Sign in to follow this  
ninjakiss

Yet another Ninjanerf

I agree, I think not disclosing exactly how mechanics work promotes community and discussion.  After they have been implemented, changing things on the fly and not telling anyone is counterproductive so some more documentation would be welcome.

However, in this particular case it is unclear if this is an intended change or a bug.

Also, if this is a beta then I'm a banana.  Beta ends when you start charging people money to play, despite what a developer might claim.

Not really.. If Rolf says its a beta game becuase it is still being developped, then it is. He has to make money somehow to keep working on it, so thats only fair.

Maybe Beta isnt the right word for it perse, but everyone knows very well that the game is still changing every day. You know it happened, and you know it'll happen again.

I agree, I think not disclosing exactly how mechanics work promotes community and discussion.  After they have been implemented, changing things on the fly and not telling anyone is counterproductive so some more documentation would be welcome.

However, in this particular case it is unclear if this is an intended change or a bug.

Also, if this is a beta then I'm a banana.  Beta ends when you start charging people money to play, despite what a developer might claim.

Not really.. If Rolf says its a beta game becuase it is still being developped, then it is. He has to make money somehow to keep working on it, so thats only fair.

Maybe Beta isnt the right word for it perse, but everyone knows very well that the game is still changing every day. You know it happened, and you know it'll happen again.

Did you just call me a banana?  ;D

Seriously though, the majority of games in this genre are in constant development, just because it is changing everyday doesn't make it a beta.  In my mind the defining quality between beta phase software and release phase software is money.  The game might not be much beyond what we might call a beta but because we are paying to play it is a released product.  If we disagree on that definition then fair enough.

I understand why we are paying money to play it and I'm happy with that, but a paid beta? pull the other leg, it's got bells on.

Wow alot of hate in here. Point remains however. Changes like this to fundamentals should be noted.

wurm is a game of discovery, sometimes i prefer to actually work stuff out for myself. its has a more realistic flare to it.

Its on Wiki

"When you lose champion status you lose 1 extra point in every stat on top of the 5 you gained when you became champion. Your channeling is reset to what it was before. Faith is set to 50. You can't become a champion for a year in real life time."

I updated that on the wiki as soon as Tonygreen told us about it so that it would warn other players.