Sign in to follow this  
bgantzler

Wurm Army Knife 1.3.4 (Mapping & Tools)

Balsimar, An undo function would be very nice, but as I understand what it would take to do, I just dont see me putting forth that much effort. What Im really concerned about is how the changes you amde to the cave system altered the upper level. Had there been an undo you would have lost all the cave changes to get the surface changes back, so you would have lost changes eitehr way, the real root is the surface should not have been altered and thats the real bug. Can you provide any information as to what happened?

as more and more tools get added, probably will have to do that. The tools are "helping" ya though arent they :)

Will look into the repostitioning of the overlay map.

lol yeah, the tools are great, which is why they deserve to get noticed. :)

With regard to the surface/cave issue... quite possible it's something I did or didn't do right.

I'd loaded up a backup copy of a w2 map to play with, where I'd already worked on parts of my cave. I noted where the caves started, then toggled the cave layer via the button on the toolbar. Surface layer went away. tiles all went white, which is what I'd expected. I wanted the cave layer to have a dark background, so I selected the 'distance cave' terrain type and started painting so I could paint my mined tiles and ore locations... toggled back to the surface layer to check some locations, and that's when I noticed that it had also painted the surface layer, overwriting the existing surface tiles with "distance cave" tiles.

I had been playing with the various layer toggles prior to that, however.. toggled "show both layers" on and off a couple times... so I wouldn't doubt that I did something to make both layers editable at the same time.

Ahh, thats the problem. The Distance cave tile was something that Budda had in his that I find useful. Its actually for cave entrances. When you place that tile its placed on both the surface and the cave. Perhaps a better name would have avoided the confusion. Ill try to fix that. For the cave I just used the rock tile. I dont have a fill yet, so filling in the cave is still kinda manual. I thought about having a default tile for the cave layer be something other than white, but in drawing my own, both have their advantages and I havent decided yet.

Had you chosen any other tile there wouldnt have been an issue, but it did point out a potential confusion point, so Will see what I can do with that.

Had you chosen any other tile there wouldnt have been an issue, but it did point out a potential confusion point, so Will see what I can do with that.

Sounds about right for me. At least it was something explainable. :))

Posted 1.3.1.0

Changed the Distance tile to Entrance to hopefully avoid confusion.

Added a tab for general timers. Bascially you can create a timer for X minutes. Since you can name it, you can create as many as you want.

Moved the tools from Help to a new drop down utilities. (Should probably put them in alpha order)

Added a Skill Display. Just started, far from finished. Builds a tree of all the skill dumps you have and lets you select them. Lets you mark values over a certain level in green. The order of the skills is the order of a dump of my own, although Im thinking should be in alpha order to find them easier. There is a file SkillTree.xml that the tree is built off of, so if you reorder them or add any missing they will be reflected in the display. Note however this file could be overwritten in future updates so save your work, or better just give me some suggestions on changing it. You cant do anything else with this display as yet, just wanted to get it out there and see how it worked before adding more.

Been using the 1.3.1 update... Haven't really found any more issues, so wanted to post and say thanks for a great tool!

I've been working on an under-deed mine system, and being able to toggle between the two layers has been extremely helpful. :)

This is an amazing program, Wish rolf would be able to implement alot of these features into the game.

Thanks alot!

Updated program.

Skill dump now has a copy to clipboard that will copy the current skill tree with colors so that it may be pasted into a forum message.

Added a Formulas page that now includes many of the formulas such as weight, dragging, digging, etc. You may enter any values or choose from a skill dump

First: I can only find the 1.3.1 downloadwhen I follow the link, this be normal?

Some things to add perhaps (or I've overlooked them in the program)

- maybe a double click to erase a tile you just made, or add "blank" standard to the right mouse button (like the 2 colors in photoshop, one on the LMB and one on the RMB).

- I cant seem to scroll through the terrains, my window is made a bit smaller but I have to drag the slider down to see the rest of the tiles, mousewheel doesnt seem to work.

- There is a rather annoying delay when I move the map around (by holding the right mouse button). The map is a rather big one, but I havent added much tiles to it. The mapprogram you based this army knife on didn't have any delay when I moved the map around.  (it gets allot worse if I try to move a map around which has been zoomed out allot).

Thats about it for now, great program so far :)

(hope you still work/update this)

Something does seem up with the download. Am not in a poistion to check into that atm, will do as soon as possible

The right mouse button is currently a picker, based on the mode your in, it will make whatever you right click on the current pen, I find that much more useful. However I could see about maybe a ctl-right click being a blank. Thanks for the suggestion, will look into it.

Will look into the mouse scroll on the terrain list. Its a custom painted list control and I think I looked at that once, but not sure, will see what I can do on that as well.

The lag when dragging with the mouse is because everything off screen isnt painted, and as you drag its trying to paint the new peices, the more zoomed out you are the more to paint. It drives me crazy as well and have tried several ideas to make it better. The original program is Java and hence a different control. When I encountered this problem I did go into the original programs code to try and see if there was anything they might have been doing I wasnt that fixed this, but I couldnt find it. I will revisit this every so often as it irritates me as well.

NiVox

Some reason when i try to exit the program i get an error popup (and i'm unable to close the program without using task manager)

The details of the crash message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Unknown\Wurm Army Knife\TimerData.xml' is denied.
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
  at WurmMapper.Utilities.XmlSerializerHelper`1.Save(String path, T obj)
  at WurmMapper.Utilities.TimerData.Save(String FullName)
  at WurmMapper.Dialogs.WurmTimers.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at WurmMapper.Form1.Form1_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WurmArmyKnife
    Assembly Version: 1.3.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Unknown/Wurm%20Army%20Knife/WurmArmyKnife.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.2
    Assembly Version: 10.2.6.0
    Win32 Version: 10.2.6.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Unknown/Wurm%20Army%20Knife/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.2.DLL
DevExpress.Utils.v10.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Unknown/Wurm%20Army%20Knife/DevExpress.Utils.v10.2.DLL
DevExpress.Data.v10.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Unknown/Wurm%20Army%20Knife/DevExpress.Data.v10.2.DLL
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
5udomx5p
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
g3lvguil
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Other than this this tool is awesome! i've found many features really helpful already like the village planner and meditation timer nice work  :)

The timer settings are saved from session to session, so it remembers what timers were active and such. When you close the program its trying to write the timer data out and looks like youa re being denied for some reason. When you click save on the timer screen does it save or also give you the error. If the system is locking on trying to acquire rights to the file, not sure what I can do, but will look at the code and google a bit and see what I can find.

Oh, you're right... i moved the "Wurm Army Knife" folder onto the desktop and now it is working. Some reason there was limited access even though i am admin on this computer.

Glad I could sort this out :) Cheers

In Win7 (and Vista, presumably), programs that aren't run with admin privileges don't have write access to the "program files" folder.

The 1.3.2 link is now working. I think there is a limit to how many files I can have on Source Forge. Once I deleted a few older ones, it started working.

Just figured out that the house calculator is a little off, it doesn't take into account the floor and roof which it does in game.

Do you mean for the resources? The roof is free. I dont think you spend resources on it. The floor is not a requirement. Or you can do it in slab or planks, so I dont calculate it.

For the actual skill im pretty sure its correct. Ill check again. Some more detail as to why you think its off would help. Like, if you build a house like this it should take x, but the calculator says y. That would be very helpful.

If I recall the kchat discussion, snakegal had said a 2x2 house would take 8 Carp skill to plan  according to the program, but the 4 floor tiles means the correct answer is 12, I have not tested it in the program myself was merely a kchat lurker when it came up.

Yes the calculator only counts the walls for the skill, not the tiles.

Just dropping a note to say that this is making the building and terraforming and prospecting and water divining and - well, everything really - much, much easier. Thanks for your time and effort!

The House calculator was pretty much patterened off http://webdepp.sense-net.at/~toni/wurm/housecalc.php. I tried putting in a 2x2 house and both the web page and the program report exactly the same thing, 12 carpentry.

However the Web page does perevent you from building multiple peices of a house not connected. This program does not stop you effectively allowing you to model a house that can not be built. You get what you pay for :).

So.....Is there a problem with the house Calculator within this program?

The House calculator was pretty much patterened off http://webdepp.sense-net.at/~toni/wurm/housecalc.php. I tried putting in a 2x2 house and both the web page and the program report exactly the same thing, 12 carpentry.

However the Web page does perevent you from building multiple peices of a house not connected. This program does not stop you effectively allowing you to model a house that can not be built. You get what you pay for :).

So.....Is there a problem with the house Calculator within this program?

Wurm army knife on left, housecalc on right

lyru9.png

Thanks. A picture is worth a thousands words. I usually build my houses in the center, you chose along the edge.  You will also notice that he house calc pic you included you indented one to the right when you build the house. I tried that in mine and it reported 10 so clearly the problem is the edge lines are not being recognized as walls.

I will fix this. In the mean time building you houses in the center away from the edges and you will be fine.

Thank you much for finding and reporting a bug.

NiVox

Released 1.3.3

Fixed the HouseCalc to acurrately count the edges. (Thanks SnakeGal)

You can now scroll the toolbar with the mouse as well as the main display. (Thanks Lycanthropic)

The slow right-click drag of the map is always on my mind. So havent forgotten it.

Thanks!

But, for me, the download link still contains version 1.3.2  (?)