Sign in to follow this  
Reylaark

lockpicking heavily damaged containers...?

Lava is cool and useful for dealing with veins and your own unwanted stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zigozag said:

- spawn lava under it

- fence it off and wait until it decays (i've heard of people being unable to retrieve their vehicles from a house built around it by somebody whien they were on a break, GMs refused to help)

- if you're allowed to embark as passenger, lure trolls or something stronger to it and fight embarked

Fair point but this all seems very streched to me... Have no expirience with lava but is it realy that easy to spawn to present 100% posibility for abuse. Trolls if passenger and is it realistic to work? How many trolls do you need and for how long? Houses are problem when blocking people access to their vehicles, but i think that gm should be obliged to respond that under griefing if not already. But my opionin in general is whatever isnt on deed there should be a risk of loosing it by another player even on freedom...

• Like 2

I'm getting sick and tired of "It could be abused" being used as an excuse to not make the game better.
If it's abused, deal with it on a case-by-case, add it to the bloody rules, whatever. Don't use it as an excuse to limit features.  

(I sure am grumpy this morning. >.> )

• Like 2

Maybe, but in this case it most defo will be abused^^

Can someone go a bit more indepth about how this could be abused?

I saw the lava example, something which could be fixed by simply having lava not affect vehicles that belong to someone else

The fencing off thing is something that GMs can improve on

Creatures bashing vehicles could be changed to only occur when there's a commander

I'm curious about this lava thing, what prevents someone from abusing it right now? You could poof any vehicle and get all the contents inside it

Edited by Worksock
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Worksock said:

I saw the lava example, something which could be fixed by simply having lava not affect vehicles that belong to someone else

Creatures bashing vehicles could be changed to only occur when there's a commander

I'm curious about this lava thing, what prevents someone from abusing it right now? You could poof any vehicle and get all the contents inside it

hitching animals to a hitchable vehicle or mooring a boat are the only ways to currently prevent it.

hitched and moored vehicles can not be pushed and you can not light lava directly under or right next to items.

granted, you could still starve the animals to death and then push the vehicle onto the lava, however afaik taken care of animals have a lowered rate of starvation too so you really have to be inactive for someone to successfully to this.

edit: how would you determine wether or not the lava tile can burn a vehicle then? afaik tiles do not have any kind of ownership, so lava tiles do not know who lit them so they would consider any vehicle unburnable. and i for one do like to dispose of my old stuff that way.

Edited by Arium

simple fix for lava, if its locked it doesn't burn.  just like trying to burn a locked small chest because it doesn't since the lock makes wood fireproof

edit: for pve only obvs

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Worksock said:

A new mechanics shouldn't require 10 new mechanics to prevent it being abused.

Personally I think freedom should out right BAN deed looting making deeds stall their disband until everything has rotted away.

Why?

Item sinks and economic restoration. Freedom has far to much crap constantly being made and very few ways of things being removed. Prices and demand have fallen regularly and often in many fields due to this.

Often the things that do get sold are items people have looted. The cycle continues forever with new creations and local markets becoming little more the hope for the few new players that start with nothing.

I know that raiding is fun for pve etc but go raid on PvP risk and rewards.

4 hours ago, JockII said:

A new mechanics shouldn't require 10 new mechanics to prevent it being abused.

Personally I think freedom should out right BAN deed looting making deeds stall their disband until 

Please stick to the topic at hand.  You are free to create a suggestion thread for what you are suggesting as it is beyond the scope of this thread.

Best would be if you edited your post so as to allow others to stay on topic.

As for 10 new mechanics so the actual topic of this thread is not abused, that would not be the case.  Only 9 would be needed at most.

On 2017-6-22 at 6:47 PM, Reylaark said:

Background:

The spot I deeded on Xanadu had an abandoned, locked BSB on it, and an abandoned, locked small cart.

Scavenging abandoned deeds is accepted practice (as noted in the recent hunting thread), and this would give a little value to lockpicking skill on Freedom.

I was on topic and have been in regards to the op. Please read the op fully and then you can say what is on topic.

What I responded to was mentioned twice in the op.

So once again I think any deed or objects on a deed should get to a deed collapse point and then decay or instantly destroy everything on it.

So - 1 to any form of circulating the same goods but over and over.

Freedom needs an item sink to remove some stuff so that people new goods have value and can be traded. A better economy over a singular person loot gain, seems like a better trade off.

If you want to loot and lockpick go to PvP.

7 minutes ago, JockII said:

I was on topic and have been in regards to the op. Please read the op fully and then you can say what is on topic.

What I responded to was mentioned twice in the op.

So once again I think any deed or objects on a deed should get to a deed collapse point and then decay or instantly destroy everything on it.

So - 1 to any form of circulating the same goods but over and over.

Freedom needs an item sink to remove some stuff so that people new goods have value and can be traded. A better economy over a singular person loot gain, seems like a better trade off.

If you want to loot and lockpick go to PvP.

I wrote the OP.

This is not about raiding or looting.  This not related to Player vs. Player.  There is no versus.

This thread may be closed to prevent further derailment.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

I wrote the OP.

This is not about raiding or looting.  This not related to Player vs. Player.  There is no versus.

This thread may be closed to prevent further derailment.

Thanks.

What?

You clearly mentioned deed stuff, abandoned stuff and looting it. 

I gave my thoughts as a counter to your suggestion. Isn't it the purpose of a suggestion thread to take and idea scrutinize it and see if it works in theory.

27 minutes ago, JockII said:

What?

You clearly mentioned deed stuff, abandoned stuff and looting it. 

I gave my thoughts as a counter to your suggestion. Isn't it the purpose of a suggestion thread to take and idea scrutinize it and see if it works in theory.

K.

The fact that something is mentioned in the OP doesn't mean that's the debatable part of the suggestion.  What I mean is, scavenging dead deeds on Freedom is indeed viewed as acceptable behavior.  I'm not suggesting that it is or isn't, I'm merely stating the fact that it currently is.  It's labeled Background because that's all it is, just some background that explains what was in mind when I thought of the suggestion.

5 hours ago, JockII said:

Personally I think freedom should out right BAN deed looting making deeds stall their disband until everything has rotted away.

That's a suggestion.  It's a bold one that I'm sure tempted to answer, but I don't because I don't want to come back tomorrow and find this thread has ballooned to 23 pages about something that is no longer recognizable as the original suggestion.

Raiding on PvP involves live deeds, with current inhabitants.  I have no desire to raid anything.  If I come upon an area that is not deeded, not locked, but clearly has no decay or maybe has some fresh crops... obviously someone is living there and I don't touch it.  At most, I might clean up a rotted crop and replant a fresh one to help them out.

Lockpicking on PvP involves actively stealing from someone.  I have no desire to ever steal anything from anyone.  That's why I live on Freedom.

This is simply me looking at a locked item that has long ago been abandoned and will cease to exist very shortly regardless of what I do.  It's just like times I've looked at a nice lamp on a long abandoned deed, realized it was so decayed and no longer planted that I could pick it up and breathe new life into it.  That's all I have in mind here.

This was never about doing anything that would intentionally harm another, and I suggested a very high level of damage to try and avoid any loss of sleep that I have unintentionally harmed anyone.

I hope that makes sense.

• Like 1