even more? What worked once doesn't always mean it'll work again, there are a lot of solutions to get players back into Wurm, but opening a new server really isn't the top pick in my opinion. Are we just going to open a new server everytime the subscription count drops? So we'll have twenty servers eventually?

Edited by Crusader, 30 May 2012 - 04:40 PM.

JK Paladin.

#17 Redd

Redd

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Why cant something attach to the WEST of Chaos, cmon!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" - Winston Churchill

#18 Guardas

Guardas

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

The subscription count is lowering rather quickly, and what worked last time was opening a new server. That's not a solution though, I agree, it's a band-aid. Yes, it may rake in a few new players or subscriptions but it's really the most unneeded addition to Freedom. There is no real need or even a demand for a new server (I have seen zero posts about a new server).

I think this is a move that is not needed with a dropping player count - why spread out the community even more? What worked once doesn't always mean it'll work again, there are a lot of solutions to get players back into Wurm, but opening a new server really isn't the top pick in my opinion. Are we just going to open a new server everytime the subscription count drops? So we'll have twenty servers eventually?

You know what would work? Not screwing over your players by adding nerfs that are unnecessary and fixing bugs that have been reported over and over (like that altar Faith bonus bug).

Also paying attention to the forums instead of listening to whichever whiner is on IRC.

Oh and one more tip: stop screwing over PvE for the sake of PvP.

#19 khatanka

khatanka

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Why cant something attach to the WEST of Chaos, cmon!

Yep, and Indy in North, Deli in East, Exo in South :P

German-Village Bergdorf (we are recruiting now!)

#20 Torluk

Torluk

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

*Torluk gets comfortable and waits for the dragon drama to begin all over again*

Cheers for the heads-up and congrats to Rolf.