Sign in to follow this  
Tich

The "settoolbelt" console command

There is a new command "settoolbelt" (added as part of Client update 3.1.2 see http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=69839.0)

Here is a way you can use it... warning this may not make total sence ;)

How to setup keys to swap contents of toolbelt

Location of information used for this...

Brief explanation of directory structure under the Wurm Directory

Wurm - configs - default

- "any other configs you have created"

- packs

- players - "any character's name that you have used"

So for me its like (i use different configs for my characters due to using different resolutions and different keybinds)

Wurm - configs - default

- Pifa

- Tich

- packs

- players - Pifa

- Tich

Files "Wurm - players - <character name> - config.txt" holds the profile name used for that character

and  "Wurm - configs - <profile name> - gamesettings.txt" hold info about the toolbelt and lots of other things *Dont edit*

Steps to take...

1. Setup toolbelt as you want it

2. exit game (this updates gamesettings.txt file)

3. get the IDs for the toolbelt slots. The look something like this... toolSlot1=89315841409538

4. make a text file e.g. toolbeltRopes.txt and add lines for each toolbelt slot you want it to change

e.g. (syntax is "settoolbelt <id> <slot>")

settoolbelt 1010613035730178 5
settoolbelt 146794415653378 6

5. Then from within the game, goto console and bind a key (i've used alt 1)

Bind alt+1 "exec toolbeltRopes.txt"

To make a second set of command repeat the above (using a different file name for the commands)

So to change to my ropes toolbelt, i can just use alt+1, dont forget you can also add bindings of keys to the same text file, thus changing your bound keys at same time as changing your toolbelt

Any questions, do ask, and i'll try to answer

It would seem they could make this easier for all to use in game right??  Something like save toolbelt 1, save toolbelt 2,  etc..Most people won't even bother trying this because its just too complicated messing with game files. Maybe this is the first step in the process I sure hope something better comes out soon.

you are not changing game file, only reading the id from one (no other way to get the ids)

and at least we now have a way we can do it

Although I appreciate your posting this information Tich (as I was wondering about how to reset a few slots on my toolbelt), I agree with Uberknot as finding these files and editing them in the way you suggested is something that I don't want to get into (complicated and confusing to me).

Now if we could just open the console and create binds for the toolbelt in that manner, I would do it without hesitation. Something like, bind 1 toolbelt1, enter, done!

=Ayes=

Although I appreciate your posting this information Tich (as I was wondering about how to reset a few slots on my toolbelt), I agree with Uberknot as finding these files and editing them in the way you suggested is something that I don't want to get into (complicated and confusing to me).

Now if we could just open the console and create binds for the toolbelt in that manner, I would do it without hesitation. Something like, bind 1 toolbelt1, enter, done!

=Ayes=

...that's what this whole post is based around, the addition of a command to change your toolbelt slots.

bind <key> "settoolbelt <itemid> <slot>"

Tich has just explained further about how to get the itemids to use, and how to set it all up in files that you can execute to change all the toolbelt slots with one key.

Uberknot shares my opinion.

The idea behind the OP's post suggest we should make use of item ID's. I think that's a dangerous rode to go down. Who is letting these complicated things into the game? Would it not be a better approach to put things in that are easier to use...like save current tool belt as setup toolbelt1, and then a keybind to load toolbelt1.

Why is it dangerous? Granted Wurm doesn't share the the same issues as UO, built in macro support or a long history or hacked clients. Although, we should still keep in mind that much of UO's macro problems stem from using ID's generated from hacking tools in conjunction with legal and client built in "event macro" tools.

This is similar to the goofy keybind exe. setup thing folks like to talk about. Users should not be asked to do these kinds of things. I like to point out that we don't even need a lot of them. Four standard action keybinds and a client side file with all the different tool's actions that get loaded when a tool is made active.

# Formatting
# [tool]:action_one,action_two,action_three,action_four
shovel:dig,flatten
pickaxe:mine_forward,mine_up,mine_down,tunnel
rake:farm
hatchet:cut_down,chop_up
sickle:pick_sprout,prune,pick_flower,harvest
fishing pole:fish
dredge:dredge
ect...

Thanks Tich.

While it is a pain to set up, I can see this being useful for me.

Things like that start out as a complicated (for the everyday user) thing in the beginning until a good way can be established to make setting it up easier.

It's way better to include at least something that can be worked with than not include it until time and way has been established to make it accessible to everyone.

This command also allows you to do some neat things, such as cycling through tools on a single slot using a single key:

bind shift+1 "exec swapanvils1.txt"

swapanvils1.txt

settoolbelt 1010613035730178 1
bind shift+1 "exec swapanvils2.txt"

swapanvils2.txt

settoolbelt 1010613024124242 1
bind shift+1 "exec swapanvils3.txt"

swapanvils3.txt

settoolbelt 1012415157301241 1
bind shift+1 "exec swapanvils1.txt"

that will be very usefull to switch between the carpentry/ smithing/ CT tools!

thx for making that command and posting this guide! :D

Thanks, Tich. I'll definitely be messing with this when I get home.

I can't even get the wiki Quickswitch hotkeys to work let alone trying something like this :(

Regards gramps

Another note: you can do "dump options" in the console instead of having to log out to get your item ids.

Another note: you can do "dump options" in the console instead of having to log out to get your item ids.

Ah thanks, i'd forgotten that.

Personally, i'd have like having multiple toolbelts on you, and you wear the one that you want to use, but that would mean storing the toolbelt contents serverside, which is not done yet.

Next i'd like to see a "equip" command something like "equip <id> <position>" so we can hot switch armour and weapons! - although if this was added i think putting on armour should use a timer (length depending on which part of armour)

Surely some bright spark can put a little app together to make something usable for the masses instead of having to get so techy?

Ah thanks, i'd forgotten that.

Personally, i'd have like having multiple toolbelts on you, and you wear the one that you want to use, but that would mean storing the toolbelt contents serverside, which is not done yet.

Next i'd like to see a "equip" command something like "equip <id> <position>" so we can hot switch armour and weapons! - although if this was added i think putting on armour should use a timer (length depending on which part of armour)

Heh aye armour swapping should definitely use timers.

I had completely forgotten about using "dump" to get the item ids  :-X

Or do "setoption toolSlot". This will list only the options that match the name toolslot and not the whole list of options.