Sign in to follow this  

So. I was actually working on building things, and then I came up with an idea: Cellars. 

ON the ground level of a house, it allows someone to dig up a hole in one of the tiles. Though, it is still limited to the 'width' of housing as normal, using the floor-level system used already, but on a negative scale rather then positive. The bigger the house, the more digging skill (or maybe mining, or both) is required to dig up the cellar, at a same rate as the carpentry skill needed to plan a building. (Expanding the house would also require the one to plan the expansion with an existing cellar to have the digging/mining skill to also do the expansion down there)

Now, what is the point of a cellar? It could have a few effects. Historically, wine ages better when placed in a cellar. 

A larder placed in a cellar also would not require snowballs to preserve food. 

The other good point of having a cellar, is security. Since the cellar is actually further underground, destroying the floor does not open the way to the cellar. The only way is through the shaft that leads down to it (stairwell, or just a trap with a ladder) ... if you placed walls inside with a locked door, folks would also need to bash down, or pick that lock to access the content of that cellar. Great for storing your valuables, but as it is impossible to actually go down there with a horse, dropping crates with stuff down there would be impossible, so only for storing small valuable objects, food without requirement of snowball, and accelerating the aging of wine slightly.

On another note, if the writ owner destroys a house with a cellar, all items in the cellar are destroyed, burried under a thick layer of dirt never to be found again. 

This is a draft of an idea I had. It might break things, or it might be impossible, but it is an idea that I like. So lets discuss about what could be broken with that, or fixed! and other possible ideas to come with it!

• Like 1