Sign in to follow this  
Gorbachyov

World in Balance Reborn: Dawn of a New World

World in Balance Reborn - Dawn of a New World

A text and picture based game of empirical conquest!

worldinbalanceblanksmal.jpg

World Map: http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/8569/worldinbalanceblank.jpg

World Geography:

1 kilometer = 1 pixel (The world has a circumerance of 4000 kilometers)

Mountains (Brown) - Impassable terrain. Later game (once black powder is invented) it can be tunneled through for trade routes. (Add +1EP to cost for every 10km)

Deserts (Yellow) - Uncontrollable terrain. Units can pass over it. Until 1200AD 1-100 chance of units dying in Desert. 1-# of units is death, # rolled = death toll

Nation List:

Gorbachyov (Gray)

MrConor (Gold)

BlazerX (Dark Blue)

Slon (Dark Red)

Rounds:

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

How it works:

Players send me PM's with their nation's actions (A sheet will be below for action submissions) and I compile these action PM's into a turn. The turn reflects the combined actions of all empires, along with each 'empire' information sheet detailing the basic information, technologies attained, and the actions of the turn itself for that empire. If you've played World in Balance before, you know what to expect. I intend to provide quality game rounds like RedSyndicate has in the past.

Rules:

Combat: When armies meet I determine the total strength and health of both armies (below) and then based on those numbers, determine the outcome of the battle based on a random number roll.

For example, if two armies meet both with a combined strength and health of 25, then I roll 1-50. If the number lands on 1-25 the defender wins (With the number that's landed on being how many defending troops are lost) and if it lands on 26-50, the attacker wins (With the number that's landed on being how many attacking troops are lost, 1 being the highest number and all but one being the lowest).

In short, I add the strength/health together then roll 1 through that number to determine the winner.

Bonuses: When an army has techs that another doesn't, that army gets +1 to their roll for each tech. For example, say above Army A has Crossbows and Chainmail and Army B has Steel Swords. One tech cancels each other out, leaving Army A with a bonus of 1. Therefore, Army A now wins on 1-26 and Army B wins on 27-50.

Economy: Most of the economic side of the game is broken into two kinds of 'points'. Economic Points used to purchase advanced units, defenses, and buy/upgrade settlements, and Research Points, used to fund research. Most of it is explained in the picture below. What isn't will be explained here.

Trade Routes- When you form a trade route between two cities, there is no limit to range. Instead, dependant on the type of trade route, it takes a certain amount of time for the 'trader' to reach the other city and gain you the Economic Points you would get from. Each turn the trader travels that many kilometers along the route. If they reach the city, you get the allotted number of Economic Points that turn. Additionally, if the travel distance for that trader exceeds the destination, it will automatically start heading back.

Research- When committing Research, you spend a certain number of Research Points to determine the funding for that project. 1 point is minimal funding (Slow research), 2 points is Moderate funding (Normal research), and 3 points is Maximum funding (fastest research). Research Progress is determined by the same formula used by RedSyndicate in his World in Balance game: T=(n+f)/2

T = Total Tech Gain

n = Random number 1-50

f = Funding

Funding determines the difficulty of the research.

1 RP = No Bonus

2 RP = +2

3 RP = +4

Here is an image detailing and explaining all of the economic structures available at the start:

economicstructures.jpg

More structures will be unlocked later in the game as technology progresses.

Defensive Structures:

defensivestructures.jpg

More will be unlocked later in the game as technology progresses.

Units:

xf98br.jpg

More will be unlocked later in the game as technology progresses.

This is all I can think of regarding pertinent information right now. I'll answer any questions asked though.

Nation Sheet: (To be PM'd to me)

Nation Name:

Flag:

Colour:

Religion:

Anthem: (Link to a song + Name)

Capitol City Name:

Action Sheet: (To be PM'd to me)

-When adding actions to the action sheet, please try to keep it as brief as possible while retaining clarity.

-All actions within an action category are to be prefaced with a hyphen. One hyphen indicates a Primary or the first task/action. Two hyphens indicates a secondary or follow-up action after the first is completed. etc.

Religious and Law/State Matters:

Military Research:

Scientific Research:

Medical Research:

Colonization:

Military Conquests:

Military Economy:

State Economy:

Diplomacy:

To join, fill out the nation sheet and send it to me via PM along with a (cropped) map showing where you want to start. On Sunday, November 22nd I will start the game by posting the first turn which shows all the player nations and the map with them on it. At this time, current players send in their turns and new players may still join (when joining a progressing game as a new player, you may send in an action sheet along with your information. You get 5 Economy Points and 5 Research Points to start off.

Yeah. I figured I'd get a wider audience on this forum rather than Facepunch's. Maybe get some old WiB addicts into the game.

Yeah. I figured I'd get a wider audience on this forum rather than Facepunch's. Maybe get some old WiB addicts into the game.

:-\

Supremacy 1914 is where it's at now.  8)

Supremacy 1914 is a fun game, but it doesn't allow for the level of customization and control that World in Balance does. I love the game, and I know others do too. I don't see why both can't co-exist.

Supremacy 1914 is a fun game, but it doesn't allow for the level of customization and control that World in Balance does. I love the game, and I know others do too. I don't see why both can't co-exist.

Time

People keep throwing that at me, and I have got to wonder exactly what they expect it to accomplish.

If you don't have enough time in your life to look over Supremacy 1914, set troop movements (which take several hours usually), and take 5-10 minutes at the most to write up a quick action list for World in Balance you really shouldn't be on the computer anyway.

People keep throwing that at me, and I have got to wonder exactly what they expect it to accomplish.

If you don't have enough time in your life to look over Supremacy 1914, set troop movements (which take several hours usually), and take 5-10 minutes at the most to write up a quick action list for World in Balance you really shouldn't be on the computer anyway.

Difficult to stay away?

Me not like map, me not play :P

Me too, but im still playing because theres nothing else left.

I'm just glad that this one has the whole EP RTS resource thing going on, not just "ME WANT TO EXPAND X TO POINT Y N STUFF" crap.

Wait a minute, why don't we just replace EP with florins or denarii?

And RP with scientists or something.

Like it seems better instead of naming it a point.

"ME WANT TO EXPAND X TO POINT Y N STUFF"

Stop finding out my plans!

Because it makes it easier for me, Conor.

Conor, Troy, what's wrong with the map specifically? I can always change it around a bit.

Because it makes it easier for me, Conor.

Conor, Troy, what's wrong with the map specifically? I can always change it around a bit.

It doesn't seem to have as much unique stuff like the earth, for example Italy is a boot, in some places are big inland seas or lakes or river systems, this just kinda seems a bit dull compared to the earth.

Like if you did it up a bit i would like it quite a bit.

I'll talk to RedSyndicate and see if maybe he'd do some work on the map. I spent like 5 hours on this thing, and honestly the idea of going into it again other than to do nations makes me kinda sick.

Maybe it's just me but the map already seems kind of cluttered, but I'll see if Syn will touch it up a bit. He's good with that.

Ok. As it goes, I'm keeping the current map. There's nothing really wrong with it, as it has all of the unique stuff that Earth has, just in different shapes. Syndicate informed me that it's most likely a psychological attachment to what's known (Earth).

As another note, there's been a bit of confusion about the brown and yellow spots on the map.

Brown = Mountain Range:

Early game, Mountain Ranges are completely impassable. Later game you can make tunnels through them for Trade Routes for a bit extra EP per certain amount of kilometers to save time on trips.

Yellow = Desert

Deserts are uncontrollable territory (no cities can be built there, no territory claimed by any one nation) but you can move armies and other units across them. Early game (up until around 1200AD) armies passing through deserts have a chance to die of heat stroke or dehydration. (1-100, 1-# of armies and they die with that number being the death count, above that no one dies that round)

I don't see no Mother Russia on it..I'll have to make a new Mother Russia..

I'll call it "New Russia".

And i will make a country too called... urhm.

Sod it.

I shall wait.

Round 1: 5000 BC

And Inara said unto the world "Let what has been done be undone, what once was shall never be again." and then there were five.

worldinbalanceworldmaps.jpg

World Map: http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8927/worldinbalanceworldmapsf.jpg

Religion Map: http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6617/worldinbalancereligionm.jpg

Blue-Grey - Inarianism

Pale-Red - Cult of the Tiberium Dawn

Gold - Apolrenia

Dark-Red - Orthodox Slonism

Dark-Blue - Axinism

bonflag.jpg

Brotherhood of Nod (Pale-Red, Wipeout)

Capitol City: Cairo

Anthem: No Mercy

Religion: Cult of the Tiberium Dawn (100%)

Economic Status: 1 village (1EP/Turn 1 RP/Turn)

EP for Turn: 5

RP for Turn: 5

Techs: N/A

-The city-state of Cairo is founded by settling nomads and after a few years, it expands its control to a small area around the eastern side of a valley lake, south of a mountain range.

-The people of Cairo are rumoured to be tough and hardy individuals, people used to living in mountainous regions in the blistering cold of the far north.

-A strange religion emerges among these mountain-dwelling northerners known as "Cult of the Tiberium Dawn", a religion that devotes its time to waiting for a "Vessel from the outer-sky" to bring a "Rich Ichor" to the planet that will bring the people on it to a new evolutionary level.

RokFlag1.png

Novus Roma (Dark-Blue, BlazerX)

Capitol City: Tristan

Anthem: Anthem of the Angels

Religion: Axinism (100%)

-The city-state of Tristan is founded by settling nomads, and after a few years, it expands its control to the eastern third of the island it was founded on.

-The people of Tristan are rumoured to be heavy-set, thick individuals, a society that's made its home in the far south of the world, bordering some of the southern polar caps.

-Axinism emerges as the primary religion of these southern inuits, worship of an all-powerful individual that controls the fate of their peoples.

bluemoonflag.jpg

Bloodveil Empire (Blue-Grey, Gorbachyov)

Capitol City: Axori'Vanu

Anthem:

Religion: Inarianism (100%)

-The city-state of Axori'Vanu is founded by settling nomads, and after a few years it expands its control to the southern half of the island it was founded on.

-The people of Axori'Vanu are rumoured to be lithe, vicious, and deeply religious individuals, members of a society used to fighting for what they need and devoting all spare time to their goddess.

-Inarianism emerges as the only religion of these Eastern Islanders, worship of a dark goddess that controls the destructive powers of the universe, who's will is the only will.

Russian_Ground_Forces_flag.png

Slonsylvania (Dark-Red, Slon)

Capitol City: Sloningrad

Anthem:

Religion: Orthodox Slonism (100%)

-The city-state of Sloningrad is founded by settling nomads, and after a few years it expands its control to a small portion in the south-west of the small continent it was founded on.

-The people of Sloningrad are rumoured to be fierce, muscular, and deeply steeped in tradition. Members of a society with rigid guidelines of behaviour and heavy handed everything.

-Orthodox Slonism emerges as the dominant religion among these people, belief in an absolute power of the universe that controls their people with a thick accent and clear drink.

n564587178338969145yl8.jpg

Cycladian States (Gold, MrConor)

Capitol City: Croton

Anthem:

Religion: Apolrenia (100%)

-The city-state of Croton is founded by settling nomads, and after a few years it expands its control to half of the island it was founded on.

-The people of Croton are rumoured to be fiercely militaristic, industrious, and geared toward water. Members of a society with heavy military tradition and a love of the great green.

-Apolrenia emerges as the dominant religion among these people, worship of the Sun above all else as the absolute power of the universe.