Sign in to follow this  
EvaDaly

DO NOT BUY FROM Mickaell or Echo

27 minutes ago, EvaDaly said:

that is why i am trying to post everything i know that he took.. so people can look out. the SMC still is locked by me and permissions can not be changed

With the way lock picking works on freedom, he could pick into it and likely have nothing happen to him despite the rule against lock picking what you do not own on freedom. Either way scum will be scum and will most likely just use an alt to buy a new account to try this crap again.

56 minutes ago, Rasu said:

With the way lock picking works on freedom, he could pick into it and likely have nothing happen to him despite the rule against lock picking what you do not own on freedom. Either way scum will be scum and will most likely just use an alt to buy a new account to try this crap again.

Problem  here is he stole it fair n square on chaos (granted from his own kingdom, but it's allowed) and traveled to Freedom... there is no jurisdictional issue as it wasn't stolen on freedom.  Far as it's concerned, on the freedom servers, it's his.  Now chaos, is another matter, as it's solely up to his kingdom mates to retrieve it via whatever means they deem fit (pvp or stealing it back).

Crappy as he was, no rules seem to have been broken.

30 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Problem  here is he stole it fair n square on chaos (granted from his own kingdom, but it's allowed) and traveled to Freedom... there is no jurisdictional issue as it wasn't stolen on freedom.  Far as it's concerned, on the freedom servers, it's his.  Now chaos, is another matter, as it's solely up to his kingdom mates to retrieve it via whatever means they deem fit (pvp or stealing it back).

Crappy as he was, no rules seem to have been broken.

They are not asking him to be banned. They are warning people (and other kingdoms) not to trust him or buy his stolen goods. Or telling people to KOs him so that he doesn't try stealing things from freedom deeds where possible.

Edit: it's more of a public service announcement letting players know that if they deal with him - it's at their own risk.

Edited by Iberis

I'll buy the damn chest back for 8 silver and return it to Eva. Thats what he was asking for it. He doesnt have the skill to pick it and he wjll have a hard time selling it since its locked. Contact me, Mik, and we'll arrange a trade. Get your 8 silver and Eva gets her chest back.

We can't have an Eva without a chest!

5 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

As a kingdom, we know and understand the staff's position in the matter. Some of us agree while some of us don't, but as a kingdom we accept it. We know no rules were broken and no action will be taken. As much as we would like assistance in the matter we realize its not the staff's fault. It is our fault for trusting.

This thread is not about resolution. We are not asking for action nor are we expecting any. This thread is to let the community know what kind of person this man is and what to expect, and for them to know they are buying stolen goods if they buy from him. Contrary to popular belief, the Chaos community cares. We are not just Chaos players, we are Wurmians.

Things will take their course. We will recover. We will imp more plate, make more horse gear, win more hotas. We will replace what was lost and go on. We will continue to have fun with our friends in TC, DD, Ebo, JK and WU. But we wont forget this. Things will change in Pandas so this dont happen again.

I'm sorry, Angelklaine, but I refuse to allow anyone to force me into the victim's mindset.  Were we at fault for being generous to a supposed new/returning player? Ok, that I can accept.  But regardless of permissions that allowed Falgorn/Mickaell to help themselves to the hota statues, small magic chest, and somehow kill multiple geared horses and steal their gear, WE did not deserve what happened.  The victim of domestic violence is not at fault for their spouse beating the crap out of them, nor are we at fault for trying our hardest to make sure those two players had the gear they needed to survive in chaos.

a5754b7e6e.png

@mickaell, how long did I spend on your first day in pandas on my sme priest, casting up a new set of plate for you and making sure that everything had higher than 80web (minus hands/feet at 70+web)? I'm pretty sure you got a compass that wasn't the starter one, with a high cast on it as well. Oh, and don't forget the 88coc LMS I gave you out of my own inventory so you could train that.  Everyone that was online at the time scrambled to make sure you got tools, weapons, armor, equipment necessary to skill up and pvp.  So you can "especially lis" all you want, I want nothing to do with you either now, except your corpse and your affinity.  Thank you for proving my suspicions correct though. 

49bb33f1b9.png3ad7462e06.pnga5775bd8d2.jpg

And there you go, folks.  Not even hiding his guilt, and obviously proud of himself for screwing over pretty much the only person in the kingdom that didn't want him kicked for being fishy, Evadaly.  She's one of the best people I've met in Wurm Online or for that matter any game, and she stuck up for him until the very last day, when she logged in to find her stuff stolen.  You're such a great guy, aren't you, Falgorn?

Will we recover as a kingdom? I have no doubt, we have people in it that have been tested by the fire of meta-gaming, still going through the flames when trash like Mickaell/Placebo disrupt the fun.  They have done nothing but strengthen resolve within kingdom to be more aware of anyone attempting to join our family.  I suppose I should thank them for that.

• Like 6

I never said that its our fault that he is a scumbag. We are responsible for trusting him though, which taught us a lesson in this matter. There is no one to blame here but him for stealing, and us for being too nice. Its a shame, given now other legit players will be affected for his actions. Now we just wont take anyone that rolls off the boat. Its a shame, really, but the risk is too great. New players will find more and more doors locked to them, as I am sure other kingdoms will tighten their belts as well due to our experience.

Edited by Angelklaine

I'm really disappointed no action can be done by the staff - serious issues that make people quit always get ignored it seems. 

Many good points brought up in this thread. Why invite new players to your kingdom anymore? I don't blame them for thinking your a spy or a thief these days, big reason why pvp is going downhill because everyone is suspicious of everyone. 

How do you fix this ingame to prevent more theft?

Easy solution, every item a player drops or plant on a deed is impossible to be moved by others unless the owner has you set to permissions on his/her profile. This will protect items you own, as well as prevent it being bashed or picked up as only the mayor should have that control. If your in another kingdom it should let you take or do anything as normal. You can still allow others to access a container if set properly such as a magic chest.

Now you might say Niki, there is a permission for that! Yes but its isn't as thorough to what I'm suggesting because currently if you have toggled on those pickup permissions you allow anyone to take anything on a deed.

It's a problem, that should be improved on. This would also work on freedom and prevent village theft which happens also currently.

Edited by Niki

You can set permissions individually per player, which is pretty much what you are suggesting. That is not the issue. The issue is we NEED to have those items accesible by everyone because its just the way PMKs operate. If TC rolls over with Catapults and Battering rams, and the only two guys on deed dont have access to the bsb with the bricks, they wont be able to defend.

The nature of Chaos requires a lot of trust in your team. You cant do anything in Chaos without a team backing you. Its just the way it is.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cecci said:

We will remember this.

Your rep just dropped to the ground.

Say whatever you would like, I could care less what others people think about trading with me right now. But I play on PvE because i expect people on PvP to be either "meanies" or "friendlies" I have played minecraft pvp faction servers often and stepped on salemthegame. Both had toxic communities, and i expected chaos to be filled with people who just killed on sight for extra stuff, and steal. I am a PvE player that is currently working on my own deed and characters, and planning on doing community projects afterwards.

If you really judge a person by a question, Not even a statement but a question, I could tell you are a person of very bad judgement. Likewise to everybody who like your comment. PvP is Player vs Player, and you should only trust people you know, or give few permissions to people you don't know. If its not the question that was the "wrong thing to say" and it was the "I want it", The person earned it fair and square on PVP, or else game staff would have given it back. You expect me to throw away money to a trader rather than buying it from him for a discount?

11 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Say whatever you would like, I could care less what others people think about trading with me right now. But I play on PvE because i expect people on PvP to be either "meanies" or "friendlies" I have played minecraft pvp faction servers often and stepped on salemthegame. Both had toxic communities, and i expected chaos to be filled with people who just killed on sight for extra stuff, and steal. I am a PvE player that is currently working on my own deed and characters, and planning on doing community projects afterwards.

If you really judge a person by a question, Not even a statement but a question, I could tell you are a person of very bad judgement. Likewise to everybody who like your comment. PvP is Player vs Player, and you should only trust people you know, or give few permissions to people you don't know. If its not the question that was the "wrong thing to say" and it was the "I want it", The person earned it fair and square on PVP, or else game staff would have given it back. You expect me to throw away money to a trader rather than buying it from him for a discount?

Is ok. You are not required to have morals to play a videogame. Its only pixels after all. We understand how you feel. All good.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Yiraia said:

You do know if you had let this person in on your deed on Exodus and he gained your trust over time and then cleaned you out one night while you were fast asleep and slayed all your animals, the GMs would take the exact same stance they do with the PvP server and you would be sol.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

You do know if you had let this person in on your deed on Exodus and he gained your trust over time and then cleaned you out one night while you were fast asleep and slayed all your animals, the GMs would take the exact same stance they do with the PvP server and you would be sol.

The whole incident has nothing to do with pvp. It has to do with deed permissions. However some people seem to think its okay because its Chaos, yet cry bloody murder when it happens to them in their precious freedom deeds, then say we Chaos people are the problem.

• Like 1

Ching Chang Chong this thread has gone to long. 

The appropriate people have got to express their feelings in a public manner to shame this individual. The damage has already been done. At this point everyone here is just fighting personal opinions.

5 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

The whole incident has nothing to do with pvp. It has to do with deed permissions. However some people seem to think its okay because its Chaos, yet cry bloody murder when it happens to them in their precious freedom deeds, then say we Chaos people are the problem.

Wouldn't it be nice if the PVErs would just stop commenting on PVP stuff? I think that would be swell. 

• Like 1

Eva should of just said all this happened on a deed on xanadu then there would of been a uproar and cry for punishment.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

However some people seem to think its okay because its Chaos, yet cry bloody murder when it happens to them in their precious freedom deeds.

Freedom = PvE where everybody shouldnt be intentionally harming a person with methods such as stealing. Of course we would be mad if a PLAYER would STEAL from us.

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

Eva should of just said all this happened on a deed on xanadu then there would of been a uproar and cry for punishment.

I would say thats unfair as well. Honestly do you expect everybody on pvp to be loyal knights letting people live and waiting for "fair wars" all the time. Why do you want PvP to be a bouncy house with lollipops and rainbows?

Just now, Yiraia said:

Freedom = PvE where everybody shouldnt be intentionally harming a person with methods such as stealing. Of course we would be mad if a PLAYER would STEAL from us.

I would say thats unfair as well. Honestly do you expect everybody on pvp to be loyal knights letting people live and waiting for "fair wars" all the time. Why do you want PvP to be a bouncy house with lollipops and rainbows?

I never said it should be, what folks don't understand is that your freedom deeds are no safer from theft than deeds on the pvp servers. 

The majority of thefts that happen on pvp servers is from people who gain trust only to steal from the people who gave them a chance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Ching Chang Chong this thread has gone to long. 

The appropriate people have got to express their feelings in a public manner to shame this individual. The damage has already been done. At this point everyone here is just fighting personal opinions.

i think it is enough of commenting here... thanks for everyone on this

• Like 1