Sign in to follow this  
Yiraia

Rename the take/load-able

There are moments i can take things, but i cant rename them. So i take them and then CAN rename them, and then put them back. Can permissions to take tie to permissions or renaming? very annoying having to pick things up or load them in a cart to rename them. Sometimes you even have to unload a crate, reload a crate, then name it (unless im dumb and missed a step which is most likely the issue)

• Like 2

For naming things I just push/pull them and it updates.

1 hour ago, cccdfern said:

For naming things I just push/pull them and it updates.

you push things that are inside of inventories? This is good to know for crates, but EX: a bunch of tools inside a bin that i didn't place with enchant names. If i re-enchant them i have to take them, rename them, and then place it back. I know its a small issue but it gets annoying when you have a situation with a bunch of tools in a container.

The ability to name things is due to being the last owner of an item, which of course, picking up and dropping sets. Sometimes the last owner is not stored, (I'm fairly sure this is during restarts?) but yeah, it's based in as mechanic, rather than a simple thing.

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The ability to name things is due to being the last owner of an item, which of course, picking up and dropping sets. Sometimes the last owner is not stored, (I'm fairly sure this is during restarts?) but yeah, it's based in as mechanic, rather than a simple thing.

Then what does the ability to pick something up based on? Can renaming be switched to match the pick up permission?

• Like 1

-sigh- Im standing next to a bunch of large and small crates, about 20, and I hate the fact I need to go get a large cart/wagon to load them to rename them. I can't keep track of what is stone bricks and what is rock shards easily.

Shameful bump--