Sign in to follow this  
Vroomfondel

[FIXED] Wrong character gets pale ale recipe added to cookbook

My crafter, Handsomestranger, just got the pale ale recipe added to his cookbook.  The problem is, he didn't make it.   I made the wort as Vroomfondel, and as Vroomfondel I sealed the barrel.  All Handsome did was move the barrel from the floor to the wine barrel rack.  It seems you have it set so the last char to touch the barrel gets the recipe, not the one who did all the work.

Probably similar to how skillgain goes to the one that placed it in the oven when cooking.

Still, I think this should have gone to the one who sealed it shut at least.  Moving the barrel does nothing to the process.

3 minutes ago, Vroomfondel said:

Still, I think this should have gone to the one who sealed it shut at least.  Moving the barrel does nothing to the process.

It checks the lastownerid, so same as skillgain.

For things that don't have permissions whoever had it in their inventory last is the "owner", and will get any recipes or skillgain allocated with it. Messing with it would require changing how things like cooking skillgain and how the protection when you drop something on the floor and stay on the same tile work. It'd probably be quite a bit of work changing that just so it doesn't change owner whenever someone picks it up (not to mention outrage over ruining panfillers work) so it's probably going to be left how it is.

I guess I'll just have to copy the recipes I get for Vroom then.

I've added this as a bug as the last person who owned the wood scrap (the one who actually used create - xxx) and sealed the barrel should be the owner.  

I believe this was bugged, then fixed, now seems bugged again.