Sign in to follow this  
Erevorn

How do YOU hide your Wurm at work?

I can't help but notice the amount of people grinding away while at work and I was wondering about all the different ways to stash and hide your Wurm install directory. Do you bring it on pendrives, hide the folder under 20 others, rename the shortcut to something "worky"? :D

• Like 2

I have a pendrive with Ubuntu installed, booting from it I can play Wurm almost from any computer if "needed" :)

• Like 2

We talking about the game or something else?

• Like 2

I tried with virtual box and through VPN from virtual machine, but graphic card at work is poor (everything goes black in wurm after some period) and haven't found good free VPN that is using 443 so gave up, just not worth loosing my job:). It works tho.

• Like 1

So much easier to hide one's tracks IT--wise when one works in the IT!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!

• Like 5

Reminds me of a girl who used to play maple at work all day.  She had fully automated her job without her employer realising.  She only told them after she retired XD

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Reminds me of a girl who used to play maple at work all day.  She had fully automated her job without her employer realising.  She only told them after she retired XD

Haha that's perfect!

Reminds me of a guy who outsourced his job to another firm in India.

He sat in his office all day doing whatever he wanted, earning $100k, paying someone in India $20k to do his job for him. Plenty of time for Wurm then :D

• Like 1

wurm requires unemployment/silver spoon syndrome to be played properly

• Like 1

The key to things is to have a passive income so you have all your time to do whatever you want. If you don't have a passive income you should be speeding your time getting that set up first :) 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kegan said:

The key to things is to have a passive income so you have all your time to do whatever you want. If you don't have a passive income you should be speeding your time getting that set up first :) 

My way. Small, but steady.

• Like 1

I forget which game it was but I remember when I was younger, there used to be a "boss" key.  If your boss was walking by, you'd hit that button, it would pause the game and put a fake spreadsheet on the screen :lol:

It was actually a guy that worked with my father that showed it to me, my father was not amused lol.

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

I used to bring in my laptop and play that too while working haha

And I struggled to play wurm while I worked, so I did the only logical thing, made wurm my work.

Totally sane, right? 

• Like 13

I don't Wurm during work, fun as it sounds I lead by example and prefer to work along side my employees.  I will not ask someone to do something I can't or won't do myself.  I was always brought up to separate work time and personal time.

Call me old-school.

• Like 5

The thought has crossed my mind a few times, but I have way too much to lose by taking such risks.

Edited by solmark
  • Like 2

It's hard to do as a line cook, but I totally leave my laptop running in my backpack

• Like 1

Splashtop from my phone to get it started, since it uses native drivers. Once it is running I move to my workstation and RDP using port 10000. Run it in a 1024x768 window. Mainly just for grinding out mats. If I have to move around too much the RDP sucks so I have to jump back on splashtop from the phone.

I don't, I play it. Some jobs are little more difficult I guess though with such things.

• Like 1

Maybe i'm just old school but my boss(es) are paying me to do work, not play video games.

I know i'm the idiot, though. I'm the one working while everyone else on the payroll is dicking around on their cellphones all day.

• Like 5

I did play a bit at my old job on weekends, or during holidays (with my director's complete knowledge and permission) when I was basically just babysitting and making sure no one burned the campus down. But in my new job, no way, too much to lose. We're not even supposed to have non work laptops in the building.  

16 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

I usually wear pants 

this is by far the best comment here, the rest of you need to pick up your game lol..

as i'm "retired" i dont have to worry about that.

21 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

I usually wear pants 

damn, I was gonna say that...