Sign in to follow this  
RavenLure

[FIXED] Guards on a Smoke break

7 hours ago, RavenLure said:

and he just stands there and picks his nose

...maybe it's a troll disguised as a tower guard... this may have even more profound implications...

Ok this tower guard has been on my deed for the past couple days.. .starting in my cow pen then my horse pen.. then he came out of there then walked half way around my house ON my side walk.... He is well over 30 tiles from the tower......

Now even wandering further away 

This is creepy.. not sure what I should do lolol

Just to follow up on this problem:  I notice that the guards seem to be wandering much further away from their towers than normal.  I used to be able to get close to the tower on my deed and call for help and get the first 2 guards and if required, send out the call for the 2nd wave.  Now, I can stand in the tower's shadow and have only 1 guard respond.  When I wander off a bit from my deed, I will see a couple of the guards quite a ways off.  I have the only tower in my area, so I know they are the guards to my tower and not another tower.  

7 hours ago, lodoc said:

Just to follow up on this problem:  I notice that the guards seem to be wandering much further away from their towers than normal.  I used to be able to get close to the tower on my deed and call for help and get the first 2 guards and if required, send out the call for the 2nd wave.  Now, I can stand in the tower's shadow and have only 1 guard respond.  When I wander off a bit from my deed, I will see a couple of the guards quite a ways off.  I have the only tower in my area, so I know they are the guards to my tower and not another tower.  

This is a normal behavior. Tower guards tend to wander pretty far in pursuit of their targets - I used to find them more than 100 tiles from their tower at times. So I'm fairly sure that this observation is not part of the current problem. 

The current path finding issue is new and apparently was a side effect of one of the latest patches. 

• Like 2

Well I have never had a guard so far into my deed which is fenced and locked.. well I know locks mean nothing to them but I never seen one so so far away he was not chasing anything just meandering around. maybe looking for a free meal....

I just had this issue myself and i was within 7 tiles from the tower called 5 times for guards the 5th was the charm and i had to move 1 tile over to get 2 guards to attack this ado rat

i found that they will come after 2-4 calls 

The issue has been recorded, it's in the bug list and until you see a patchnote with a fix, you can expect them to get 'lost' and unresponsive from time to time.   

For your safety, call for help as often as you can and try to lure all the guards close to the tower as often as you can.

Thanks for all your details.  The issue is in the bug list with the various reproductions.

• Like 3

I would like to add that guards on Wurm Unlimited have the same issues since the latest patch.

Ok this is getting tiring.. why not just get rid of them till they are fixed I nearly got killed again.. from the lack of response.. sorry just frustrated .. :unsure:

Any progress notes anyone can share??

I saw this right infront of me. Called for the guards, and saw one in the 'run' position, then goes back to the 'idle' position. This has happened since the last major patch(that happened a month ago).

Do the devs expect everyone to be well-geared and have 70+ FS to defend ourselves for now on? I'm actually glad I did.

Edited by Benie

Well in this latest patch there is a Bug fix for the guards lets hope it works.

• Bugfix:  Increased tower guard pathing range, addressing instances in which tower guards did not respond when called in range.

Lets all cross our fingers and pray to your respective wurmie gods lolol:blink:

This issue was addressed with today's update: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/156180-patch-notes-20jul17/

This change should make them better than the last patch, but not yet ideal.  If you have guards trapped in mines or lost underground in some manner, you may still have to call multiple times to get help.

I'm closing this thread as the behavior since the last patch has been fixed.  We know pathing is still an issue, but shouldn't be as bad.