Sign in to follow this  
Threap

Link forum accounts to game accounts

Link forum accounts to game accounts and remove the ability for people to post if they don't have an active subscription in some of the forums. Like pvp and suggestions. I feel like there are many stupid posts and suggestions mostly from people who are trolling and not active in the game.

While I agree with inactive people trolling the forums, I disagree with your request. Characters get bought and sold frequently and linking them to forum posts would make it impossible to know who said what when....Too great of a chance for whether one person said something or not.

• Like 1

There are a lot of people that go long periods without any active subscriptions, but they stay in sync with the game through the forums.  I really don't see much forum abuse.  Once in a while some forum pvping happens, but compare our community to any others and you will find us the most reasonable bunch of folks over all.

I once had a forum name to match a character name. I sold that character and stopped using that forum name, so I would not be associated with it anymore.  Hard linking would be too problematic.

Aye, linking ingame accounts to forum accounts would be nearly impossible to manage and would cause so many more issues than it could possibly solve, so don't count on it being added.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Aye, linking ingame accounts to forum accounts would be nearly impossible to manage and would cause so many more issues than it could possibly solve, so don't count on it being added.

It is not impossible, it is done all the time.

• Like 1