Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

How To Kill X

Granted this is greatly inspired by a similar system found in Black Desert Online, and such occurred to me after browsing another suggestion thread.

Overall it involves gaining knowledge of how to better kill particular mobs. Implementation could involve a base anatomy knowledge broken down into specific creatures, monsters, and exotics.

Knowledge could be transferred by the written word, and be capped at some point requiring actual hands on work.

Knowledge lost overtime and/or have a soft cap working off mind stats?

Have as various skills such as Forensics, Anantomy, and etc. OR as a completely separate new system: Knowledge. Kind of akin to recipes?

Just a rough quickie blah of thoughts on the matter.

• Like 2

How to kill Klaa:

You can't, the man is a myth, few claim to have actually seen him.

• Like 1

Just now, Rudie said:

How to kill Klaa:

You can't, the man is a myth, few claim to have actually seen him.

And those that have seen him, don't even know it most of the time :ph34r:

Kidding aside... Adding specific players might become unwieldy, database wise. Perhaps a more generic Human, or even kingdom specific since the template kingdoms have specific weapon moves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klaa said:

and such occurred to me after browsing another suggestion thread

As was proposed in that another thread, this could be implemented as a simple CR bonus as long as the combat system remains a dice game.

We can study trees to find out they are made out of wood.

Why can't we study dead creatures to be able to tell where to hit so it hurts?

+1

• Like 1

+1 and the option to determine the cause of death for obvious forensic reasons... (and figures out why your pet died again).

19 hours ago, Odynn said:

+1 and the option to determine the cause of death for obvious forensic reasons... (and figures out why your pet died again).

Miss Orange in the kitchen with the rope.

Edited by Klaa

22 hours ago, zigozag said:

As was proposed in that another thread, this could be implemented as a simple CR bonus as long as the combat system remains a dice game.

Oh yeah the implementation under the hood could be any number of formulas depending on how much of a CR bonus is desired by devs when having 100 percent knowledge of where to best shoot, say a human.

Spoiler

Center mass in the heart, or in a very small box bracketed by the eyes. Not higher up on the forehead as Hollywood likes to do... the cranium there is thick enough to reputedly reflect handgun caliber bullets.

Mortal online has a similar system, but they also have limited amount of skills per character to make it so you can only master certain species.

What would the benefit be in this case? More damage (-1), knowing to hit legs or face(+1 but would be placed in wiki anyway), whether or not you should be cutting or mauling for more damage(+1 but would be placed in wiki anyway). Monsters are already easy enough to kill... i don't see any point in additional damage. In mortal online the benefit is actually significant because studying the creature increases taming chance, amount of butchered products, and probably more stuff i forgot about. The additional stuff i mentioned, i would +1

Aye similar boost to fighting any specific critter; though, this is more of a boost from reading information other players have written and/or doing it hands on.

Incidentally encouraging the usage of the game's writing features and excuses for having various forms of books.

Could even title them Killing X For Dummies. :D

Edited by Klaa

6 hours ago, Klaa said:

Aye similar boost to fighting any specific critter; though, this is more of a boost from reading information other players have written and/or doing it hands on.

Incidentally encouraging the usage of the game's writing features and excuses for having various forms of books.

Could even title them Killing X For Dummies. :D

I'm down for anything that makes killing things interesting, this would be fun to do for a while as long as you gain something you can keep and improves your character :3 

The whole Lettering thing in Black Desert is annoying, as when you get a crappy letter you need to go back and forget it and then go back to grind the mob and hope you get the S rank or A+ if I remember correctly.

Edited by Legios
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Legios said:

I'm down for anything that makes killing things interesting, this would be fun to do for a while as long as you gain something you can keep and improves your character :3 

The whole Lettering thing in Black Desert is annoying, as when you get a crappy letter you need to go back and forget it and then go back to grind the mob and hope you get the S rank or A+ if I remember correctly.

In a previous post you asked for aggressive night mobs near the edge of the islands (away from starter town) to provide more "difficult" options for skilled fighters. Now you are +1-ing an option to study creatures and deal more damage to the already "easy" mobs. im confused :wacko:

8 hours ago, Legios said:

Aye even using level one alts to widen one's energy pool, makes the whole random knowledge level and intentionally forgetting to get better to be a bit of a grind despite focusing on mobs I care about.