Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Looking at options

This is what’s going on:

Evacuating the old web server, trying to salvage databases etc. The old php web pages are all infected but we’ve taken a backup of all the stuff and downloaded and made it accessible. We won’t have time to salvage most of it because we need to move forward with development as well but some can probably be useful on the upcoming web site.

There doesn’t seem to be any root kit or anything installed from what we can see, and there are no weird connections to or from the server but we have to reformat it regardless. It’s an old machine with very high monthly rental cost so we’re going to discontinue it.

We’ve set up a new virtual machine for the web page, client and packs which will come live asap. It’s not very powerful but we want to use a CDN with CNAME mapping to it in order to scale pack distribution nicely instead.

We’re looking at how and where we should host the forum and the wiki. I can patch an Operating System but none of us employed at Code Club knows the first thing about PHP or even how to install it on apache. It’s pretty evident that we shouldn’t host it since we have lots of other things to focus on than learning PHP. We’re discussing, surveying and testing out various options there.

The blog moved here. Not sure what to do with the old Wordpress database. Maybe one day someone will restore it.

Premium count is dropping, although a bit less dramatic than I first feared. We need things up fast though or it may accelerate. Every purchase made gives hope and I want to give all of you who decide to help out a big thank you for your support in this.

Rolf

View the full article

Sign in to follow this