Sign in to follow this  
Kraegar

The Future of WILD

While I do appreciate all the efforts of people to determine the future of WILD I would ask a couple of things.

1) If you are not on wild and an active player... DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT offer any opinions.  You do not live here.  I DO you DO NOT.  How would you like it if I was the one to determine your future?

2) If you are from Freedom.  WE ARE NOT the enemy.  We are just trying to survive.

3) If you have not played for more than 3 years.  You don't know and cannot know what it means to lose everything and have to start all over.  Your opinion does not count.  Now you play for 4 years and sink over a grand into the game in village costs and guard costs then come talk to me about starting over at zero again.  How many of you guys have joined my village and been kept free from harm?  How much did you contribute to the upkeep of it?  Ya... I thought so... Nada.

4) EPIC is the new wild and within 3 months it will be the old wild with everyone having mines or gatehouses to hop in.  I will put up 1G that this is true... ohhh wait... I hear the raiders are mad cause someone hopped into a mine with a 60QL door on it already... WOW who wouda thunk it. 

Sorry to the CM's and GM's that have to deal with Yall..

This is perhaps the 10th thread in under a day about Wild.  I really wish people would stop freaking out, making new threads, and fighting.  Give Rolf at least some time.. you know at least more than a day. 

While I do appreciate all the efforts of people to determine the future of WILD I would ask a couple of things.

1) If you are not on wild and an active player... DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT offer any opinions.  You do not live here.  I DO you DO NOT.  How would you like it if I was the one to determine your future?

2) If you are from Freedom.  WE ARE NOT the enemy.  We are just trying to survive.

3) If you have not played for more than 3 years.  You don't know and cannot know what it means to lose everything and have to start all over.  Your opinion does not count.  Now you play for 4 years and sink over a grand into the game in village costs and guard costs then come talk to me about starting over at zero again.  How many of you guys have joined my village and been kept free from harm?  How much did you contribute to the upkeep of it?  Ya... I thought so... Nada.

4) EPIC is the new wild and within 3 months it will be the old wild with everyone having mines or gatehouses to hop in.  I will put up 1G that this is true... ohhh wait... I hear the raiders are mad cause someone hopped into a mine with a 60QL door on it already... WOW who wouda thunk it. 

Sorry to the CM's and GM's that have to deal with Yall..

Rolf only has so much time.  For him to devote any significant amount of time to Wild would be doing a severe disservice to the vast majority of his player base, who want nothing to do with that server for a large number of different reasons.

Farmerbob... Thanks for showing us your ignorance... Now please stop.

Farmerbob... Thanks for showing us your ignorance... Now please stop.

My ignorance?  Are you trying for a QL 100 Irony award?

Just stating facts.  You do have access to some of my info.  Please feel free to check to see how many more years I have played than you.  You might be pleasantly surprised.

I must disagree with that, there is what, ~300 active Wild players - and 2000+ on Freedom and I estimate 1,200 on Epic from the total prem graph (but does anyone have a link to the Epic graphs?)

I think Wild capturing Epic players is more or less a lost cause, as they are PvP oriented players who have chosen their server, but there is still a large amount of Freedom players Wild could capture - the kind of folk that might want to put their fighting skills to the test, even if just for a few days, and would prefer not to grind from scratch.

One example of that is Metaldragon - he comes to Wild often, but usually goes back to Freedom after a while - clearly he enjoys both servers. Despite the fact he is on Freedom now (I think?) - he is the kind of person I think we should listen to, given there might be a reason he stays on Freedom more than Wild.

So, I think to a extent you should listen to Freedom players - but Freedom players who would never, ever go to Wild should maybe not post so much in these threads. Furthermore I do agree entirely you should listen to the Wild players and not completely change Wild to something they don't like at all, but for all we know maybe existing Wild players and some Freedom players interested in _maybe_ trying Wild might be able to agree on some things.

Just stating facts.  You do have access to some of my info.  Please feel free to check to see how many more years I have played than you.  You might be pleasantly surprised.

You do not have access to all of my info either, and rather than asking, you simply chose to assume.  Do you know what assuming does?

I've been around in one form or another long enough to have some say in this argument.

Hi!

Someone has requested that a new player should be created for your account on Wurm Online with the name Cheopis.

In order to finish the player creation, please click this link.

You have until 24 Dec 2008 16:12:34 GMT before the reserved name is made available to other players.

Please enjoy!

The Wurm Online Team.

Enough with the banter back and forth. Time spent playing the game is irrelevant to the topic.

Stick to the topic or it gets locked.

That is where you are totally wrong.  Time spent playing this game equals real money.  Time spent playing this game means real skills.  Time spent playing this game equates to respect.  I was pointing out that Farmerbob in all his "glory" has not played this game nearly as long as I have played it.  And he has not played on WILD nearly as long as I have played on WILD.  So his opinion of WILD is sadly mistaken and certainly not wanted.

NOW... Go ahead and LOCK.  US on WILD are F'N Tired of people not on WILD deciding our FUTURE.

GET IT?

FarmerBob... I remember you as a noob... NUFF SAID

Nuff said?  Really?

What I see you saying is that only the most ancient players have any right to make decisions in Wurm that will affect the development cycle of the game, not the players that make up the vast majority of the player base.  Really?  Is this what you think?

Do you really have that much unfounded belief in your own superiority?

Do you truly believe that only you and a couple other ancients should have any say so, and the rest of us should only be able to nod our heads in mute agreement with you no matter what we think?

I think all the people who have left Wild have more than demonstrated what the community thinks of that server.

Farmerbob... Please stop.  Come to WILD and we will see how you survive on your own.

Farmerbob... Please stop.  Come to WILD and we will see how you survive on your own.

If I came to Wild, I would have to see how I survive on my own, because there isn't anyone else there.

US on WILD are F'N Tired of people not on WILD deciding our FUTURE.

GET IT?

Funny cause us on Freedom are tired of the same damn thing.

How there still anything going on when average 6-12 people are online on a Inde size map?

Come to WILD or shut up.  Your choice... I await.

I left that server several months ago, and will not return.  It's a failure, and I'll not be going back to it for any reason, no matter how tempting you make it for me to saddle up Jyin and see if your hummingbird butt matches your alligator mouth.

So your $1000 over a period of 4yrs is worth more than my $700 over a period of 18mths? 

I also think Kraegar has demonstrated that length of time in the game has created far more arrogance than respect, for one vet player anyway it would seem.  Thats if I am allowed to think, of course, being Ive only been here 18mths, and yes, most of that time on Wild.

That is where you are totally wrong.  Time spent playing this game equals real money.  Time spent playing this game means real skills.  Time spent playing this game equates to respect.  I was pointing out that Farmerbob in all his "glory" has not played this game nearly as long as I have played it.  And he has not played on WILD nearly as long as I have played on WILD.  So his opinion of WILD is sadly mistaken and certainly not wanted.

His opinion is just as valid as your opinion of Wild, no matter how long either of you stayed there. Both of you played there. Both have experience.

I understand your anger, Kraegar. You just want to stay on wild, no matter how many are left, and all you are seeing right now is a bunch of people saying "Oh, close wild... it's dead". I understand the frustration you're feeling. I want you to know (although you probably don't care about my opinion as a carebear), I don't mind Rolf letting you guys have your Wild server to yourselves. I just want to let the guys that want to get off the server and come "retire" in freedom the chance to do so, all while keeping a few of their prized possessions.

In short, not all carebears want wild to close or turn into a PVE server.

Now I will lock this thread, as I have seen the direction it has taken while I was writing my response.