Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

Question about Wurmian years

Walking around part of Indy that hasn't been touched in quite a while (based on the MOB density).  Found a rare guard tower.  Inspected it:

[20:03:39] A high guard tower. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 48.263298, Dam: 13.878659. The name of the founder, Melimazar, has been carved into the stone above the door. 'Melimazar 946' is engraved in a metal plaque on the door.

So it was constructed in Year 946.

But the problem is:

[20:04:15] It is 19:57:47 on day of Sleep in week 3 of the starfall of the Leaf in the year of 1067.

1067 minus 946 means it was constructed 121 Wurmian years ago.

There are 42 RL days in a Wurmian year.

42 * 121 = 5082 RL days = 14 RL years ago.

Since that's obviously quite incorrect, help me out please :) What am I missing?

Thanks!

what you're missing is that numbers on guard towers are meaningless.

they are just a randomly generated number, i believe, between 1 and 999.

i guess this was mainly meant for the pvp servers as they involve tower conquering, and if it would just mention the name of the tower creator it would be utterly impossible to find the right tower.

if, for example, you look at Emoo, who has conquered a lot of towers ( https://www.niarja.com/players?utf8=✓&search=emoo ) you will see that there are multiple towers with the same creator.

• Like 1

sorry, i actually have to correct my former statement.

it is not a randomly generated number but it is the wurm id of the tower modulo 1000.

however, either way, it is not related to when the tower was created.

• Like 1