Sign in to follow this  

Mead is a fermented beverage, pretty similar to wine.
EDIT: Yes, I know there is mead in the game, I'm just suggesting how mead should work in order to make it simple, more realistic and able to age like wine.
We should be able to use water + honey to make mead, which can be stored indefinitely and, like wine, would reach higher quality over time and have the same effects.
We have the bees, mead could be easily implemented as a kind of wine, only with a different recipe. Please upvote, let's make this happen!

Barrell-program-3.jpg

Edited by Mosquete

right.

there is mead in the game.

you might wanna go back into your kitchen and keep trying.

edit:

tho i am not sure it actually reaches higher quality over time. i think beer and mead are fixed quality based on their initial creation and only stronger booze gains ql.

Edited by Arium

Mead exists in wurm but keep in mind a lot in Wurm is wrong (ex sausage skins, beer, various item models). Try making it how it is not made irl.

19 minutes ago, Chlodovech said:

Mead exists in wurm but keep in mind a lot in Wurm is wrong (ex sausage skins, beer, various item models). Try making it how it is not made irl.

That's exactly the point, let's bring real meadmaking.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mosquete said:

We should be able to use water + honey to make mead, which can be stored indefinitely and, like wine, would reach higher quality over time and have the same effects.

water + honey > honey water. Place it into a small wine barrel, seal it with a scrap, let it ferment and you have mead. Though the quality DO NOT increase over time. So that's the point that should be fixed.

+1 for quality increase over alcohols that ages in RL.

huge +1 no reason  not to behave like wine. At least it can give a little bit of value to now worthless honey...

I believe notes said it would age so may be bug? Probably only ages unsealed?

Edited by Aeryck

No, I've left some unsealed and it just got damaged.  +1 to improving with age for mead.  I would also like to see cognac, which is white wine turned to brandy and distilled twice, then aged.  Hard liquors should improve with age, but much slower than wine and mead,as the alcohol content does not get much higher, it's the flavor that improves.  And how about charred barrels, to help with that improvement in taste over time?

Edited by Vroomfondel

@Alectrys @Retrograde Can we get confirmation that it was intended for mead to age as Aeryck said and the curent situation is therefor bug, or is it on purpose not to age?

• Like 2