Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WPlanner V3.0.0 - Wurm Mapping Program - Patch for broken maps

did Budda decide to abandon this? its sad to not have a working way to plan deeds.

• Like 1

So trying to get this working for a friend... some things to know... i do start the program using a shortcut to the .jar file... not the .exe file... and weirdly... that file is just sitting in my downloads folder.. nothing special about it... 

the last 4 lines of my config file are... 

[Application]

Application Type=gui

[Class Path]

Class Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\BuddaT.net\WPlanner\WPlanner.jar;

this is a snapshot of the file im using... the size and stuff ;) if that matters to anyone :) 

http://snag.gy/IARY5.jpg    not sure how long that will stay up ;) 

the correct jar is only like 969k for me in size... and i double click that to open it.... wplanner uses 32 java as well.... make sure u have 32bit installed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1751617/wplanner/WPlanner.jar this is the jar file you need... delete the other one that came with the install. 

i uploaded to my dropbox a working version of wurmplanner,with the fixed jar included and a graphics.jar dummy so it works anywhere even if you dont have wurm installed and it wont screw up your plans when wurm client its updated like using the real graphics.jar does.

changed the config.ini this way so it works no matter where you put it.

registry.use = false# If above is true, disregard this linedir.install.wurm = Graphicsdummydir.objects = data/objectsdir.fences = data/fencesdir.save.default = Plansinstance.single = false

graphicsdummy its a folder i made that containers a packs folder with a dummy graphics jar i made that only contains the files in "graphics\texture\terrain" which are the only files the wurmplanner uses.

i made it for my own use but i guess it could be good for others.

just need to extract the zip file somewhere and open WPlanner.jar
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/a2co2khp9t0nske/wurmplannerfixed.zip

• Like 1

i uploaded to my dropbox a working version of wurmplanner,with the fixed jar included and a graphics.jar dummy so it works anywhere even if you dont have wurm installed and it wont screw up your plans when wurm client its updated like using the real graphics.jar does.

changed the config.ini this way so it works no matter where you put it.

registry.use = false# If above is true, disregard this linedir.install.wurm = Graphicsdummydir.objects = data/objectsdir.fences = data/fencesdir.save.default = Plansinstance.single = false

graphicsdummy its a folder i made that containers a packs folder with a dummy graphics jar i made that only contains the files in "graphics\texture\terrain" which are the only files the wurmplanner uses.

i made it for my own use but i guess it could be good for others.

just need to extract the zip file somewhere and open WPlanner.jar

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/a2co2khp9t0nske/wurmplannerfixed.zip

+1

Thanks Tpikol, I did this myself too, so I could create the angled cobblestone and other custom tiles that never showed.  Further, I re-directed the objects to a custom folder and and lightened the packs (deleting everything non-used by wurmplanner inside the pack files).  I now have all tree types and some custome hedges I photoshop'd.

Tpikol has a good basis built for anyone looking to do custom tile and object work for their maps.

It should be noted if you rename the path folder wurmplanner searches incorrectly, it will overwrite your config file with the default.  Make a backup before you run it so you don't lose your edits!

customewplannerimage.png

Edited by Nomadikhan

refuses to locate java. is somehow convinced java is not in the installed location. or simply will not access it.

so the program will not start.

i realy like this best mapping program, so i was very sad when it stops working after wurm graphics changed,

i found exactly 2 problems:

first(solved) : wplanner need 32-bit java, so i put it into wplanners directory, when it is not installed in system,

second(unsloved): config.ini of wplanner automatically search for wurm installation folder, and i cannot change path for graphics.jar,

Edited by kgorski

Since the deedplanner is not working for me i try to use Buddha's. Did it many years ago and it worked fine. Actually i could not start it, it hung when building terrain at 0%.

Then i tried Tpikols link a few posts above, and this works, but i dont have any icons in the editor, like grass and rock and all that, its just empty.

When i start the program, i have to chose something in some files, maybe those icons the program wants, but i dont have them. i deinstalled the original wurmplanner. All those programs need that much work and effort to even get them to run, is there no normal working little wurm deed designer ´? I dont need 3d or nude maidens on it, just a litle 2d planner where i can plan houses and fences

On 2.6.2014 at 0:55 AM, Nomadikhan said:
On 1.6.2014 at 1:26 PM, Budda said:

Working on an update (rewrite) now that loads the needed files from a webserver instead of requiring you to have Wurm installed.

Bit of a preview below, way the gui works means it leaves open the option for me to allow custom skinning of the program via CSS, different themes etc.

preview4.PNG

Awesome to hear!  Can we get the option to specify our own files or locations for files?  I have custom terrain I'm working on that's not in graphics.jar, tree objects, hedge fences etc..

Now, 20 months later, may i ask if there is a update of your work at a new wurm planner ?

Because actually there is no deed planner out working smoothly. the new one is good for devs and programmers but not for normal people to use. But we need one too.

Edited by Sizan