Sign in to follow this  
Lightsaber184

[Resolved] Stuck with java webstart

I've downloaded the wurmclient.jnlp but when i run it it opens java webstart and just stays like that since an hour ago.. Is this normal, should I wait for a few more hours or is there something wrong? 
fZtdalr.png

That is certainly not normal.

There should be a `console.character-name.log` file in the `/Users/username/wurm/` directory. If there is there is should be something there to help identify what is happening.

If the above log file does not exist, you can get Java to open a console window which will display the log. To do this you go to the Java Control Panel, it's one of the items in 'System Preferences' - it will open in a separate window. In the 'Advanced' tab if you select 'Java Console' - show console and then OK. If you then try running Wurm again you should get a Java Console window.

In either case, if you copy the contents of that log file to the forums somebody here should be able to help resolve your problem with getting Wurm to run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

That is certainly not normal.

There should be a `console.character-name.log` file in the `/Users/username/wurm/` directory. If there is there is should be something there to help identify what is happening.

If the above log file does not exist, you can get Java to open a console window which will display the log. To do this you go to the Java Control Panel, it's one of the items in 'System Preferences' - it will open in a separate window. In the 'Advanced' tab if you select 'Java Console' - show console and then OK. If you then try running Wurm again you should get a Java Console window.

In either case, if you copy the contents of that log file to the forums somebody here should be able to help resolve your problem with getting Wurm to run.

I did what you asked.. still no console. Then I went to the 'General' tab and into the network settings and changed it to direct connection rather than browser settings. I remembered Chrome doesn't support java so maybe that's why, I'm not sure though.

tldr; Got it to work now :) Thanks bro!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lightsaber184 said:

I did what you asked.. still no console. Then I went to the 'General' tab and into the network settings and changed it to direct connection rather than browser settings. I remembered Chrome doesn't support java so maybe that's why, I'm not sure though.

tldr; Got it to work now :) Thanks bro!

Best part.. sharing the fix, could help somebody else later :)