Sign in to follow this  
Vakt

Issue with Characteristic gain rate?

I've been playing WO on Serenity and recently (today) started playing WU on a server with basically vanilla settings - 1x skill gain. The rate of characteristic gains is atrocious compared to what I had become used to on WO. If I had to hazard a guess, the rate at which I gained characteristics was maybe as bad as 1/10 of what I had experienced on WO. Is this a known issue? By design? I'm hallucinating?

Anyone else seeing this?

I also noticed skill gain functioned differently: no difference in amount of skill gained based on action timer. Am I the first to notice this or is the answer "welcome to WU, noob"?

In Wurm Online skillgain tick size is usually based off timer length.

Wurm Unlimited splits timers from skillgain, and gives a basic tick comparable to the average 100 stamina no woa timer length on WO.

To counter that, in WU you get skillgain for every successful action, rather than every 1.01-39.99 result.

• Like 1

Thanks, that makes sense, and I even prefer the skill gain on successful action. I always hated having to chose whether I was going to mine/woodcut/etc for skill gains or for quality materials.

That doesn't really explain the characteristic differences though. I've been grinding a new character for ~8 hours. I spent most of that time mining, digging, smithing, woodcutting, and stonecutting and have gotten less than 0.02 body strength, for instance. 

EDIT: At the rate I'm getting mind logic from making stone bricks it would take just shy of 12,000 bricks to get 0.5 mind logic skill.

Edited by Vakt

there are mod you can add to the server which will change the rate of your gains.