Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Insanity Group Teleport

Was just playing with the idea, but thought would be cool to post.

Give us an ability to link up with other players (like priest and batteries) that are also on the meditation path of insanity that can do "random teleport" ability.  When grouped up you can random teleport together and both would have the 1 hour cool down like normal.

That would be insane....      (quote Kawdzo)

Edit:  Don't know if grouping like this would be cool on Chaos.  Would add a new world of PvP strategy though.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 2

that person who goes afk for hours because they fell asleep in a bad spot deserve to be left behind to die

8 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

that person who goes afk for hours because they fell asleep in a bad spot deserve to be left behind to die

What on earth does that have to do with this post? Did you even read the OP?

• Like 1

+1

3 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Give us an ability to link up with other players (like priest and batteries)

30 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Studio C, "Are you Illiterate or can you just not read?"

5 hours ago, Yiraia said:

+1

Studio C, "Are you Illiterate or can you just not read?"

Oh I can read just fine and its a bad idea for pvp.

Really don't understand why someone would use this on purpose though, its about the worst possible choice to use freedom or chaos, usually you will end up out in the water too far from land to even swim, or falling to your death on the top of a mountain if you forgot climb before clicking.

Sometimes you end up in the middle of a enemy deed, no way out of that one if unfriendly's in local.

On chaos its an emergency type ability, on freedom its if you are really bored.

I am sure you would understand if you were on the path and have used it before.

If each person in the group had to click 'accept' that would avoid the group ability being something more than just a rescue for someone gone to sleep in the middle of the wild server.

16 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Really don't understand why someone would use this on purpose though

Clearly there are players who are far more adventurous than you. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Really don't understand why someone would use this on purpose though, its about the worst possible choice to use freedom or chaos, usually you will end up out in the water too far from land to even swim, or falling to your death on the top of a mountain if you forgot climb before clicking.

Sometimes you end up in the middle of a enemy deed, no way out of that one if unfriendly's in local.

If each person in the group had to click 'accept' that would avoid the group ability being something more than just a rescue for someone gone to sleep in the middle of the wild server.

I used to teleport round mrh and jkh when I was bored so I could kill people.

Doing that with a group would be funny as ######.

Edited by JockII
  • Like 3

This is by far more fun that just a rescue click, same as Jock, so many times ive got or nearly got a kill. But sadly mostly end up at water anyway.

I would +1 this :D

1 hour ago, Lulu said:

This is by far more fun that just a rescue click, same as Jock, so many times ive got or nearly got a kill. But sadly mostly end up at water anyway.

I would +1 this :D

Should change to pick a random grass tile would be a bit more fun/consistent.

"hot drops" *Black ops drops* 

This has already been done in other games, it destroys the map distance (power projections) = the new PvP thing.  Group gear up for jumps.

1 hr jump if not nearby enemy, wait 1 hr logged off, then jump as group again when ready, rinse repeat until you're where you want to be without having to travel or risk anything.

The more people you have in a group doing it, blah blah creep power projections goon swarm, I mean... 

Sorry just my opinion I know it's in the minority just want it known now.

12 minutes ago, Brew said:

"hot drops" *Black ops drops* 

This has already been done in other games, it destroys the map distance (power projections) = the new PvP thing.  Group gear up for jumps.

1 hr jump if not nearby enemy, wait 1 hr logged off, then jump as group again when ready, rinse repeat until you're where you want to be without having to travel or risk anything.

The more people you have in a group doing it, blah blah creep power projections goon swarm, I mean... 

Sorry just my opinion I know it's in the minority just want it known now.

Considering it's a completely random teleport and could literally take you days to luck out and end up where you want to go, kinda think your point is moot. 
Also considering successful PVP is somewhat Horse dependent (especially in plate) think that kinda moots the point for Wurm anyways. 

Log in as group. Tp. If not near a place to raid, everyone logs off for 59 mins.

No roaming, no need to risk anything as the entire group will tp in any fight they know they will lose.

Continue pattern adding more goons to the swarm, biggest and most skilled kingdom that can do this owns, horses can be grabbed from anywhere you tp you want to stay m8

o7 

12 minutes ago, Brew said:

Log in as group. Tp. If not near a place to raid, everyone logs off for 59 mins.

No roaming, no need to risk anything as the entire group will tp in any fight they know they will lose.

Continue pattern adding more goons to the swarm, biggest and most skilled kingdom that can do this owns, horses can be grabbed from anywhere you tp you want to stay m8

o7 

Do you even know how raids work? How do you propose we bring the war machines and more importantly, the ammo? 
Your point is moot my friend, but I respect your willingness to back it. 

Edited by Matholameu

On 6/20/2017 at 0:01 AM, JakeRivers said:

I've been doing this a lot now on Xan.  How I've been hunting and got me in some really busy spots up north.  Clear them out and TP to next area.  Two out of 3 times on Xan I'm in the middle of the water though.  So lots of logging off.  Xan has too much side oceans for it's size.

I'll try on smaller server next time hunting freedom.

And I agree this isn't something I'd bring to Chaos.  Was just toying with the idea since seems like fun with friends at same path and level.  Don't see many freedomers using path of insanity.  Unless they can group random TP.  lol

• Like 1

A group size limit would be required if it went to PvP. Say 3-5.

Can someone who actually PVPs explain to me how this would hurt PVP?
Just have it not work with enemies in local or something.

I view this as a way to go have a fun random adventure, not a way to raid easier...

1 hour ago, Matholameu said:

Can someone who actually PVPs explain to me how this would hurt PVP?
Just have it not work with enemies in local or something.

I view this as a way to go have a fun random adventure, not a way to raid easier...

It already doesn't work when in local of an enemy player, just like every other form of teleport

I really can't see how this would harm pvp in any way

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Worksock said:

It already doesn't work when in local of an enemy player, just like every other form of teleport

I really can't see how this would harm pvp in any way

If anything it would create more PvP. Unlike a solo who can stealth up or run easy alone a group takes more coordination. Stealthing 5 people, all it takes is on to fail a few times and get caught.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:31 AM, ThousandPageWizard said:

+1 I've done a few teleports on chaos before, always pondered the idea if people could come with me...

Its a cool adventure to go somewhere random and try get home (without a horse!)

If you click climb before teleporting you can just log off ontop of the mountain til its time to tele again.

Ya good idea to always turn on climb before you teleport in case you teleport on the side of a mountain.  When done can karma home or just keep chancing teleport will get you close enough to home.