Sign in to follow this  
Traveler777

The Poll,Rares and Affinities materials used in cooking alternatives.

Had a couple of ideas that I think should be considered on the poll, on the use of rare items in cooking and their affinities influences.

Both still preserve the idea and usefulness of using the rares as an important part of the cooking equation but how about an additional bonus.

First idea, with each step of it's rareness give an original bonus of the same plain item but rare would give and additional affinity, supreme(two) and fantastic...would that be great!. 

Second idea, and MUCH more complicated:  Each items has three steps of "rare" to it: rare, supreme, fantastic. Take a simple Skillet, Meat, Vegetable recipe... each one has an additional level of rare bonus to making the end product a "rare" of some type itself.

Now we enter what do we want from a difference of rare or supreme...+1,+2 to the equation...have to take into consideration what  would happen if we bought a Supreme Potato from a player added it to a Rare Meat  and a plain carrot would add a plus +2/3 from the S. Potato, +1/3 from rare meat and +0 from non-rare carrot, BUT..don't forget the skillet pan...+0/3 on it, lets use a rare pan, since we are on the subject, +1/3 possible rares (no wax/or wrapping involved this time) gives us a +4/12 chance on top of the normal chance at a rare... + %33.33 added chance at a rare finished food item.

It could further be taken you use Supreme's the entire process..you get a Supreme finished food product. HOWEVER, this still is a beginning formula to take into consideration, then you must consider the end effects discussed in the First idea, end result of bonus affinities+ (1-3 or +*-***) or even an added time bonus combo in with it. I think it would be safe to say that chances of getting a Fantastic Pizza..should give +3 affinities.. if even a (characteristic, followed by a Skill on a Supreme to 2/1 or 1/2 Characteristic/Skill  on a Fantastic Food Item. Point is..the more "rare" the better it should be!!!. 

THIS IS AN IDEA...put out in quick response to the powers that be, on nerfing our money spent or the selling value of rare items. Some people have sunk alot of money into higher quality rares and this keeps/gives value to the rare food items that give  players a chance at making some funds. Please, ADD TO THIS DISCUSSION..., this is put together to get some alternatives going. Thank you.

Edited by Traveler777
readability ...(Cecci)

Aww, thanks for breaking up the text a bit for me :)

On the first idea I +1

Edit: Could be fun for all to get a second affinity, but how about keeping it in same field,

like if the meal normally gives weapon smithing ithe second one would be within smithing also.

The second idea needs some thinking before I know what I think about it!

Edited by Cecci