Kingdoms on Freedom  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with concept?

• Yes, at all.
    • No, at all.
    • Yes, with some changes.
    • No, but....

Greetings good Wurmians o/

I'd like to suggest you my vision of Freedom Kingdoms. So far we have PMKs only on Chaos and Epic cluster, in short- on PvP servers, where players can truly benefit from it. We freedomers can't, wait can't we? I see huge potential of allowing freedomers to create their own kingdoms, because who said that PMKs has to fight each other all the time, we freedomers can't own peacful kingdoms? Please read it all and feedback it!

1) Idea origins.

First of all, I bet that was many suggest about freedom PMKs. And I bet that many PvP players was against it, just like many freedomers could see no point of it. I thought about it when I heard about Cosmetic Shop coming along, and when I read suggestion topic about unique player's heraldry where most people agreed for that.  Thou it's not about cosmetic shop at all, because I'd introduce some very little benefits to make it more attracting and interesting. 

2) Why Freedomer should be able and would even want to create own PMK? What are benefits, what's the mechanics behind it?

Suggested Benefits & Mechanic:

• Own Heraldry- For Wagons, Flags, Banners, Tents, Tabards. Now we have freedom templates, as well as Chaos PMKs ones. Thou there's still no variety within our own Freedom Borders. New Freedom Kingdoms colours would add more variety, more colours into our deeds, and into whole Wurm's World. These would be a recognizable banners, signs, colours from which we would know from which Kingdom player comes. Owners of these banners could be proud of own Heraldry and perhaps it'd wake up a bit Wurm's Market by selling new veriants for collectors. On the other side i know it might hurt a price of Chaos PMKs Wagons and stuff. I know, and I'm sorry but so far have no solution for it. Anyway prices of Kingdoms stuff will drop in time regardless of Freedom PMKs. Of course players who aren't in any Kingdom would still produce standard freedom stuff.
  • New Titles- New titles like: King of XYZ, Chancellor of XYZ, Steward of XYZ, Knight of XYZ etc. Lots of Kingdoms titles could be added with this addition. Like Champion Tiles or just regular premium/ achievement titles. Of course King's title would be reserved for Kingdom's founder, but other could be....
  • Kingdoms Missions-... achieved from Kingdoms Missions. That's another idea of benefits for Freedom PMK. There could be some random missions chosen from the poll just for Kingdoms/ Kingdoms Players. Rewards could be different, from: Rarity window/ Enchanting bonus for Kingdom deeds, up to 30 min SB for Kingdom players online. Also there could be a missions for players to get Kingdom Titles, just like we get ones for Rifts or so. Or Titles could be given by Kingdom Ruler or given after some times spent in a Kingdom (Like Loyality tiltes for staying premium) Or all of that.
  • Kingdom Capitols on Map- Another suggestion would be to add Kingdoms Capitols on regular map just like we see starter towns.
  • Kingdom Chat & Alliances- Kingdoms could create alliances just like we do between regular deeds. Thou they'd get separate Alliance chat. Mechanics behind it would be simple: Non Kingdom deeds, let's say "Free deeds" wold still be able to create regular alliances, there's no changes in that. Kingdom would also be able to form regular alliance with free deeds, but they could also create alliances Kindom-Kingdom to perhaps get other/ more Kingdom Missions. 
  • Kingdom Deeds- When players have own Kingdom, he can invite other free deeds to join it. Since then, players would be able to create kingdom stuff (Perhaps with some 30 days delay after joining), and deed would belong to a Kingdom. Deed owner would be able to leave a Kingdom and Join another (Preferably with some cooldown on it), but then won't be able to create kingdom stuff. I know that some players would join many kingdoms just to make some PMK stuff, thou that's why I suggest cooldowns. 
  • Optional and Controversial Suggestion, but I'm not pushing it- Lower Upkeep/ resizing price for Kingdom Deeds/ just Capitol. Not much, maybe like 5-10% of upkeep. That could be a great and more open for everyone compensation for Traders/ Traders Deeds. Or maybe 1 free Spirit Templar for PMK's Deeds.
  • Crown!- Just a Cosmetic Item for PMK founder with no or very low protection, Crown couldn't be traded and would be a no drop item.
  • Declaration of Independence- Considering that Freedom PMKs would probably get more common than Chaos ones, and to prevent new Kingdoms Spam I think that price should be significantly higher than for Chaos ones. Also because of Freedom proposed Benefits. I'd say that price of Declaration of Independance for freedomers should be set somewhere from 1.5G up to 2.5G.
  • Kingdom disbands- King of a Kingdom Might disband Kingdom at any time with no refund. Also Kingdom disbands when Capitol disbands. There's no Kingdom without Capitol, thou PMK owner might change a Capitol and, next suggestion, set temporary/ spare capitol City. (In case of a break and possible Capitol disband, When first capitol falls, and secondary is chosen by King, it's automatically becomes a new Capitol. If there's no secondary City, Kingdom disbands.)
  • Roleplay- I do know many players in Wurm who are all about Role playing. I must admit that i kinda enjoy it as well. New Kingdoms, Banners, Titles, positions would be great for those who loves to Role play in Wurm! Diplomacy, Positions, titles, missions, capitols, that's a great food for all dreamers and roleplayers!

3) Mechanics and Example Freedom PMK

• Players who owns a Deed buys a Declaration for 2G
  • Creates New Kingdom and his/ her deed becomes a capitol.
  • He/ She was in an Alliance, and is still within it- nothing changes to old alliances. 
  • He/ She wants to invite a new deed to a Kingdom- invites and gets a Kingdom Chat, new deed gets Kingdom rights and benefits. 
  • Kingdom Ruler Wants to form an alliance with another Kingdom, and both Kingdoms gets PMK Alliance chat and more/ better/ more frequent missions.
  • Ruler of a Kingdom wants to form a regular alliance with deed that doesn't want to be within a Kingdom. No problem, just forming regular alliance between deeds. 
  • Ruler of a Kingdom wants to disband it. No problem, he/ she just disbands it and since then no more PMK stuff can be created, all benefits are gone, all titles are gone (or changed like Cavalier-> Fallen Cavalier one).
  • Freedom PMK would get basic Kingdoms templates when creating like now (MR, JK, HotS).
  • Players wouldn't have to change "their blood". They'd be still freedomers at all. 

4) Things I didn't figure out yet

• Many PvP player will be against it. Now their Kingdoms are kinda unique, there's only few of them and this is possibility reserved only for them i know and I respect that. I have to admit, that I've no solution or compensation idea for that yet. Sorry!
  • New PMK stuff avalanche on market- There's a possibility of that and I have no real idea how to stop it. 
  • New PMK's Avalanche- There's also a possibility, but i highly doubt it. For most players more benefits would be just from joining kingdom, than founding own. But it is possible. 
  • PMKs Alliances- I didn't figure yet how to really benefit from them. But that's not most important in whole idea i suppose, and there's still plenty of place to plan it. 

So, that's a bold idea, many might be against, but tell me, who wouldn't want to become a real King of a great Freedom Kingdom and live in peace with other Rulers!

Tell me what do you think about this idea, why you agree/ disagree, wht would you change, add/ remove! I'm open for discussion!

Edited by Alkhadias
  • Like 1

Can you please stop commenting on what you think PVP players think. I'm sure most of us are for PMKs on Freedom because we'd join one there too. 

Other than that I love your suggestion and how well thought out it is. 
Unfortunately, if I remember correctly from similar posts, adding PMKs to Freedom would mean a major overhaul to the way the PMK system works and there's a ton of projects that are higher up the list. 

EDIT: There'd also been a suggestion to let village owners or alliances make their own PMK-like items. I think that might even be a better idea. But either way, I'm nearly positive this would be a MAJOR project that even with full community and dev support would be well down the list of stuff to do. 

BUT, I could be totally wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. 

Edited by Matholameu
  • Like 1

On 20.06.2017 at 8:17 PM, Matholameu said:

Can you please stop commenting on what you think PVP players think. I'm sure most of us are for PMKs on Freedom because we'd join one there too. 

Other than that I love your suggestion and how well thought out it is. 
Unfortunately, if I remember correctly from similar posts, adding PMKs to Freedom would mean a major overhaul to the way the PMK system works and there's a ton of projects that are higher up the list. 

EDIT: There'd also been a suggestion to let village owners or alliances make their own PMK-like items. I think that might even be a better idea. But either way, I'm nearly positive this would be a MAJOR project that even with full community and dev support would be well down the list of stuff to do. 

BUT, I could be totally wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. 

Well, I talked about it with many PvP players and most of them were against. Also I've been on Chaos many years ago, still i gotta admit I've no idea what they think about it now. 

And yes, you might be right about PMK overhaul. Still it's not impossible. Everything really depends on community and their approval I believe. Maybe overhaul wouldn't be that bad? This on other side, depends on devs. 

Edited by Alkhadias

Just now, Alkhadias said:

Well, I talked about it with many PvP players and most of them were against. Also I've been on Chaos many years ago, still i gotta admit I've no idea what they think about it now. 

And yes, you might be right about PMK overhaul. Still it's not impossible. Everything really depends on community and their approval I believe. Maybe overhaul wouldn't be that bad? This on other side, depends on devs. 

Hmm, well nevermind then about the first point, I suppose you may be right. 

As for the second one, no, you're right, not impossible. But will likely be on the backburner for a loooong time. 

Nonetheless, definitely curious about what the rest of the Wurmmunity thinks.  

• Like 1

Generally I like the idea. It could be used as a money sink - like selling single use decretum of kingdom offices for serious silvers in traders. Also the PMK designs could be implemented for a fee.

I would say the kingdoms should replace the current alliance system, alliances should be between kingdoms only.

What I don't know if this would hurt the PVP kingdom coffers, I suspect significant part of kingdom upkeep of some smaller kingdoms is covered by selling the PMK design items, freedom ones might rearrange that market.

• Like 1

On 20.06.2017 at 8:41 PM, Jaz said:

Generally I like the idea. It could be used as a money sink - like selling single use decretum of kingdom offices for serious silvers in traders. Also the PMK designs could be implemented for a fee.

I would say the kingdoms should replace the current alliance system, alliances should be between kingdoms only.

What I don't know if this would hurt the PVP kingdom coffers, I suspect significant part of kingdom upkeep of some smaller kingdoms is covered by selling the PMK design items, freedom ones might rearrange that market.

My idea was to sell Declarations through cosmetic shop for euro or ingame silvers. Whole concept, if we'd approve point about deeds upkeep could end of traders era, and perhaps it would be an option for removing them from game, without lose for those who owns traders to fund upkeep of their deeds. 

And yes, i've mentioned the same, my idea might hurt Chaos PMKs market, but we can always get along with some solutions for that. 

PMKs still have HotA, raiding, their PMK stuff would still have a market(just a more competitive one), and can still make bulk like anyone else. 
The whole point of PMK is having a big group of people(I think Freedom should still need 25 people to start kingdom) and the costs can be split among people. 
Also, it's not like there's kingdom upkeep, only deed upkeep, and despite being kingdom deeds, most are still owned by someone and they pay the deed upkeep just like on Freedom. 

Sure, some people will whine, but I don't think it will kill Chaos PMKs. 

• Like 1

Id prefer it work just as an alliance, you can buy something from a trader which allows you to choose your coat of arms for the alliance. Apart from that not much else changes.

• Like 3

it would require a complete overhaul of how freedom works on the most basic levels and theres SO much stuff involved i dont see this ever happening.

if its about playing together, thats what alliances are for.

if its about your own designs on wagons and stuff, i hope the cash shop will introduce a solution to that, we'll see i guess.

abstaining from vote. 
as with brexit, i don't have the knowledge i need to make an enlightened decision.
interesting stuff tho, worth observing.

• Like 3

On 20.06.2017 at 10:59 PM, Arium said:

it would require a complete overhaul of how freedom works on the most basic levels and theres SO much stuff involved i dont see this ever happening.

if its about playing together, thats what alliances are for.

if its about your own designs on wagons and stuff, i hope the cash shop will introduce a solution to that, we'll see i guess.

Yeah, we just talked about it. I think that some devs could tell us more about pros and cons of introducing it. 

For the second part, it's not only about playing together. It's about introducing something new for Freedom Isles, something fresh for freedomers, to satisfy not only one group of players, but possibly as many as might be. Players who looks for something new, players who looks for playing together, players who wants their own coats, players who do lots of roleplay, players who wants to get rid of traders and those who wants to help funding their own deed by a game itself, for players who always wanted to found own kingdom, but didn't want to go on Chaos for it, and of course for those who can afford it and they'd do it just because, for more immersion, for more goals, more to achieve, more to leave in world for a long time. 

And yes and no, own design is important, but only one of things I've suggested. This whole idea is trying to join many different desired things altogether within sinlge complex and immersion friendly way.

Edited by Alkhadias
  • Like 1

They should let us represent our Chaos PMK on all freedom servers and not just on Chaos.  I'm DD all day every day no matter the server, but can't represent that way.

Then you can have some protect your PMK and have other represent on other freedom servers.

I think if representation is all servers it would bring more to Chaos since freedomers would really want a PMK then.

• Like 5

On 20.06.2017 at 11:30 PM, nicedreams said:

They should let us represent our Chaos PMK on all freedom servers and not just on Chaos.  I'm DD all day every day no matter the server, but can't represent that way.

Then you can have some protect your PMK and have other represent on other freedom servers.

I think if representation is all servers it would bring more to Chaos since freedomers would really want a PMK then.

Probably, but think that even if my idea would pass a test and would be introduced, PMKs would be probably limited to a single server. Anyway, what's your opinion of my statements?

12 minutes ago, Alkhadias said:

Probably, but think that even if my idea would pass a test and would be introduced, PMKs would be probably limited to a single server. Anyway, what's your opinion of my statements?

Even if they were "separate" we could always make a replica of our Chaos PMKs on Freedom. @nicedreams

• Like 1

More wagon and banner designs is priceless, for everything else there is MinusOne.

I like the heraldry part / idea but this is already available to freedom players by going to chaos and establishing a pmk, then submitting heraldry designs etc for that pmk.

Not sure what i think of freedom pmk's being a thing.

Then maybe we should discuss or you could tell me why you disagree, what disadvantages you see in whole idea? I might agree that some additions aren't as necessary as others, also i believe that some people just don't want huge changes within a game, but can't quite see why would we don't want new stuff that doesn't affect old things at all? Just adding more options for those who wants them? Or maybe it does affect it? Let's discuss!

If freedom going to have kingdoms, pvp should be on in freedom. I think it should be like this... inside the kingdom deed borders of any freedom kingdom, pvp off, everywhere else, pvp on.

• Like 1

Btw Nicedreams have a point why not let current pmk members have their pmk tabard designs shown on pve servers?

• Like 2

Nah, I'd love to see same Chaos PMKs on all servers. I'm just not sure if game mechanics would allow cross servers Kingdoms. Just like our deeds writs can't cross server borders, same might happen to Kingdoms which can be stricted to a server. And PMKs if would like to exist on same rules on all servers, would probably have to buy and found multiple PMKs. Thou I'm not sure. 

No, never. Keep your senseless vandalism to yourselves.

I fear this may be taking uniqueness away from PvP servers. -1 from me.

Swagevorn, The King of Swagistan, Mayor of Swagrabia and Ruler of Swagland gives a +1 to this post.

"No, not at all"

Not interested. I consider it a benefit for there to be only one Kingdom on my Server, and that it is at war with no one, and that it is a Lawful Kingdom compared to some others. I do not desire my own kingdom tabard, nor any other special perk that PMKs have.

Not to mention that allowing PMKs on Freedom would be a step in the direction of altering the Freedom servers to allow PvP in some form, and I am opposed to that completely. If I want PvP I will move to Epic or Chaos.

Edited by geode