Sign in to follow this  
EvaDaly

DO NOT BUY FROM Mickaell or Echo

24 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I am impressed at the amount of support the Chaos community gave us. That was unexpected to say the least. Thank you guys for all the good intentions and your support. It further cements my argument that the Chaos people are a community worthy of envy. 

Now give us more PvP content ?

• Like 2

I agree that intra-kingdom problems should not happen. For two main reasons:

1. It's just a ###### move. You're supposed to be part of the team. If you can't trust your teammates then who can you trust?

2. The second point follows the first. If you can't really build a cohesive kingdom then this creates artificial barriers to the pvp scene. New players can't join the scene because everyone is too afraid of them joining. Kingdoms can't really grow because vetting people is just an impossible task.

Honestly, even this intra-alliance stuff on PvE servers should be disallowed, too. For clear thefts (as decided by a GM or even multiple GMs), the goods should be returned and the thieves punished accordingly.

This "it's a sandbox" thing isn't an excuse to let these toxic people get away their crimes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Miretta said:

you know....I sometimes wonder why some people turn into ######s like this and some who have the exact same conditions (at least in terms of anonymity and audience and being a human) are not turning into that :)

Because people are different... some do, some don't, some do but hide it well until the most (in)appropriate time, some take a tiny shove to switch from one category to the other. If the internet have taught me anything is to hope for the best in people but always expect the worst. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 2

Just a thought from the side here.

Can't this type of behaivour be policed a little better in game?

Meaning that once your reputation get bad enough, people even from your own kingdom will kill you on sight and raid your deed.

• Like 1

Jun 18, 2017 9:50:29 PM  Falgorn founded Shaolin Temple

on exo now

• Like 1

Sorry for the loss. Lisa don't play any other PvP games, especially sandbox ones if you think rules should be changed to suit what humanity should be held to.

The point of PvP is in this case to go find them and take back what's yours, in this case it shows how safe chaos can be in real PvP terms. Steal everything run back to freedom no risk other than a single boat ride home.

Wouldn't it be better if the theives had to stay on chaos?  Those changes make more sense than disallowing internal kingdom theft.  Ask anyone, I would not steal internally but allowing it to happen to test people's trust is better to lose those things than an entire deed or war later on. :)

I'm still sorry your kingdom is hurting through this but changing the rules to me seems like an outcry than an actual help to what makes PvP servers different than the same old 

Freedom ones.

Edited by Brew
Spelling

7 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

I am impressed at the amount of support the Chaos community gave us. That was unexpected to say the least. Thank you guys for all the good intentions and your support. It further cements my argument that the Chaos people are a community worthy of envy. 

We may give each other a hard time and try and rile each other up but we look after our own.

Watching the whole discord get together just proves it.... we are one big disfunctional family.... I'm the adopted one ;]

• Like 6

I can't abide thieves; sounds to me like he abused a core kingdom mechanic (access to areas a hostile player shouldn't have, guard immunity, kingdom home turf advantage in hostile territory etc) to get the items.

Return the items, teleport the thief to chaos (naked and hobbled) and let nature take its course.

• Like 1

Unfortunately GMs still support entering a kingdom on the PvP servers with the pure intent of just stealing items as a core game style.

Until this changes, I see little chance of the PvP community growing. It only makes existing communities more suspicious of new players, which ultimately will lead to less people getting help, and playing the game.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 7

@Retrograde Whats the official word on exploiting game mechanics? (like the case explained in this thread clearly is).

16 minutes ago, Redd said:

Unfortunately GMs still support entering a kingdom on the PvP servers with the pure intent of just stealing items as a core game style.

Until this changes, I see little chance of the PvP community growing. It only makes existing communities more suspicious of new players, which ultimately will lead to less people getting help, and playing the game.

I find this funny because it used to be pvpers entering freedom with that purpose. And here I thought gameplay on wild was steal, kill and destroy by any means ingame. Perhaps wild should be renamed peaceful if there's this much commotion about someone achieving a heist. Do I get that stealing from your own kingdom is a crappy move? Sure. What's worse is being able to run across the border to pve land and not be touched. Or being able to dump it all on an alt thats safe even if your main got banned somehow. Perhaps it's time to close that border down and just allow folks to TP back and forth with 0 inventory.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pingpong said:

I find this funny because it used to be pvpers entering freedom with that purpose. And here I thought gameplay on wild was steal, kill and destroy by any means ingame. Perhaps wild should be renamed peaceful if there's this much commotion about someone achieving a heist. Do I get that stealing from your own kingdom is a crappy move? Sure. What's worse is being able to run across the border to pve land and not be touched. Or being able to dump it all on an alt thats safe even if your main got banned somehow. Perhaps it's time to close that border down and just allow folks to TP back and forth with 0 inventory.

Please keep your PvE vs PvP drivel out of this thread.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Rathgar said:

@Retrograde Whats the official word on exploiting game mechanics? (like the case explained in this thread clearly is).

Taking things you have permissions for is allowed and isn't exploiting mechanics. It's a shitty thing to do that i don't condone, but Mickaell/echo had permissions set to allow them to take stuff due to being part of the kingdom. Even on freedom you're allowed to steal anything not bolted down as long as you don't have permissions/locks telling you no you can't.

• Like 3

In eve online. Espionage and theft was an everyday virus protection.  Properly set your stuff right and things don't get stolen. Unless you set the security knowing there is a risk it could be looted. 

I don't want to praise the theives I just can't understand a rule change proclamation on something that is part of the sandbox itself.  The risk reward mentality only works with....risks.

To add on the above^ 

If you invite people over to your home to stay with you who are renting a B&B or an night out of the rain.  Do you: leave all jewelry ever owned on the kitchen table before bed, or allow them access to the fridge microwave and restroom?

Put out for public use (expect it not to be there) what you don't mind losing.  Same applies in battle, only equip/bring what you can afford to lose.

Edited by Brew

Just now, Brew said:

To add on the above^ 

If you invite people over to your home to stay with you who are renting a B&B or an night out of the rain.  Do you: leave all jewelry every opened on the kitchen table before bed, or allow them access to the fridge microwave and restroom?

Put out for public use (expect it not to be there) what you don't mind losing.  Same applies in battle, only equip/bring what you can afford to lose.

if your cousin, aunt, uncle, sister comes over, do you allow them to use your cooking utensils, your restroom and similar?

tahts what wurm is, you're not leaving out drake sets and rares, but every day coc tools, hota statues you use for food and those. you include them into your chaos "family" because only if you can trust them with this kind of stuff can you trust them to have your back in pvp.

your comparison to strangers is quite far off.

• Like 2

Sorry Brew but I have to agree. I don't think you realise the full intent of the situation and the amount of lying and backstabbing this player did. He played the long con. That kind of behaviour is just going to kill pvp and if he acts like that on chaos I'm sure the pve community won't want someone who is that toxic around either.

I feel bad for the MR guys and everyone on Exodus if he's moved there.

• Like 4

Not justifying the person. Disagree with the outcry for rule changes.  

Shuts up and goes back in the corner to play with his rubber ball*

He will run about exo and look for deeds that do not have their setting right. if he is about to kill a horse he will take you gear off it... if He is able to get in to it and take it he will.. I tried to put my trust in him. I talked with him, when everyone else was telling me that we need to watch him. I was all about giving people a chance. here is what i was talking to him about:

https://pastebin.com/M7w0225J

I tried my one last time to give a new player a chance in the kingdom... now they will be lock in a house in a mine with bricks making duty. 

He is KOS on all my deeds on exodus and have suggested the rest of the alliance adds him to kos, kos does not do much, but at least it will keep him off your deed.

• Like 2

dont forget to KOS placebo too

and another thing he also stole was like the 6-8 valentine flowers i had...  

[11:02:18] Placebo will receive a warning to leave the settlement. 3 minutes later the reputation will take the effect and he will be attacked by the guards.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

[11:02:18] Placebo will receive a warning to leave the settlement. 3 minutes later the reputation will take the effect and he will be attacked by the guards.

Surprised it took him that long to start poking around deeds

14 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Surprised it took him that long to start poking around deeds