Sign in to follow this  
Revnik

Java Crash due to OpenGL

I am about at my wit's end. This is beyond annoying. After hitting Play the screen turns black but I don't see the splash screen. Instead I see an error stating Java has crashed. When I look in Event Viewer I see it is OpenGL that caused java to bug out. 

Hardware:

GTX 1080 FTW

Core i7 6850k

Asus Strix x99

I have done:

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Java 64 (only, 32 is not present on my machine)

Uninstalled/Reinstalled nVidia drivers

Uninstalled/Reinstalled WO

Performed all of these in tandem

I can sometimes get Wurm to launch if I got into the nVidia control panel and switch the power settings, but it doesn't matter what to, max performance to adaptive, adaptive to max performance, etc. Tonight it kept crashing and crashing. I went into the file, opened settings, couldn't decide on anything to change, closed settings, hit play, magic. It worked. Is anyone else having these issues?

• Like 1

no crash log?

have you tried lowering all your graphics settings in the wurm

launcher, before logging in? if it allows you to log in with lowered

settings, then you can up the settings one by one to see which one

is causing the crash. 

also try logging in with window minimized and expandable, forget the

word. And when you log in maximize it.

i know you have a good machine, this is mostly for trying to pinpoint

any issues.

crash log reminder.

Well, looks like i'm in the same boat.

I had graphic issues, went through updating the graphic card drivers, updating java, running as admin and it worked for a bit.

Restarted the computer and now "java web launcher has stopped working" every single time I try to run the game (on a fresh reinstal, default settings, new java), launcher works fine, the game itself doesn't and sadly no, no crash logs.

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti -- so might be some Nvidia drivers related issues.

Running on the intel chipset works fine (with the usual bugs), so downgraded to a previous version of the Nvidia drivers... seems to work again (for now)

Edited by Odynn

I switched to unstable and while I still get this, and the "mouse button 0 doesn't exist," error, I just reboot and run unstable as admin. I'm not sure if this is a Razer issue or nVidia. It's annoying though. 

PS, unstable looks amazing! I have the 1080 cranking out 120 fps on a 120hz monitor on max settings. Looks incredible.