Sign in to follow this  
Trencal

Deliverance Updated Map

The very peak of the large mountain, 10x 12y I think is right, is my deed 'Eye of Terror'.

Good job btw.

Updated, I dont believe i ever had Darkenstone Keep on the map, I couldn't find it.

I have Darkenstone, Darkenstone Peak and Darkenstone South Outpost

I think there was a missname, between Peak and Keep. Right now neither exists.

You might want to add a disbanded settlement marker to the map, so that people don't think there is empty space to deed. Most of the times there are still several intact Writs for month after disbanding.

Updated, I dont believe i ever had Darkenstone Keep on the map, I couldn't find it.

You might want to add a disbanded settlement marker to the map, so that people don't think there is empty space to deed. Most of the times there are still several intact Writs for month after disbanding.

Even if a deed is disbanded there may be people living on the site, and by adding a disbanded settlement marker doesn't really help much.

Im going to keep using DarkMalice's key, it worked well for well over a year.

Updated!

(make the map a file smaller by reducing color to 256. And reduce resolution, although this looks like its already been done)

Definitely not! In certain areas we have so many map details - for those the current map already is a bit crude. I would even prefer a higher resolution map if we had one!

I made a mistake. Resolution (pixel per cm) only affects physically printing out the file. I agree we should not make the image smaller then 2048x2048 pixels. Higher resolution seems excessive since the map is one pixel per tile. Please explain why something like 4 pixel per tile would be useful. Now, reducing the color count to 256 colors (its nearly 4000 in its original form) does make the file about 3/4 smaller. Why we would need more then 256 colors for the map?

In regards to your 2d comment, It might be possible to do a statical analysis of each pixel to remove the elevation shading. Just a guess and I have no idea how to do it.

(make the map a file smaller by reducing color to 256. And reduce resolution, although this looks like its already been done)

Definitely not! In certain areas we have so many map details - for those the current map already is a bit crude. I would even prefer a higher resolution map if we had one!

I made a mistake. Resolution (pixel per cm) only affects physically printing out the file. I agree we should not make the image smaller then 2048x2048 pixels. Higher resolution seems excessive since the map is one pixel per tile. Please explain why something like 4 pixel per tile would be useful. Now, reducing the color count to 256 colors (its nearly 4000 in its original form) does make the file about 3/4 smaller. Why we would need more then 256 colors for the map?

In regards to your 2d comment, It might be possible to do a statical analysis of each pixel to remove the elevation shading. Just a guess and I have no idea how to do it.

You seem to know a little about graphics and how it work, but you miss the point that if you retract colors ie meld them with others that are close to them we will miss alot of details in the map. Now that we have a good map lets not make i work less good by taking away details.

yes its quite big but now days most have good speeds on their internet and if they arent well they have to live with a little longer dl time.

If it takes a little longer use that time to make som coffee or something...

The only way i could see it work are to divide the map in several parts, maybe 4 or so. But that would mean more work for the people handling the map so its up to them.

You seem to know a little about graphics and how it work, but you miss the point that if you retract colors ie meld them with others that are close to them we will miss alot of details in the map. Now that we have a good map lets not make i work less good by taking away details.

yes its quite big but now days most have good speeds on their internet and if they arent well they have to live with a little longer dl time.

If it takes a little longer use that time to make som coffee or something...

The only way i could see it work are to divide the map in several parts, maybe 4 or so. But that would mean more work for the people handling the map so its up to them.

The map is 4.7 mb as is.

I could produce a Low resolution one thats around 1 mb and have the high res, wouldn't be too much work for me.

Updated OP.

Original Map is updated and still High res, Produced a low res that uses 8-bit colors, Around 1.08 MB.

New Ultimarus Armory @ 45x 21y no longer exsists and Mt New ultimarus has a mailbox so does New Ultimarus.

My deed Vulcan Outpost is located right between Deworio Reborn and Norwegian Wood (which I believe recently disbanded).

The location is around 32,5x , 46y. The deed has a mailbox.

CMCmapedit.png

my 3 deeds Crystal marsh cove Cmc stables and Cmc hilltop which was skingrad (which droped yesterday) also Fort Draons deed dropped last week as well

Did a new walk around Nightmare Lake with the detail map in hand. Please see below for updated map, and also a few notes:

• Kastuul isn't at 32x 14y, you've got it twice on the map (again at 35x, 34y, so it's probably there)
  • Guard towers spotted at Hillbilly Heaven and Carisann
  • Carisann also has a merchant

Dotted roads means I didn't travel them all the way, but either traveled them recently or could see them from afar.

Thanks for picking up the Deli map :)

bpi5.PNG

Did a new walk around Nightmare Lake with the detail map in hand. Please see below for updated map, and also a few notes:

• Kastuul isn't at 32x 14y, you've got it twice on the map (again at 35x, 34y, so it's probably there)
  • Guard towers spotted at Hillbilly Heaven and Carisann
  • Carisann also has a merchant

Dotted roads means I didn't travel them all the way, but either traveled them recently or could see them from afar.

Thanks for picking up the Deli map :)

bpi5.PNG

Thank you for the great detailed map of that area.

Updated it to that, Will take names for lakes and input them.

Updated. Seems to be filling up nicely.

EDIT:

Another update, Pretty big update of the southern part of GD to the coast.

Hi Trencal it was nice meeting you :) The southwest area is looking good. Can you please put my deed on, its at 37y, 6x. on top of that mountain, Pie in the Sky. Also, there is clay just north of Bay of Dreams on the coast.

Thanks

Stacia

You might have misunderstood this.

Darkenstone Keep has disbanded.

Darkenstone Peak never existet.(afaik)

However Darkenstone South outpost is still there. (you removed it from the map though)

You might have misunderstood this.

Darkenstone Keep has disbanded.

Darkenstone Peak never existet.(afaik)

However Darkenstone South outpost is still there. (you removed it from the map though)

Updated The map, Hopefully that is how it should be.

Please add Helix 14y 16x. It's right on the corner where the road from Asgard meets the main road. On the South side of thier road.

made changes. disband dark hand of valor. moved. vynoraa farms and towere. the farms is larger deed now. and addedd ghost miner deed

and a new tower behind new dark hold

6543285219_ca5c520352.jpg

Thanks again for continuing the map.

We'd like our new village, Hidden Pines (40.5x, 13.2y), added to the map please. It's on the North-East coast.

The image below illustrates the exact location.

hiddenpines.png

Thanks much!

Sir Rick