Sign in to follow this  
tonygreeen

Discussion topic

maybe not  friend but the death of doctorchaos account does have something to do  with it

Theres no point playing what ifs on Doctorchaos's death, like friend said someone else would of stepped forward to deed him if it wasn't Doughboy.

Doughboy does need to be punished though.

Maybe take some equipment or money from doughboi account as compensation and throw into BL/MR lands in a chest

No im not sure money went to the jk war deeds cuz i trust them when they say it. However i think loads of deeds were put up by DB and so increased jk influence through un trust worthy ways.

Maybe take some equipment or money from doughboi account as compensation and throw into BL/MR lands in a chest

why should JK as a kingdom be punished for something one person did?

If you put his money and stuff into chests of BL/MR do it for JK aswell.

I just feel concerned if not even a Wurm Developer will report bugs, who knows if just a regular player will.  

I'd of least had some respect for Doughboy had he reported it, confessed, and took the consequences, but he didn't.  Way to develop a better game.

Thats what get me too, and also the fact that rolf is leting him of because of that.

A friend of mine was once banned for macros.

What did he gain? - a couple points in mining

What did he lose? - his account and everything, he got what he deserved

What did Doughboy gain? - everything

What did he lose? - nothing

That is all.

A friend of mine was once banned for macros.

What did he gain? - a couple points in mining

What did he lose? - his account and everything, he got what he deserved

What did Doughboy gain? - everything

What did he lose? - nothing

That is all.

I think the main issue people see is if DB didnt report this and gets away with it then someone who finds an exploit later down the line will think "Hey, that doughboy guy got away with it didn't he? So surely if i use this exploit I'll be fine and not get banned since he didn't either" Then Rolf finds out, bans them and an uproar ensues.

This is why we need consistency in things people.

Exactly mate, thats why everyone and their dog thinks something should be done, even just baning DB  from the game is okay but trying to take out all the stuff jk has got from it is a bit too far becuase as said its hard to do and will afect those not invilved in it.

Really saddening if nothing is done. :-\

This.

I LOLed, then double facepalmed when I read that Rolf is letting Doughboys sound project be a factor in deciding punishment, or lack thereof.

Hey Rolf, i've a question for you:

What happens when you find out that Doughboy's sounds came from a '96 Encarta CD or something?

didnt horton buy gold from doughboy to fund hom

just saying

money for HoM has come from many sources and naturally the deed costs a lot to upkeep so it's entirely likely that doughboys hundreds of gold have reached HoM at some point.

So Doughboy should be in deeper trouble for taking the gold and selling it for real life money to other players? He's basically suckering Rolf of money like this, and he's imbalancing things and making off with cash for himself. No one knew it was tainted gold until now, the only person who should be punished is Doughboy for not reporting it and abusing it for so long.

If doughboy exploited to get money, and that money got into deeds, which went to upkeep, which went to change, which went to players, which went to kingdom, which went to everyone! OMG

So Doughboy should be in deeper trouble for taking the gold and selling it for real life money to other players? He's basically suckering Rolf of money like this, and he's imbalancing things and making off with cash for himself. No one knew it was tainted gold until now, the only person who should be punished is Doughboy for not reporting it and abusing it for so long.

This

Okay how about this, this is an example just like what has happened.

Go rob a bank, and then give some (not all) to say charities or churches, then when you are caught, you go to the court and say that.  No difference.

I really don't want to add to much to this discussion. I just want to say It is rolfs game he can decide to punish or not punish, as a player base we all have the opportunity to punish DB. Every deed in every kingdom can put DB on KOS. Making it that he can only live on his own deed.

Every player can decide to not deal with him.

If you take a player like DB that is more of a death sentence than him being perma banned. I agree that it seems some people get banned and perma banned over much less. That could just be my point of view with not having the whole story entirely.

This does make it hard for me to continue to send up dev stuff that I find when game mechanics do not seem to work right.