Sign in to follow this  
RavenLure

[FIXED] Guards on a Smoke break

I just now experienced the same issue while on a sheep run to the Grand Steppe on Indy.

A troll was trolling and I wasn't really in the mood, so I called for help as I passed a tower.

Four called back, none responded.  I called about three times with four calling back and finally one responded.

I moved out of the troll attack range and continued to call and call and call.  Eventually the others joined in, but it took many calls for help.

I could see one move about two tiles then just stop.  He would move the same way roughly every other time I called for help.

Being that there were only 4 guards at this tower, he was one responding to join it, but only 1/2 the time would he actually move, and it seemed he would only move about 2 tiles at a time.

Next time I'll carry some wemp or something to entice them off of their smoke break.  =)

• Like 1

I was farming and was attacked by a lion. Easy kill but I was loaded and slow. I called for the guards and they said they were on their way but they never moved. I called multiple times and They all just stood around. What happened?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, yakyuk said:

I was farming and was attacked by a lion. Easy kill but I was loaded and slow. I called for the guards and they said they were on their way but they never moved. I called multiple times and They all just stood around. What happened?

That is what we are hoping to find out. There is looking into this and I hope we will hear something in a few days.

Just an update... I was able to get a response from a guard . one guard it took calling twice .. since one started to run then stopped so I called the second time...Then the other  3 responded and took action.. .. this is only once .. remains to be seen in future calls and at other towers..

I am not sure if I am ready to call this  resolved as of yet... 

*whispers I just  made the title of Soldier* 

I needed to call the guards got a response from two but had to call twice..  two others could have responded but one was facing the tower. with his face in the wall lol ...

I tried to capture the guards' erratic behaviour in a short video. What you can see here:

- Calling the guard for the first time makes him seem to respond and move - but then he stops again and waits.

- Calling a second time finally makes him run.

This is just one of many different examples. Sometimes they don't respond at all, sometimes they do so after having been called multiple times, sometimes they run a short distance towards the target and then stop again, etc...

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 2

Thank you for the video, Yaga.  I've upgraded this from investigation to a bug since GM Hestia added her investigation notes as well.  We'll have the devs take a look at pathing and response.  In the meantime, keep yelling for help ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alectrys said:

Thank you for the video, Yaga.  I've upgraded this from investigation to a bug since GM Hestia added her investigation notes as well.  We'll have the devs take a look at pathing and response.  In the meantime, keep yelling for help ;)

After some more observations it looks like: the farther they are away from the target the more reluctant they seem to be.

• Like 2

Well today it took 3 calls for help to get a nasty troll  off my pixels...2 came .. maybe three not sure but two I am sure of one died.. I buried him.. I do not butcher those who helped me LOL Anywhoooo that is my latest update.

• Like 1

Used the tower guards a few times today so far LOL  ... 3 times I believe and each time the guards did respond in good time and more than one.... But when did an adolescent troll become to much and kill 3 guards lol 

lets hope for continued improvement!

well that was short lived.. I had to call the guards at Golden Glass.. One answered made several other calls for help .. nothing just that one .. there were plenty and no obstructions

• Like 1

Nothing has been changed, so this remains an issue/bug.  The guard near your tower, RavenLure, seem to respond better because they were all pulled back to the tower during the GM testing.  As Yaga pointed out, if the guards are in close proximity to the tower, their response seems to be good.  When they go wandering, they end up getting themselves either underground or out of earshot or behind obstacles or just hide and play cards.

I've left this issue up to the devs now to come up with a better solution.  In the meantime, always shout as often as you are able and hope for the best. 

I sometimes circle the tower and keep shouting until I see all the guards.

• Like 1

Brouser troubles, it save a spare copy, sorry.

Edited by HughMongus
brouser made an extra copy

I have had what RavenLure described happen to me 7 times in past 4 days.

I tested this twice today by leading mob to with in 20 tiles of a GT with NO open mines near by.

In one instance, Called for guards up to 7 times before one showed up.  Eventually I got all 5 on the mob but took several minutes.

In the 2nd instance all 5 guards standing within 5-10 tiles of the GT from previous visit.

I led a mob inside 20 tiles See the Mob To Hear the Call range.

Took 4 calls to get one guard to respond.  Took another 4 calls to 3 of the other 4 guards to start to moving....

Did a final test just now.  Led a Hell Hound to an Albia Safety Hut over by Oak Harbour and I called Guards over 15 times before one arrived.

This place had a mine nearby.  So in checked it after the the guard and I killed the hell hound..

NO guards in the mine, just scattered around the deed, scratching their foreheads.

Conclusion.... Guard Towers are BUGGED and need fixing please!!!!

Respecfully submitted,

Hughmongus

CA - Indy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I sometimes circle the tower and keep shouting until I see all the guards.

That is exactly what I have had to do in all seven of the incidents in the past few days.

I hope the can fix it soon.  My horses are getting tired of riding in circles. 8-)

Cheers! Hughmongus

Well the guard tower near me is not working AGAIN!....I was in 20 tiles called for help.... [00:30:13] No guards seem to respond to your call. got closer called twice more only one came for the hell hound.. luckly a friend happened by with a bear in tow he took the hell hound and I took the bear!

But ya just wanted to up date you all lol keep running keep yelling!

I was  roaming the land behind my deed and there were two hell hounds greatful that only targeted me.. there is a tower back there I called for help 3 times no response...

On 6/23/2017 at 2:23 PM, Alectrys said:

When they go wandering, they end up getting themselves either underground or out of earshot or behind obstacles or just hide and play cards.

What I caught one of mine doing when he thought I wasn't looking.

wurm.20170414.1337_1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.  :)

• Like 1

I need throat loungers from all the yelling... Any word on the progress? 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, Amadee said:

What I caught one of mine doing when he thought I wasn't looking.

Is that the adult section? (love that screenie)

• Like 1

The last couple of days no guards have responded.. they all said they were co ming but the pulled no shows....

I have been noticing also that the guards are roaming further and further from the tower/s like the one near my place they are on the main part of my deed lol ....I know distance plays a factor but I can be standing next to the guard and the tower and he just stands there and picks his nose, when I call.... too.. lol I guess no updates yet