Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Midsummer on Xanadu

we can go another starting town for a extra prize? 

4 minutes ago, tamat said:

we can go another starting town for a extra prize? 

I think the event just begins at the different starter towns. It will be a month long event. 

So, not 100% positive, but pretty darn sure the answer is no. 

Correct, once completed you won't be able to collect another prize or do the event again (unless on an alt, and you'd have to be mad!)

Just to clarify incase some are wondering, it's a non combative event but not hard puzzles, so you won't die against a troll or anything,getting lost is much more likely

So need seedlings or keys for back tracking? lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Correct, once completed you won't be able to collect another prize or do the event again (unless on an alt, and you'd have to be mad!)

Just to clarify incase some are wondering, it's a non combative event but not hard puzzles, so you won't die against a troll or anything,getting lost is much more likely

Did you said "getting lost" ? :huh:

What if I want to quit in middle of it, will be I able to find my way out or I will need to ask GM to pull me out or something ?

On 6/22/2017 at 1:27 AM, Retrograde said:

Depends how good you are at juggling

[shouldn't be too long, only half of my testers didnt return, the other half said the experience was pleasant, then proceeded to curl up into a ball]

Hmmm what you mean " testers didn't return"? What happened to them? So we can get lost and lose all our stuff we carry, starve to death in middle of some bizarre maze and will not be able to retrieve our corpses ? If so, it is not MidSummer or MidSommar but some kind of MadSummer event LOL

Also 1 more question - if prizes for premium only and if there will be some other prizes except 1 final which is mask ?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Rhea said:

Did you said "getting lost" ? :huh:

What if I want to quit in middle of it, will be I able to find my way out or I will need to ask GM to pull me out or something ?

If you wish to leave midway through the event there will be the ability to wipe your progress, you would have to start from 0 again though

Hmmm what you mean " testers didn't return"? What happened to them? So we can get lost and lose all our stuff we carry, starve to death in middle of some bizarre maze and will not be able to retrieve our corpses ? If so, it is not MidSummer or MidSommar but some kind of MadSummer event LOL

I'm simply joking here, only one tester died because a troll found her, said troll has been relocated

Also 1 more question - if prizes for premium only and if there will be some other prizes except 1 final which is mask ?

The mask is a reward for all, you do not require premium to receive it

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

I'm simply joking here, only one tester died because a troll found her, said troll has been relocated

Good to see that the troll relocation program is still running :D

On 6/22/2017 at 3:38 AM, Legios said:

I see survive, and no combat skill needed... what is going on here...

That is the sense of humor part

25 minutes ago, rapidron said:

That is the sense of humor part

I just assumed it was some kind of torture chamber.. and we needed to escape, Saw-style...

Edited by Legios

Directions to glasshollow for those of us sailing there;

Glasshollow public market and harbour > Head south and up, above the fields, turn eastwards and go through the west gate. 
Head straight and you'll see the west pylon
Head to south pylon, the tree is right next to it amongst enchanted grass.

• Like 1

[19:19:06] Your are rewarded a small chest.

I have survived the maze with just a bit over 2 hours! What a maze... or should I say three! Thanks for setting such event up. :) 

3 minutes ago, Chemiq said:

is this event for active accounts premium only?

Edited by tamat

Woot, I made it and got my mask - this was awesome, thank you so much to all who organised it!

(the first how many ppl got something extra if I may ask?)

Edited by Kasumi
  • Like 1

Mazy torture ! Thanks Retro. :)

Anyone thinking of doing it make sure to take a light with you it gets dark in places.

• Like 2

Certainly torture! Think I lost my sense of humour in one of those mazes...

Got my mask, but still seem to have Xan_MS_03 at 22% - might be related with the statues sending me round in circles in the house.

Anyway, thanks Retro, and all those that helped put the event together.

Glad Midsommar to one and all.

• Like 1

Thank you staff for putting the event together! I was really missing these lately.

Luckily I had a few sheets of chequered papers and a pen so I started out with mapping out my steps, it helped a lot.

Due to RL issues I could not start it when opened, so please no one tell me if there were some fancy extra pries for the first few who completed :P

Anyone who is going to it yet: have tar, lights, food and water with you. Nothing else will be needed.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 10:33 AM, Retrograde said:

You will need

Food

Water

A sense of humour

A Pen and Paper!
slightly more important than a sense of humour, without it, you'll loose yours. 
and bring a compass. for gods sake bring a compass

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

I have to admit, I did end up making a little map in the end with pen and paper. You find yourself going in circles otherwise! 

• Like 1

how do u get the chest? only got a mask

The most frustrating part of this is not knowing to bring a personal lamp and getting completely lost in the mine since can't see 2 tiles a head of me.

• Like 1