Sign in to follow this  
bgantzler

Wurm Army Knife 1.3.4 (Mapping & Tools)

Wurm Army Knife - Wurm Mapping and Tools

Download Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wurmarmyknife/ Requires .Net 4.0 so Sorry, windows only at this time

MSI version - Install program (which pretty much creates a directory and places the items in it)

Zip version - Unzip contents into a directory, run the program (Old. No longer releasing this way)

At the time I started this, I was using WPlanner, but wanted some things added and just different. So I started writing this. Just about the time I finished, Budda released WPlanner 3.0, a rewritten version. So I sat on this for a while. Figured it was time to release it.

Give it a try, pretty much works like the old WPlanner but with some things enhanced. It reads and loads WPlanner 3.0 maps, so no need to remap your settlement. If you have the token on your map, check the Settlement dropdown menu to define your settlement. If not, place one, you'll be glad you did.

• Every tool has a blank selection, use this instead of an eraser
  • Every tool understands right clicking as a tool picker (Terrain, Fences, Objects, Color Overlay)
  • Settlement Config. Each token object placed allows for complete village definition. Deed and Perimieter Lines are shown on the map (Surface and Cave). No Need to drawn them or fix when resize
  • Show Surface and Cave at same time (no need to toggle back and forth)
  • Shift-Right Click to rotate objects. More positions
  • Map Overlay
    • Load another map and overlay the current. Move the overlay map around with the arrow keys to line up roads. Paste overlay map to current
    • Shift-Left Click to highlight a portion of the map. Copy(ctl-C)/Cut(ctl-x) selection to the Map overlay
    • Move sections of the map
    • Load a different map and past overlay. Copies sections of the map to over maps
    • Combine two maps into one easily

[*]Tools

• Village Planner - Stand alone or drop a token object on the map
    • House Planner
    • Season Tracker
    • Healing Covers - Calculates what can be made with items you have
    • Divine for Water - Helps find water, highlight section, then invoke tool. Allows for easy landmarks
    • Meditation/Prayer/General Timers
    • Skill Display from skill dumps
    • Formual Page. Calculates several formulas for you

Wurm Character - NiVox

• Like 2

There seems to be a problem running this.  It keeps asking for .net 4.0 even though its installed.  I even tried reinstalling .net 4.0 then running windows update to check for updates for it, and it still asks for it.  Im running Windows 7 64bit.

I also am running Windows 7 64 bit. Runs fine for me. I assume it is asking you for .Net 4.0 as you run the app? or when you are installing it?If its during the install, I just started experimenting with the Visual Studio installer (Although I also run it and worked as expected). Try downloading the zip and just extracting the files to your directory.

I also noticed that the install is not setting up a shortcut. Have to figure out how to make it do that.

I looked in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64 and the version I have installed is v4.0.30319

When is it asking you and is it possible to screen shot of type what the actual error is?

Same issue here. I also tried using the zip file but it says I need to install .NET Framework 4.0. I already have it and also tried repairing it, but to no avail. :-\

Runs fine for me. Did you use Buddha's Wurm Planner code for this, or make it all yourself? Looks exactly the same as his but with the extra bits/tools added on. Will play with it properly later on, looks nice though.  :D

All

.Net 4.0 comes in two version, Full and Client, Client ins most likely what is installed on your PCs, but the program is looking for the full version. After reading more on the differences and whats what, I changed the program to only require the client and posted a new version 1.2.1. Sorry for the confusion and hope this does fix the problem you were experiencing.  The install version also creates a shortcut in the Start Menu as it should have.

Fattox,

When i started I was using WPlanner myself and just wanted more (specifically deed lines. I was using the red and pink fences but got tired of redrawing them everytime I resized my deed, and I was drawing them on Surface and cave). I looked at the interface and theres only so many ways you can do a map, so yes it does look alot alike. However Budda has made changes and reworked his UI, those changes I didnt like I didnt do. Specifically in having multiple erasers and tool pickers. I also dont have the undo that Budda painstakingly put in and I applaud him for. Currently dont know how I would do it. The only actual code I looked at in WPlanner was the save code specifically to be able to load WPlanner maps. Wplanner is Java, Army Knife is C#, while the language syntax is similar, many of the controls  work differently and due to the map overlay feature, a lot of the behind the scenes code is different. I did send a copy of the program to Budda about a month ago to get any input from him, but never heard back.

As fattox pointed out it is similiar to WPlanner with extra bits and tools. The tools are nice to have in one place, but I wanted to point out some of the extra bits that is the whole reason I wrote it.

Deed and Perimiter lines drawn for you, and reflect deed size changes. Plus you get the deed calculator tool built in.

Seeing surface and cave at the same time. Yes you can toggle, but I used it to line up some things. Plus you can still edit the active layer even though the other is being shown.

Highlighting a section of the map, copy/cut to the overlay, move around and paste. Helps fix those times I found I counted wrong and a portion of my map was off a tile or two. You can also load a map, mark a section, copy to overlay, then load another map, and them paste the overlay. Used to combine two maps together.

In WPlanner (Prior to 3.0, havent tried in the new) when you had terrain selected you can right click and pick a terrain from the map, you dont have to use the tool picker icon. But it always bugged me it didnt work for fences, objects, and overlay colors. I made sure it did in this program.

Also might note you can rotate fences as well as objects, really only useful for getting that door to point the right way, but you can do it.

I had originally planned on a world mode, where people could send you maps, then via the overlay they could be added into a larger map of the entire world. That way individual maps could be maintained but easily combined into a larger map that could be saved to an image with each tile represented as a pixel maybe. Most of the code is still there to support it, but some features made it harder to support, and I wanted the feature more, since I doubted enough people would send in maps to map a very large section of the world. But its there for future development.

Got the following error deleting a item (happened twice now both BSB and Forge)

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at WurmMapper.MapDrawingPanel.MapDrawingPanel_MouseClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at WurmMapper.MapDrawingPanel.MapDrawingPanel_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

WurmArmyKnife

Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0

Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Unknown/WurmArmyKnifeSetup/WurmArmyKnife.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.2

Assembly Version: 10.2.6.0

Win32 Version: 10.2.6.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Unknown/WurmArmyKnifeSetup/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.2.DLL

DevExpress.Utils.v10.2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Unknown/WurmArmyKnifeSetup/DevExpress.Utils.v10.2.DLL

DevExpress.Data.v10.2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Unknown/WurmArmyKnifeSetup/DevExpress.Data.v10.2.DLL

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

Accessibility

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Ok happens if you delete an item that is not there (i clicked just to the right of it both times)

Thanks Ill look at that as tomorrow and put some more try excepts around it.

Really using the object eraser tool is just putting a new object in its place (index 0). The call stack will be very helpful.

Currenlty working on the Meditation timers sections, seems to be a lot of desire for something like that.

Also thinking about skill sump parsing (actually have never dumped my skills before so this should be interesting)

Ok so the removing an item code was ok til I had to add checking if the item you removed was a token. Then something special happens. Seems it didnt check to see if tehre was an item to remove when it checked to see if that item was a token. This means that if you click anywhere on the map with the delete object you will get that exception. Fixed. Will post as soon as i can as I am in the middle of doing some meditation timers.

If you havent dropped a token object on the map, do so. Its one of the reasons I wrote this.

Needed to have the .Net framework for some development tools years ago anyways, so no problems there. Kept it updated since then  :-*

On another matter... not meaning to be picky, its handy already; however, needs more tools  ;D

Is there a way to add houses to the village plan?  Ive looked for wood or stone house graphics to add, but cant find them.

This program is awesome, the season tool which keeps time is awesome, though seems to not keep time with the game accurately, but a great idea.  All thats missing is the ability to make it a 3d map of the village, in which we could add elevation and then go into a 3d, "google earth" type view, as if walking through the village.  But thats just dreaming, extremely hard to do im sure.

Great program, spent some time today entering my village.  Oh, one more wishlist feature would be graphics to add trees, and the type of trees, like an oak tree here, a willow there, that kind of thing.

Great work.

Klaa, what tools would you like? Working on Meditation Timer. Then onto something for Skill dumps.

Kin. I would love elevation. Just dont know how to have the user enter the data, there are a lot of issues with it. All the tiles are 32x32 graphic .png files. I am not really an artist :) If you or anyone wants to send in 32x32  .png files I would be happy to add them. I assume these would be terrain tiles and not objects placed on a tile considering you can only have one tree per tile and its always grass.

All

Posted 1.2.2 fixing the bug reposted by bvierra concerning removing objects. Had hoped to have meditation done as well, but work is not cooperating with me.

A timer and/or stopwatch for various deals - horse breeding, meditation, prayer, etc - would be handy for others; though, I have such already with my keyboard.

Added Meditation and Prayer timers to 1.3.0

Per Character

Saved across program invocations

Tracks next meditation level advance

Questions:

For breeding timers, just a straight up 45 minute countdown? or would like like a timer per bredding pairs (I dont breed yet so not sure on the level of detail)

For skill dumps. What to do with them? Besides just displaying I assume a color coding for skills over a user set level, and then a copy to clipboard for a paste to the forum. Perhaps a comparision between two different dumps.

Questions:

For breeding timers, just a straight up 45 minute countdown? or would like like a timer per bredding pairs (I dont breed yet so not sure on the level of detail)

For skill dumps. What to do with them? Besides just displaying I assume a color coding for skills over a user set level, and then a copy to clipboard for a paste to the forum. Perhaps a comparision between two different dumps.

Would be nice if graphs could be generated of your skill progress (by loading in all the skilldumps you have made while playing wurm).

Besides that, the army knife looks very good :)

** Maybe combine some of the stuff of the wurm-helper program, but I'm not sure the creator would find it good that you put his stuff in your program (like the weightcarrying calculation, what you can do with your current body control, ...). It would make yours pretty much "complete" tho.

** A little wurm calendar tool would be nice to, where you can add stuff to certain wurm days:

For example you highlight day of the ant in week 2 of the leaf starfall 1014 and add little notes like: "Olives ripe"  "Player x joined our town" "foal x born with these traits:..."  stuff like that, so when you hover over the day thats highlighted, a window would pop up showing the notes you added to that day.)

** I keep thinking out loud, but perhaps some tool (not even sure this can be done überhaubt) that reads your event logs and gets damage information out of it. So a player could create a graph keeping track of how fast and how much a certain item/house/wall takes damage.

You would examine it every 2/3 days ingame, and then the program would load in the data of said object you examined and plot a graph

(the program would be able to filter out a certain item by the "ql" in the examined eventlog, so you can examine more then 1 wall for example and its sorts all the "41ql" messages, "20ql messages" etc... since ql stays the same for an item, only damage changes.

Anyways, just a few random thoughts. :P

Coolboy and I have been talking, so you may see them combined.

Getting some kind of graph wouldnt be a problem at all.

Would the log an damage on a wall be able to tell the difference between walls. I mean you would have to make sure its the same wall every time and not do multiple walls.

Timers seem to be working fine for me though.

Decided to give this a go. I like a lot of the things you're adding, but the lack of undo is extremely critical... I loaded up one of my w2 maps, spent a fair amount of time getting the settlement stuff setup, making a few adjustments here and there then toggled the cave layer to work on my cave system... after making changes to the cave layer, I switched back to surface and found that it overwrote my surface layer.. with no way to fix it aside from reloading the saved file. Very frustrating to lose all that work.

Edit:

Also, you might want to consider moving the various other tools away from help... maybe create a "utility" or "tools" menu? I searched all over for them, and found them in help only after I'd given up and was making sure I had the right version. :)

Edit 2:

Decided to create a new map and overlay the old map on top of it for copying... when you toggle the overlay visibility off, then on again, it does not remember its position and gets shoved back to 0,0. (old map was smaller than the new map)

didnt read though all post. but the house planner is not calculating right. a 1x16 needs 50 carp. but ur program is stating under 30

other then that. wow. great program. reminds me of the old asheron's call days with all the tools like this around to help out

Validate, I brought up the house calculate and put in a 1 x 16 house an it reports skill of 50. Could you provice a screen shot or tell me how you entered the tiles. Perhaps theres a bug in a sequesnce somewhere and Im not doing what you are doing. I tried laying it vertically and horizontally in case that was it. Both report 50 for me.

Balsimar, An undo function would be very nice, but as I understand what it would take to do, I just dont see me putting forth that much effort. What Im really concerned about is how the changes you amde to the cave system altered the upper level. Had there been an undo you would have lost all the cave changes to get the surface changes back, so you would have lost changes eitehr way, the real root is the surface should not have been altered and thats the real bug. Can you provide any information as to what happened?

as more and more tools get added, probably will have to do that. The tools are "helping" ya though arent they :)

Will look into the repostitioning of the overlay map.