Sign in to follow this  
Shydow

Sea Salt

To all those people who are wanting to change water collected from oceans/rivers, that is not what this suggestion is about. That sort of thing can be discussed in another suggestion, this is only about boiling water (of any type) in a Copper Still, and have it yield sea salt. There are many things in Wurm that do not match perfectly to real life, and the game already treats water as both fresh and seawater, so why should this be any different? The main goal of this suggestion, is to allow players an alternate, sustainable way to collect salt for cooking, mainly due to the significant number of recipes requiring salt to be used. Rock salt veins are not horribly common, and even with good milling, if you averaged 3 salt per rock salt, and mined 50 rock salt + 5 actual salt from a tile, that is only 155 salt per tile, making it difficult to sustain on a large scale.

• Like 4

I like it. Stills are a nightmare; it's not like this is an easy button. 

Just saw this, I love it. Salt is one of those things that can be hard to get hold of, and you get so little out of each shard if you have it in your mine. Villages like ours, who feed their villagers could benefit from something like this.

+1

+1 , more options are nice and this manner of extracting has some realistic implementation idea to it

We can already turn liquid source into source salt... why not be able to do the same with the not-so-salted water?

Another option would be to have salt marshes, allowing to farm salt during the summer season (new tiles models at water level).

• Like 1

I just do not see a need, to add yet another source of salt to the game.

I am also pretty sure we have fresh water everywhere.

I also really do not want to see yet another way to obtain salt.

-1 For me!

4 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

I just do not see a need, to add yet another source of salt to the game.

Well, you're obviously biased here, coming from a PvP angle, where salt is already abundant.

• Like 1

Besides stock piles of old salt, why is salt plentiful on Pvp? I find very little new salt generated lately, and use it regularly for bacon.

14 hours ago, Kelody said:

Besides stock piles of old salt, why is salt plentiful on Pvp? I find very little new salt generated lately, and use it regularly for bacon.

Check the Skirmishes threads, has a lot of info on salt.