Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrConor

Illogical arrangements in menu.

Can't some things be put further away from each other in the menu.

Like Farm and Harvest or Tame and Feed?

Always annoying to click on the wrong one next to it.

bind esc "STOP" ;)

But you're right, the menu is quite cramped and unintuitive. A rose/radial context menu would be preferable, we'd never misclick again.

Partially it is as it is because of antibotting techniques.

But i agree some things should be put in submenu (enchanting trees for example) or given a timer or whatever.

A radial menu might not work too well, not to mention more coding, since we get on occasions different options on same item/tile or whatever.

Partially it is as it is because of antibotting techniques.

But i agree some things should be put in submenu (enchanting trees for example) or given a timer or whatever.

A radial menu might not work too well, not to mention more coding, since we get on occasions different options on same item/tile or whatever.

Everything requires coding. If the code base could just be gotten working there's no difference between filling a linear menu with options compared to a radial one. Submenus would be a necessity to make all the options fit, ofcourse.

Everything requires coding. If the code base could just be gotten working there's no difference between filling a linear menu with options compared to a radial one. Submenus would be a necessity to make all the options fit, ofcourse.

And that's exactly my point... more submenus and we get even more posts of the likes "double click food to eat".

Besides, currently there is i think only Rolf (and maybe 1 or 2 more trusted people) working on the code itself.

And they're busy fixing bugs and adding stuff many other people want.

Besides lag situations i rarely missclick. And if i see i'm lagging i am almost always ready to press the stop bind.

Another thing is a radial menu would take up more space on screen to be actually easyly readable and usable.

I may be misinterpreting this, but I recall Rolf stating on his blog that such "a number of bugs has been fixed to the extent that we’re actually running out of notable ones". If Epic is 10 weeks away and Rolf is more or less ready to call Wurm 1.0 afterwards, there's definitely resources available for upgrading to a more user-friendly menu system.

If you're among the bunch that rarely misclick in menus thanks to lag - lucky you, but you are in high minority. Radial menus would be such a significant improvement, a paradigm change, that all the advantages would easily pay off compared to development time. It is no coincidence that all major FPS games of today use radial menus for quick access to commands. There are many variations of radial menus; deep, shallow, transparent, opaque, navigated by mouse or directional buttons (QWEASD) etc. Finding a the right one for Wurm in terms of obstructiveness and access would be no problem. The current menu is neither properly readable nor usable, so a radial menu would be an upgrade for most.

it would be damn nice if i could drag menu options around and pin them into place(within the menu obviously), and later unpin them if i need to move them again.

Khem, is this a shooter? i don't think so... there each split of a second counts, here, you have multiple seconds to pick your next action... usually.

I agree that the positioning of some isn't very good, but radial menu just doesn't fit into RPGs.

it would be damn nice if i could drag menu options around and pin them into place(within the menu obviously), and later unpin them if i need to move them again.

what so nothing good ever happens because of botophobia.

im sure people still use bots today, i dont care how good the devs are, there is always someone out there that thinks they wont get caught.

personally i dont see the point of botting. but you cant limit a feature for fear of them either. if you wanted to stop bots 100%, turn the game off.

People will pirate software as much as people bot or corruption occurs in government.

It is inevitable, but depending on what is done, it can be decreased. Often it causes problems for people who are innocent.

I can't see many people botting, how many people bot? About 5 out of everybody?

to be honest, while playing the game i feel like bot. how else can you call doing 400, 15 second long actions

Perhaps so, but making it easier to use bots, gives the incentive to try them out.

And please get back to the subject.